Nikki sinclair (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
They also signed a contract to pay the agreed rent at the Ricoh, which I believe is slightly more legally binding than their "promises" to fans and a Euro MP and we all know what happened there......

They didn't sign it though did they? Didn't they inherit it. (Should have looked into it at the time I guess)

It was the bunch before who signed it.

Nick

Administrator
The £4 bit on tickets is interesting though, will Nikki Sinclaire be able to expand on it? IF true and they did want £4 from every ticket as well as rent / matchday costs it is a bit cheeky. Unless that was just the matchday costs and how they worked it out?

LastGarrison

I for one am glad they didn't pay the rent, the damn agreement was cursed to begin with and SISU putting there foot down made sure it didn't go unoticed!

Before we go round in circles we all know the rent was ridiculously high but surely this should have been negotiated before they signed the contract and not when they realised we weren't going to be the cash cow they presumed we would be.

My point is though you are taking their pledge at face value when it has been proven that this might not always be the wisest idea...

Brighton Sky Blue

We all know why they are still here based on an opinion that has no facts or evidence to support your opinion.

Yes SISU wmay want the Ricoh Arena but if this thread shows anything it shows how useless the council are, they are only interested when it suits them, not the people of Coventry, not the fans and not the club. It's all bollocks!

SISU want the ground as with it they can get a lot more money for the club. The only problem is that rather than negotiate a price for it they want it as cheap as possible and expect it to just be handed over. Failing that, we have Plan B in action to bust ACL and get it that way.

The number crunching shows that even with cheaper rent at Northampton the reduced crowds and vastly reduced capacity see us earning much more at the Ricoh. We aren't getting any pie money from Northampton so why are we going to such desperate lengths to not play in Coventry?

The answer is surely that we are trying to bust ACL by cutting off income.

Godiva

lordsummerisle

They didn't sign it though did they? Didn't they inherit it. (Should have looked into it at the time I guess)

Been many attempts over the years, both prior and after Sisu to renogotiate the rent, but were always told no.

Problem with a monopoly.

LastGarrison

Surely then that was the ideal time to negotiate with the club so close to going under?

It's all by the by now but, personally, I find it hard to take their statements and assurances at face value.

RoboCCFC90

Before we go round in circles we all know the rent was ridiculously high but surely this should have been negotiated before they signed the contract and not when they realised we weren't going to be the cash cow they presumed we would be.

My point is though you are taking their pledge at face value when it has been proven that this might not always be the wisest idea...

This is something that McGinnity and co should have made very clear to SISU when they bought the club, but then SISU should have been thourough to begin with and weren't and that's their fault.

Maybe so, but I don't see any other alternatives maybe when we are more than 2 more games into the season I should judge the effect of NOPM, but so far it doesn't seem like it will work.

RoboCCFC90

SISU want the ground as with it they can get a lot more money for the club. The only problem is that rather than negotiate a price for it they want it as cheap as possible and expect it to just be handed over. Failing that, we have Plan B in action to bust ACL and get it that way.

The number crunching shows that even with cheaper rent at Northampton the reduced crowds and vastly reduced capacity see us earning much more at the Ricoh. We aren't getting any pie money from Northampton so why are we going to such desperate lengths to not play in Coventry?

The answer is surely that we are trying to bust ACL by cutting off income.

It probably helps that when you are trying to renegotiate the party you are negotiating with (The Council) stop playing games, "They don't recognise the owners of the club" it's crap, they were happy to recognise SISU before they rejected the CVA, now Ann Lucas won't meet Joy Seppala or Nikki Sinclaire.. It's all to strange it doesn't fit

Brighton Sky Blue

Been many attempts over the years, both prior and after Sisu to renogotiate the rent, but were always told no.

Problem with a monopoly.

Yeah to be fair being offered cheaper rent than Walsall with access to the crucial pie money is incomparable to playing in Northampton, making the academy homeless and selling merchandise from a pathetic stall outside Tesco.

RoboCCFC90

Erm, does he not state its just an opinion?

No Valiant was so overcome by SISU hatred he only read what mattered to him.

James Smith

Nikki Sinclair tweet:

"Nikki Sinclaire MEP ‏@NSinclaireMEP 52m
Do #ccfc fans think it is fair for @coventrycc to impose a £4 levy on tickets prices to play at the Ricoh? #pusb #KeepCovInCov"

This £4 levy is news to me as I've not heard of this before. Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

City Council wanted £4 from every ticket sold? Maybe that's why £150K rent headline appeared. They wanted to make up their shortfall by screwing the fans?

Is there such thing as a straight deal?
So basically based on last season's attendance they wanted almost £1,000,000 a season from CCFC..

Can people get there head out there asses now the Council are just as much to blame as anyone else!!

We don't have any actual evidence that this £4 levy actually exists, it's just a claim from the Queen of the Shadows and hasn't been proved or denied yet.

RoboCCFC90

with each passing day you crawl further and further up fishers arse.

Oh that's okay lets wish they never stopped paying the extortionate rent deal and we keep plunging further into the abyss because as any other Football Club would want to do in this financial climate is benefit from every aspect of the Stadia, hence Richardson's grand idea of moving to the Arena in the first place..

We all know why they are still here based on an opinion that has no facts or evidence to support your opinion.

Yes SISU wmay want the Ricoh Arena but if this thread shows anything it shows how useless the council are, they are only interested when it suits them, not the people of Coventry, not the fans and not the club. It's all bollocks!

I'd be interested to know how you explain the following as being in the interests of CCFC...

1) the Judicial Review claim
2) refusal to pay rent at £150k per annum while 'Highfield 2' is being built.

RoboCCFC90

We don't have any actual evidence that this £4 levy actually exists, it's just a claim from the Queen of the Shadows and hasn't been proved or denied yet.

Doesn't really sound like a claim the way it's been worded on Nikki's part..

hill83

True.

But if it came from ACL - "OMG ROFL IT'S TRUUUUUUUU"

skybluesam66

the £4 was stated somewhere- but only applied to ticket sales above a certain level

ie cheap rent was offered, but if gates did get above certain levels, additional sales would have a £4 levy
so if we were to get say 20k gates in the championship, as an example the additional 8k over the level(if it were set at 12k) would cost the club 32k

Brighton Sky Blue

It probably helps that when you are trying to renegotiate the party you are negotiating with (The Council) stop playing games, "They don't recognise the owners of the club" it's crap, they were happy to recognise SISU before they rejected the CVA, now Ann Lucas won't meet Joy Seppala or Nikki Sinclaire.. It's all to strange it doesn't fit

Why would Lucas publicly ask to meet Seppala if she had no intention of doing it? She wants the Ricoh for nothing to secure SISU's exit-the council won't just give their freehold away and so we have an impasse. Note-had ACL not been thwarted in their administration we would now be with owners who could have united club with stadium.

James Smith

if the JR appeal is upheld then the shit hits the fan and the ccc will be panicking - ccc are banking on the appeal being thrown out again if its not then you will see ACL & SHITZU getting around the table all of a sudden.

Er yeah except as I understand it that this wasn't the JR that got thrown out it was the application for a JR. So even if the appeal is successful SISU then still have to win the JR - not quite as clear cut as you make out but happy to be proved corrected.

Nick

Administrator
Why would Lucas publicly ask to meet Seppala if she had no intention of doing it? She wants the Ricoh for nothing to secure SISU's exit-the council won't just give their freehold away and so we have an impasse. Note-had ACL not been thwarted in their administration we would now be with owners who could have united club with stadium.

I read somewhere that Lucas said she couldn't because of all the ongoing legal issues, what I don't get is why she went to the press and suggested it in the first place if she couldn't? Cheeky PR stunt?

RoboCCFC90

Which is surely the only way to proceed!

jesus-wept

This £4 extra per ticket ? Extra to what ? The £13 or is it £19 paid at Sixfields, or whatever price sisu charge should we go back to the Ricoh ?was £22 last season on a walk up basis. Do away fans pay ? How long for, ever ? Such a loose statement from Ms Sinclaire without basic facts. Is it just to wet appertites ? Can't help thinking it is bait to retieve the thousands sisu have already lost this season. I get the feeling the penny has dropped in Sepalla's brain that Fisher's prophecy of fans returning ain't going to happen, 1500 home fans is about as good as it will get, costing her company £200k per game in lost revenue. Timmy is doing more for our NOPM campaign than we are, thanks Timmy lad.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Oh that's okay lets wish they never stopped paying the extortionate rent deal and we keep plunging further into the abyss because as any other Football Club would want to do in this financial climate is benefit from every aspect of the Stadia, hence Richardson's grand idea of moving to the Arena in the first place..

We were offered vastly improved terms and took the team to Northampton instead. We are at the bottom of the League 1 table with negative points because SISU want to bust ACL-let's all thank our esteemed leader for securing that one.

Brighton Sky Blue

I read somewhere that Lucas said she couldn't because of all the ongoing legal issues, what I don't get is why she went to the press and suggested it in the first place if she couldn't? Cheeky PR stunt?

Do you have the quotes from Lucas?

RoboCCFC90

We were offered vastly improved terms and took the team to Northampton instead. We are at the bottom of the League 1 table with negative points because SISU want to bust ACL-let's all thank our esteemed leader for securing that one.

Sorry I was discussing instead of not paying the rent at the time we refused to.

lordsummerisle

Think it was part of the £400,000 a year offer but crowds over 16,000, think it went up to £5 over 20,000?

Was in the Trust Q@A with ACL and Sisu, and from the ACL side.

Ridiculous offer, which nobody in their right mind should accept(Which is why Fisher initially accepted it i suppose, then overruled by somebody sensible).

James Smith

True.

But if it came from ACL - "OMG ROFL IT'S TRUUUUUUUU"

No each side should have the right to reply/refute and until then we should treat each statement with the same suspicion. For me it's just that one side has made more than a few statements that are have contained 'inaccuracies' and the other side hasn't yet.

Last edited:

jesus-wept

I think Lucas's open letter in the Telegraph to meet Joy Sepalla "woman to woman" was after the first JR verdict. As it seems this offer has never been accepted by JS what else is Ann Lucan supposed to do. I don't think there has been an answer to Lucas one way or t'other nows the chance Ms Sepalla

Users who are viewing this thread