No bullshit (1 Viewer)

Macca

Have I been smoking crack? No don t think so. I am actually reading this :D

Godiva

If Cyrill is genuine then it makes sense to find out a realistic price from Hoffman. SISU will start out asking for crazy money and knowing the true price could save months of negotiations.

Good luck to you Cyrill, do your best.

I have absolutely no opinion if Cyril is genuine or not and if his boss is interested or not. But for the arguments sake, let's say it's all true.

Sisu would never start revealing any price they would accept. They would start demanding to know who they will be dealing with, and there will be absolutely no progress until they know.
They will say they are not looking to sell, but will consider any reasonable offer.

Hoffman will bring nothing to the table, and his mere presense will obstruct any negotiation.

skyblueman

Now is not the time for this - time for a good deal and most likely best time for SISU to be receptive to any offer is if/when they realise the club isn't going to get promotion back to the Championship - this will leave them with a problem - mounting losses for a League 1 club likely to stay in the same division for a few years - that really is time to cut your losses as they are only going to get larger

Diehard Si

Does his Billionaire investor realise the same??

If someone could acquire the club and stadium, invest money smartly then this club could generate a profit, tax free for a good few years ( tax losses from prior years must be huge ).

SISU's problem is they lost their bottle and couldn't get the stadium.

Ashdown

I can assure you that if Cyrils boss wanted that chunk of CV6 and all within it, they could buy it out of petty cash..........I can also assure you that we wouldn't have a Tesco stand after the buy out !!

AFCCOVENTRY

No disrespect - but why would a millionaire get you to do the dirty work?

He has lawyers etc that would deal with all of this.

This is not how business is done and I work with a lot of wealthy guys.

Diehard Si

No disrespect - but why would a millionaire get you to do the dirty work?

He has lawyers etc that would deal with all of this.

This is not how business is done and I work with a lot of wealthy guys.

I'm guessing Cyril is just trying to persuade him.

My mates dad did a lot of work with a certain Sheik. He was telling the guy down one from him about buying a football club. He said I know a great club, it's a City and they play in Sky Blue.

He always jokes how they bought the wrong club.

skyblueinBaku

I have absolutely no opinion if Cyril is genuine or not and if his boss is interested or not. But for the arguments sake, let's say it's all true.

Sisu would never start revealing any price they would accept. They would start demanding to know who they will be dealing with, and there will be absolutely no progress until they know.
They will say they are not looking to sell, but will consider any reasonable offer.

Hoffman will bring nothing to the table, and his mere presense will obstruct any negotiation.

It's not Hoffman's presence that will obstruct negotiations, it's Sisu's.

AFCCOVENTRY

I'm guessing Cyril is just trying to persuade him.

My mates dad did a lot of work with a certain Sheik. He was telling the guy down one from him about buying a football club. He said I know a great club, it's a City and they play in Sky Blue.

He always jokes how they bought the wrong club.

Is Cyril in a position where he can even open discussions with Hoffman? I have met Hoff a few times as I work in the city and he is not an easy guy to get hold off. You have to have a serious written proposal and evidence of the people involved.

Hoffman will clearly state why hasn't the billionaire or his legal reps contacted him?

Now is not the time for this - time for a good deal and most likely best time for SISU to be receptive to any offer is if/when they realise the club isn't going to get promotion back to the Championship - this will leave them with a problem - mounting losses for a League 1 club likely to stay in the same division for a few years - that really is time to cut your losses as they are only going to get larger

I think if we're already in a position where it is clear to SISU and investors can see we're not going up.

Does anyone know what odds the odds are on us being in League 1 next season?

Last edited:

Godiva

It's not Hoffman's presence that will obstruct negotiations, it's Sisu's.

It's the bad blood between them that's the deciding factor. You can't remove sisu from the equation - but you can remove Hoffman.

Otis

I can vouch for Cyril. He is genuine in his intentions, cut him some slack.

He's my friend of Facebook, though I've never actually met him. Seems a level headed bloke ....maybe apart from the Pompey thing of course. :whistle:

He's built like a brick shithouse though so I am surprised it was only 100 Pompey fans. I'm sure most of them just simply bounced off him.

Last edited:

Ashdown

Pretty much everything Cyril has said is the truth, he does have the close contact and the people in question could easily afford to buy the whole shebang. I think Cyril is just trying to obtain a line of communication for others to investigate further, once thats done he'll stand back and hope something happens.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

He's my friend of Facebook, though I've never actually met him. Seems a level headed bloke ....maybe apart from the Pompey thing of course. :whistle:

He's built like a brick shithouse though so I am surprised it was only 100 Pompey fans. I'm sure most of them just simply bounced off him.

You have some dodgy Facebook associations Otis.....

Last edited:

Diehard Si

Is Cyril in a position where he can even open discussions with Hoffman? I have met Hoff a few times as I work in the city and he is not an easy guy to get hold off. You have to have a serious written proposal and evidence of the people involved.

Hoffman will clearly state why hasn't the billionaire or his legal reps contacted him?

Why?

He's not buying the club off Hoffman?

He wants to speak with him about it.

Otis

Pretty much everything Cyril has said is the truth, he does have the close contact and the people in question could easily afford to buy the whole shebang. I think Cyril is just trying to obtain a line of communication for others to investigate further, once thats done he'll stand back and hope something happens.

Bit like me with what happens on the pitch.

I stand back and hope something happens.

theprince

Anyone with the club at heart be it Hoffman, Elliott or whoever will listen and aid anybody who is a genuine prospect of ridding us of these parasites who currently own the club. I fear the chinaman has slipped away and IF no one else emerges we WILL be liquidated.

Otis

Unfortunately I think you'll find that the Chinaman was just a stall holder at the Hearsall Common Crock Fair.

AFCCOVENTRY

Quite, hoffmans done the dirty work and knows exactly what it will take to buy the club

My question is why are you doing the dirty work.

You can't just approach Hoffman saying you know someone. Your boss will have to approach him direct. Hoffman won't just go with it. He will want to know a lot more info and how serious he is.

Otis

'My question is why are you doing the dirty work?'

Err, because he's a City fan? :thinking about:

jimmyhillsfanclub

No bullshit.....:D:D:D don't make me laugh...

I reckon it'll play out something like this....

Cyril....How much will it cost to buy the club Gary?

Gary H....3 magic beans should cover it.

Cyril....Can you put that in writing on headed paper?

Gary H.....No.

cyril

My question is why are you doing the dirty work.

You can't just approach Hoffman saying you know someone. Your boss will have to approach him direct. Hoffman won't just go with it. He will want to know a lot more info and how serious he is.
The idea will be for Hoffman to put the proposal to him

Diehard Si

So does your boss know about this already? Has he shown any interest at all?

Or are you hoping the Hoff can convince him?

skybluesam66

Going against the thread title here, this is bullshit

Who wants to watch massive polish and german women throwing shot put?

last night on the last leg
i agree for the paralympics - the triple jumper who jumped into the rake ,
not as good as the wheelchair tennis player , who at the break between sets, got up for a walk round

Users who are viewing this thread