Next season's kit (1 Viewer)

skyblueinBaku

Now to me that just looks wishy washy.

What about that, but with ...hmm, let's say ......stripes!!

Do you like striped kit, Otis?

oakey

Now to me that just looks wishy washy.

What about that, but with ...hmm, let's say ......stripes!!

You just have a problem with pale colours!
That shirt would look great with sky blue shorts (and thick white stripe down sides) and socks.
Or with white shorts (and thick sky blue stripe down sides) and sky blue socks.

B-Ban-Boogie

I did these last year at the end of the season ......
I think H or I with dark blue shirts would be perfect...

Doesn't D look familiar!! :mad:

Cov Kits with Sponsor.jpg

Otis

I like D (don't know why), G underneath it and then I too.

I don't have a problem with pale colours, just don't like wishy washy ones. The blue in the first two is nice, the third one, wishy washy. ;)

lifeskyblue

H for me with sky blue shorts. I with dark blue shorts as second choice. E or F...no thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usskyblue

Having a scan on Monday.

I actually laughed :D

You wear this ?

fucktard_funny_barcode_design_necklace-r06b19ddf4e274684a281dbf502e016b9_fkoep_8byvr_512.jpg

Gazolba

Something as close to this as possible, please.

0015121_malmo-1960s-retro-football-shirt_220.jpeg

Looks like a real blue shirt that has either lain in the sun too long or been washed too many times.
And I like real shirt collars.
And the crest should not be on a white square.
It would be better with white stripes at the end of the sleeves (ok, I see it has them now, I was confused by the white background).
Apart from that, it's ok.

Last edited:

Otis

The crest looks like it's just been stuck on with paper glue and it does look very faded.

Gazolba

I did these last year at the end of the season ......
I think H or I with dark blue shirts would be perfect...
<snip>

View attachment 5040

Whichever shirt you choose, the sponsors logo ruins it. I don't go for diagonal stripes, they have to be vertical or horizontal (hoops). In fact the design has to be symmetrical.
I would favour a single wide blue stripe (like the Ajax strip but royal blue instead of red, with a thin sky blue stripe on each side of the wide blue stripe and across the shoulders. The shorts would be white with a sky blue stripe down each side. I wish I could produce a mock-up but I don't have the software.
We'd probably have to change our nickname to 'The Royals' and get permission from the Queen.

stupot07

I think I'm with Oakey and Shmmeee on this one. I like the solid sky blue kits, we are the sky blues after all. If it is stripes it should be with white only, I like the look f the dark and sky blue stripes but it's too dark for us. The dominant colour should be sky blue not dark blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Gazolba

<snip> we are the sky blues after all. If it is stripes it should be with white only, I<snip> The dominant colour should be sky blue not dark blue.

I don't buy this argument that just because we are called the 'Sky Blues', we have to play in sky blue. But it was very short-sighted of JH to coin that nickname.

Otis

There are a fair few nicknames that now aren't relevant I'm sure.

Were people really angry when we changed the nickname from the Bantams and changed the kit?

Have to say the plain white that preceded it wasn't the way to go either though.

Last edited:

stupot07

I don't buy this argument that just because we are called the 'Sky Blues', we have to play in sky blue. But it was very short-sighted of JH to coin that nickname.

Why? You wouldn't see Liverpool "the Reds" or Man United "The Red Devils" play in anything other than red, in fact they would never play in red and white stripes like the equivalent of Southampton's kit. Or Birmingham, Everton, Chelsea etc who are also known as "The Blue's" playing in anything other than blue, predominantly solid blue not Sheffield Wednesday-esque stripes.

Play up SKY BLUES

SKY BLUE army, SKY BLUE army

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluelee

Why? You wouldn't see Liverpool "the Reds" or Man United "The Red Devils" play in anything other than red, in fact they would never play in red and white stripes like the equivalent of Southampton's kit. Or Birmingham, Everton, Chelsea etc who are also known as "The Blue's" playing in anything other than blue, predominantly solid blue not Sheffield Wednesday-esque stripes.

Play up SKY BLUES

SKY BLUE army, SKY BLUE army

Amen to that.

Skyblueweeman

I think it's good that we can change between plain and stripes.

Keeps both camps of whingers happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Exactly Otis. Over the space of 2 or 3 years, we're all happy...what's not to like?! (unless someone's craving a polka dot number...)

That would be perect and can you just imagine 15,000 City fans blasting this one out from the stands!

[video=youtube;ICkWjdQuK7Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICkWjdQuK7Q[/video]

Gazolba

<snip> Were people really angry when we changed the nickname from the Bantams and changed the kit? <snip>
As I recall, prior to JH (and I only saw a few games before he came in), CCFC were an utterly boring mid-table side with a stupid nickname (The Bantams), so the supporters were up for any type of change. I don't recall any opposition to the change in nickname or strip. There was some pessimism in the early days that JH might be a 5-minute wonder (my father among them) but eventually he won everyone over.

Users who are viewing this thread