Match Thread Norwich City - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Feb (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Don’t get the pelters… second half we were the better team, even with 10 men… and the winner was by no means soft, no keeper is saving that.

Palmer is by far our most skillful player but I agree with some previous comments, he creates opportunities out of nothing with a bit of sublime skill, then fucksup the final ball. That said, he came on and was the standout player on the pitch, he just has to work on decision making for that last clinical pass.

Thought we played well generally, against a good side who are on the up. I was particularly proud that we continued to go for it when we went down to 10 and didn’t park the bus. No shame on this loss for me.

2 defeats in 16… while I’m pissed off we lost, we’ve got to look at the big picture.

We go again
Two losses in East Anglia that probably shouldn’t have been, it’s cursed territory

AngryAnt

Also our last two games the result has been affected by strange management decisions the negative team selection v Bristol City and the substitutions of Torp & Sakamoto, Tatsu was taking up two defenders just being out there wide and Torp controlled midfield once they went off Norwich took over midfield, remember a number of Norwich players have been PL players and are quick to exploit weak spots and have pace on and without the ball.

Felt that too, Torp going off we lost the middle, but Tats too, second he went off we lost any output along the wing and allowed their defenders to move in to the middle more.
There was one build we had with palmer and there was just no one on the wing where the ball would be looking to go.

All in all, annoyed we lost, mostly because its Norwich and we can't seem to catch a break against them, the tackle was silly and their second was a bullet of a goal that no keeper would have saved. But felt we should have won at 1-0. Think it's more the manner of the defeat more than anything else as we just fell apart.

steve101

At least Palmer added some energy and endeavour. That is what you want from a player coming off the bench. He tried to force it a few times rather than play a percentage pass, however he looked far more of a threat than Wright and Simms.
I would move Palmer up front. I think he would cause teams problems in that area. I know this has been poo pooed before but I think he would do a better job than our striking options.

TomRad85

ITT we overreact to an away loss and claim its all the fault of a player we so happen to dislike.
Was the substitutions for me. Oh well, on to the next. Massive game against Millwall, the kind of game we need to be getting 3 points from.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

stupot07

So you prefer someone who doesn't even have the skill? Makes no sense. If he had full end product he would be in prem not playing for cov

He came on as a sub when we down to 10 men. He tried to make things happen and very nearly did. It's not a easy situation

People need to stop being fixated on the talent he could have been and realise the talent that he is for us. And he still has a big role for us. After this sub cameo I have a feeling he gets the start Vs sheff wed personally

I want to see more like today from him. Looks a bit like ronaldinho and today actually used his frame to hold people off and then drove forward like him too! Hopefully on Tuesday it leads to some goals or assists of course.

No I prefer someone to make good decisions in key areas, regardless of skill. No point having someone with lots of skill who creates little.

He probably will start on Tuesday as I expect us to completely change the team like we have for every FA cup game.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

Don’t get the Simms/Palmer comparisons, they’re different players in different positions with different skill sets.

People need to get on board with Simms. Criticism is based on unrealistic expectations or pure bias.

covcity4life

No I prefer someone to make good decisions in key areas, regardless of skill. No point having someone with lots of skill who creates little.

He probably will start on Tuesday as I expect us to completely change the team like we have for every FA cup game.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Allen fucked up that counter when he underhit it to saka while mve motored inside. Let's not pretend it's just Palmer.

Martw

Right

Ellis simms 57% pass accuracy and 11 touches .

Surely fans realise its the way we play more than the actual strikers themselves ? If not there's no hope

Did simms have a shot today ? Did he recieve a single pass in the box today ?
He would have a clear shot on goal if the referee had played play on - beyond that I don’t think so

hinckley cov

Fricking frustrating. Anyway this season is not one where I expect us to get promoted. Norwich is not going get promoted either. Need to get a proper striker this summer because Simms is not the answer no matter what anyone says. I see some value in keeping Wright. Godden, Moore, Kelly have to be offloaded. Will likely sell COH as he’s not staying. DK need extra attacking midfielders to place COH. Need to sign Binks and another defender, goalkeeper as well as Wilson sucks.
It’s not going to get any easier to get promoted next year with teams like Everton potentially coming down

Brighton Sky Blue

No individual particularly is at fault today, though the bell end of a referee never helped you can’t even really blame him. That dickhead Wagner gets to wank over it again anyway and Ashley Barnes gets to feel useful for aiming a shot at a defender.

pusbccfc

Robins is fuming with Norwich

Users who are viewing this thread