Nikki sinclair (1 Viewer)

Maupet

Sounds like joy has talked her round as she says cov city council is to blame for this mess

Sky Blue Pete

What I do agree with is that the council are the only party who by changing their current position could bring about resolution! Sisu are still 90% to blame for moving to Northampton though in my opinion irrespective of anything else

torchomatic

Sounds like joy has talked her round as she says cov city council is to blame for this mess

They've certainty got to shoulder some of the blame.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Maupet

Joy said the same old thing about making mistakes early on but now she is misunderstood. She is here for the long term and the council have been badly advised and should have accepted the cva

thaiskyblue

joy diversion should be facing the supporters , not a euro mp who is on the vote trail, just another chapter in the Coventry City joke book. Come on Seppala face the music !

sky blue john

Joy said the same old thing about making mistakes early on but now she is
misunderstood. She is here for the long term and the council have been badly advised and should have accepted the cva

Obviously the unsigned cva has put a real spanner in the works for sisu, good !!!
At the end of the day if the cva had been signed ccfc would still be at northampton with ccc still fighting a jr.

jesus-wept

Agree if Sepalla has met Sinclaire then she, (JS) can meet the important people who can help resolve this mess. She won't. Nobody is blameless but if Nikki Sinclaire has listened and just accepted JS explaination full stop then she has achieved nothing and possibly cost her credit. Nobody can deny Sepalla and sisu are as slippery as an eel and is hardly likely to take the blame. The facts are there for all to see sisu have taken Coventry City FC out of it's home city, not a thought for it's supporters, the emotional stress caused to some, young, old, disabled, infirm all unable to get to Northampton. I think Nikki Sinclaire has missed this point. Looking for blame serves no purpose now, trying to redeem the situation is the main issue and get the club back to the Ricoh, to do that Sinclaire should ask Tim Fisher the direct question, will you swallow your pride and come back, the answer I am sure will be no.

Another direct question should be asked to Joy Sepalla if the current CVA had been signed would she cancel the Northamptom arrangement immediately, and tell us the answer.

Last edited:

sky blue john

Whilst the JR saga is still in progress which is Sisu's choice to appeal an unwinable case heaping more costs on ccfc !!!
How can acl be responsible for no current negotiations ?

RoboCCFC90

Nikki did he say in an article before the CVA Rejection that she felt that ACL should accept the CVA conditions, maybe that's why she feels ACL/CCC are to blame for the club playing there games in Northampton. I still think SISU need to look at themselves before pointing the finger however Fisher did admit at the Forums to mistakes being made on there part.

The only way forward is if CCC Sell the Arena to SISU/CCFC IMO or else we won't move back there and have to hang our hopes on a stadium being built.

Warwickhunt

if the JR appeal is upheld then the shit hits the fan and the ccc will be panicking - ccc are banking on the appeal being thrown out again if its not then you will see ACL & SHITZU getting around the table all of a sudden.

Sub

mistakes ? a complete disaster which they continue to keep making worse with every move, ACL were right to reject the CVA i would of done after afer SISU just tried fucking ACL over and stealing the stadium from CCC. this could of been sorted years ago but SISU chose not to, when they first came in they had everything they needed to get the stadium at a resonable price but as they have now shown there true colours they have lost all credability and nobody trusts them so SISU have shot themselves in the foot and created this shit storm around the club. ACL/CCC are no saints in this situation but SISU are mainly to blame for it getting completly out of hand and entrenched. imho

sky blue john

if the JR appeal is upheld then the shit hits the fan and the ccc will be panicking - ccc are banking on the appeal being thrown out again if its not then you will see ACL & SHITZU getting around the table all of a sudden.

About a 1% chance of this scenario happening !!!

FRY-CCFC

[h=3]A statement following my meeting with Joy Seppala[/h]

Nikki today met with Joy Seppala and had an open and frank conversation.

Nikki would like to put on record her thanks to Joy for meeting her in person.

It was instantly agreed that the interests of Coventry city football club and its fans are paramount.

Nikki explained that as a football fan, the trauma of a club moving out of its natural surroundings were devastating. Joy completely empathised with the fans and said that contrary to popular opinion, she felt for the fans and regrets the circumstances that has led to the current position.

Joy reiterated her acknowledgement of mistakes made in the earlier years of Sisu's ownership. Joy made it absolutely clear that she is not going anywhere and it is her intention to bring back Coventry City Football club to the area.

Indeed, it was reiterated that the Football League had made it clear that severe sanctions could follow of this was not accomplished.

Joy regrets that ACL and in particular CCC leader Ann Lucas, despite public pronouncements, has not facilitated a meeting. It is still with great regret that the Council inexplicably rejected the CVA, costing the club ten points.

One of the bars to the meeting has been the lack of recognition from the Council to the ownership of the club. This still remains a barrier to any future meeting.

Joy explained that a club that doesn't control it's match day revenues is unsustainable, therefore, many attempts were made to renegotiate a fairer deal which would have been more sustainable for the club, securing its long term future and progress.

A great deal of time was spent with Nikki putting forward many of the fans questions including the future stadium development, its continuing community work within the city, promised transport Northampton and shirt sponsorship.

The reason for a lack of shirt sponsor was given as the transfer embargoes. Nikki suggested offering the shirt sponsorship to a charity in the interim period and the idea was warmly accepted.

They accepted and understand the Keep Cov in Cov campaign and that any possible return to the Ricoh would only happen if they were guaranteed some sort of security.

Joy also expressed sorrow that Cllr Lucas had not agreed to meet with Nikki.

It was a positive meeting and communication lines will be kept open. Nikki will monitor the situation about the topics discussed to ensure that actions are completed and fans concerns are fully addressed.

Nikki remains open to discuss this situation with any of the stakeholders, either individually or collectively. Once again, she is also urging everybody to sit down and have talks, as that is what the fans deserve.

The future of Coventry city starts here, not at some wish point in the future.

jesus-wept

The JR appeal has obviously held everything up from all sides. Is appealing a delaying tactic from sisu ? Who knows. Sinclaire has her knickers in a twist over this as she has put some sort of objection into the EU. What that will achieve is any bodies guess. We have debt crisis in most Southern EU countries, Spain, Greece, and no idea how to sort that out, Syria gassing their own people prompting an EU call to arms and our MEP worrying about us playing football in Northampton and an issue which is currently the property of our court system. Bless her !

Sub

The reason for a lack of shirt sponsor was given as the transfer embargoes.

WTF ?

nothing to do with the fact that nobody wants to be associated with this car crash of a club with SISU at the steering wheel

Last edited:

ajsccfc

It seems a waste of time to work out who's more to blame for what. If one of the parties made a statement saying 'hands up, it's 65% our fault', then what?

RoboCCFC90

Joy reiterated her acknowledgement of mistakes made in the earlier years of Sisu's ownership. Joy made it absolutely clear that she is not going anywhere and it is her intention to bring back Coventry City Football club to the area.

One of the bars to the meeting has been the lack of recognition from the Council to the ownership of the club. This still remains a barrier to any future meeting.[
/QUOTE]

Sub

One of the bars to the meeting has been the lack of recognition from the Council to the ownership of the club. This still remains a barrier to any future meeting.[
/QUOTE]

might have something to do with the administration process looking like it had holes big enough to drive a truck through it,and might have to be run again therefore the owners can not be reconised as Sisu (or what ever they are called this week) tmay not be the owners at the end of all this legal shit that is going on

RoboCCFC90

"Joy reiterated her acknowledgement of mistakes made in the earlier years of Sisu's ownership. Joy made it absolutely clear that she is not going anywhere and it is her intention to bring back Coventry City Football club to the area."

"
One of the bars to the meeting has been the lack of recognition from the Council to the ownership of the club. This still remains a barrier to any future meeting."

So at least one thing can be learnt from this Joy isn't willing to part with us yet, NOPM will not work.

So yet the Council offer a deal to play at the Ricoh since then but when it isn't accepted they won't re-negotiate because of the lack of recognition from the council to the ownership of the club?

RoboCCFC90

might have something to do with the administration process looking like it had holes big enough to drive a truck through it,and might have to be run again therefore the owners can not be reconised as they may not be the owners at the end of all this legal shit that is going on

Yet they offer a deal just before the CVA is rejected?? Well surely they didn't recognise who the owners were or did they take of there beer goggles?

Sub

so you believe what joy says then ? i dont, the end game is to get the ricoh for nothing or a price SISU want to pay and she will say whatever she needs to to get it to whoever she is talking to at the time, basically just say what that person want sto hear at that point in time.

sportbilly

Nikki Sinclair tweet:

"Nikki Sinclaire MEP ‏@NSinclaireMEP 52m
Do #ccfc fans think it is fair for @coventrycc to impose a £4 levy on tickets prices to play at the Ricoh? #pusb #KeepCovInCov"

This £4 levy is news to me as I've not heard of this before. Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

Sub

Yet they offer a deal just before the CVA is rejected?? Well surely they didn't recognise who the owners were or did they take of there beer goggles?

would you off been happy if they accept the offer? i would of CCFC in coventry less rent more revenue and SISU still get to build their stadium and ACL get a paying tennant, no ten point deduction ? sounds perfect for everybody, but no it doesnt give SISU what they want the RICOH so thats why it will never happen its all about distressing ACL and getting the RICOH for next to fuck all.

jesus-wept

Well reading that the door seems open for Nikki Sinclaire to facilitate a meeting with other parties such as the Trust or any supporter group for that matter such as the London supporters association and Joy Sepalla. Why not arrange, of course she won't. Nothing in that statement is new and could have been taken from any number of news articles about this saga. Sorry Ms Sinclaire, I applauded you for getting involved and am of the opinion anything is better than nothing but you quiet frankly achieved nothing new. As I have said in other posts the council are certainly not blameless in this saga but remember it is the whole council Labour and Tory, unanimous perhaps you should ask Councillor Blundell the Tory leader why ??

RoboCCFC90

would you off been happy if they accept the offer? i would of CCFC in coventry less rent more revenue and SISU still get to build their stadium and ACL get a paying tennant, no ten point deduction ? sounds perfect for everybody, but no it doesnt give SISU what they want the RICOH so thats why it will never happen its all about distressing ACL and getting the RICOH for next to fuck all.

I am not talking about the acceptance of the offer though Sub, it's just funny to me that CCC offer a deal to SISU when they feel like it or when they recognise the owners of the club, they are more or less playing a little game themselves.

Would I have been happy if SISU had accepted the offer to play at the Ricoh? At first yes, in the long haul no.

Tom's Dad

City Council wanted £4 from every ticket sold? Maybe that's why £150K rent headline appeared. They wanted to make up their shortfall by screwing the fans?

Is there such thing as a straight deal?

Godiva

I can't help thinking that NS is doing what the Trust should do ... talk to the owners, relying the fans concerns, asking questions ...

RoboCCFC90

City Council wanted £4 from every ticket sold? Maybe that's why £150K rent headline appeared. They wanted to make up their shortfall by screwing the fans?

Is there such thing as a straight deal?

So basically based on last season's attendance they wanted almost £1,000,000 a season from CCFC..

Can people get there head out there asses now the Council are just as much to blame as anyone else!!

Users who are viewing this thread