No bullshit (1 Viewer)

lordsummerisle

Yet more proof that we some of the most credulous supporters around on this board.

File this with the "Marlon King for England" one.

Godiva

I think he wants an honest opinion of how much the club is worth from someone out side of SISU. Hoffman could give his boss a decent appraisal of how much his boss should part with and would also be able to give him a pretty good idea of what total would prize CCFC from SISU's hands.

If he goes straight to SISU, they will, like the money grubbing bastards they are, try to take him for all he's worth etc.

Once he knows both sides of the story (aka what Hoffman believes is a good amount and what SISU believe is a good amount) he can consider how much he's willing to part with in order to gain total control of not only the club but also the stadium and all its holdings etc.

It's commen business management to seek outside opinions first before going straight to the source!

It's really not too difficult.
First step is to find out if sisu want out ... only sisu can tell him that.
Second step is to valuate the club and it's assets and liabilities (due dilligence).
Third step is negotiate a realistic price for the loans and acceptable payback conditions.
Fourth step is to write the checque.

Nothing in there calls for Hoffmans 'expertise' - just simple accountants, financial advisors and a few lawyers.

It will probably take 6-9 months without Hoffman ... 18-24 months (and a higher final payment) with Hoffman.

cyril

Yes. But Hoffman has already done this. And I for one want him to spearhead this possible bid. Because he knows far more than me or my boss. And he can sell it completely to my man

cyril

Ok. I won't Rise to the bait. Of course youll be sceptical. I love ccfc and I'll try my hardest. I've not promised anything. But ill do my best for us all

ajsccfc

Rise to it? You're the one who dangled it with this thread. I mean, the title alone is the equivalent of starting a sentence with 'I'm not racist, but'.

Last edited:
B

Bobby Firenze

Someone on GMK says you made a similar post over there last year Cyril. Is it the same potential buyer?

Grendel

Grendel

Rise to it? You're the one who dangled it with this thread. I mean, the title alone is the equivalent of starting a sentence with 'I'm not racist, but'.

What some bloke called Cyril posts on a fans forum he knows a billionaire and needs some unrelated blokes e-mail address and then he's going to persuade him to buy the club and you're sceptical it's not all true. You must be a very cynical chap.

dongonzalos

My pm does not work on my Android.

So I would suggest you contact
Ian Bowden on 020 7696 5285

With details of your boss and a concise precis of his position and contact details for him.

Ask for those details to be passed to Gary.

It may work. If you don't have a more direct route.

Last edited:

gally9

So let me get this straight considering the facts we have

1. Your boss is one of the richest men in the world
2. He is interested in buying the whole thing.. Lock and stock.
3. To do this he has sent you on a fact finding mission
4. You want Gary Hoffman to help.

And you find the best way to do this is through an Internet forum... For one of the richest men in the world your dude seems very isolated, surely his networking means he would at least have a way of getting or finding out some of this info himself?

For that reason I'm out..

Diehard Si

Well at least he's trying. I admit I'm sceptical too, if something sounds too good to be true it usually is.

But he's asked several questions before on this. I believe he must know someone, but remember he is NOT that person and if the person concerned is letting him do the ground work he can't be that interested. But you never know.

Cryil I suggest you don't post anymore about it though. If what you say is true it might have consequences later. Don't give out any more info or get drawn into other questions.

Diehard Si

My company's worldwide group has about €6bn turnover a year, but I'd rather have SISU than our parent company I think.

Chipfat

SISU will not sell to Hoff or anyone else they want the ground simple and until they get it they will not even enter talks.

But you don't ask, you don't get, no matter how out of reach or unrealistic it is,, Fair play to anyone who is trying to get us out the shit because if anyone can tell me a lower point in the clubs history remind me....

valiant15

What will the hoff haters do if he did front a takeover? They casually forget that there was an offer on the table for the club last season.

Godiva

Why go to Hoffman? Why not go directly to the club?
If your boss is as loaded as you say, he will be met with open arms.
And if he's loaded, he'll be able to find his own advisors and negotiators - he won't need Hoffman.

Don't let your personal feelings get in your way - otherwise you will never get anywhere.

And let me add:

Hoffman and sisu have a bad history - that alone will corrupt any negotiation, so I think it will be a big mistake to involve him.
What's your priority? Have Hoffman back or sisu out?
I don't think there's a realistic chance for having both.

Ampthill fair play in what you say. But I trust hoffman more than SISU and seriously if they know who's behind it the price will triple

But long before they even agree to a due dillegence process sisu will demand to know Hoffmans investors like they did last year. So your boss will be known to sisu anyway.
I see no reason to take the long and winding road and pull in Hoffman - sisu will only see it as a hostile take over.

@richh87

But long before they even agree to a due dillegence process sisu will demand to know Hoffmans investors like they did last year. So your boss will be known to sisu anyway.
I see no reason to take the long and winding road and pull in Hoffman - sisu will only see it as a hostile take over.

If Cyrill is genuine then it makes sense to find out a realistic price from Hoffman. SISU will start out asking for crazy money and knowing the true price could save months of negotiations.

Good luck to you Cyrill, do your best.

The richest people on earth didn't get there by buying second rate footbal clubs and building them up and basking in glory. This is not real folks :facepalm:

I would like to call this thread as fantasy. I can see why he'd be interested though, SISU will not sell cheap and for all anyone knows we've found the right division on League 1 for a club of our circumstance. Seems a great investment opportunity :D

Users who are viewing this thread