Next season's kit (1 Viewer)

oakey

Can I put this out there early ... next season we should be playing in Jimmy Hill's all sky blue kit, the closest design we can get to either the first one or the 67 champions one.

Can someone find and post the pictures and maybe we could start a poll on which we prefer?

George1

CreateThumbNail.jpg

I believe you mean something like the above, I would say the closest we have been in recent years was the 11-12 kit which I thought looked great

rob9872

Let's not immitate. JH was innovative and inspirational making that change. Besides we won the cup in stripes, may even get promoted in them this year, I'd like TM to choose on the way to becoming the next messiah.

pusbccfc

I think the kits this year are superb. Will be hard to better them.

lifeskyblue

Personally I prefer all sky blue but only because my first years up Highfield road were the Jimmy hill years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluekelly98

Charlton's kit this year. Replace the red with sky blue, and the white shorts with either navy or sky blue. The simpler the better. Need to keep the white off it next IMO.

skybluesam66

i would go back to the 70s and either the tram lines , or proper black collar and cuffs with sky blue kit
we will probably however continue to go off the peg Nike

Gazolba

I don't like the all sky blue. I like the stripes. My favourite is this strip with the sky blue across the shoulder and the dark blue collar:
CCFC-action-photo-Aloisi.jpg

This is a really stylish kit.

covhead1

All sky blue for me. Although I agree about the fa cup but sky blue stripes always reminds me of Sheffield Wed or even huddersfield.

Otis

All sky blue for me. Although I agree about the fa cup but sky blue stripes always reminds me of Sheffield Wed or even huddersfield.
But doesn't all sky blue just remind you of Manchester City?

We go back to all sky blue, I think we are going to come across as a cheap imitimation of them unfortunately.

Their rise to prominence seemingly makes them the only Sky Blues to the baying media and press.

The Sky blue and white at least reminds us of our glory years and gives us a sense of identity to that period.

For outsiders, they think Coventry City and many of them are going to relate to 1987!

Last edited:

Otis

We have had some very good kits over the years. I now personally don't want us looking like Man City. Shame, but they are the team who has risen to prominence and taken the Crown and become more high profile by a long chalk.

As I said before, the 70's with the Sky blue shirts and black shorts looked nice.

Otis

Just checked and a total of 40 years of our history has been playing in kits with stripes.

CCFC Germany

I love those threads every season ! 25 pages of lovely Crystal ball and in the end the kit looks completely different than everybody expected. :claping hands:

covhead1

And for 80 something years we have not.

But I get your point. At the end of the day so long as it looks ok and relates to our history I'm good.

Bring back the egg timer! Heheh

Otis

But I get your point. At the end of the day so long as it looks ok and relates to our history I'm good.

Well yep, that was my point. At lots of different points in our history we have had stripes in our kit (first dating back to 1887), so we can never say it is alien to us or not a true representation of Coventry City kit design.

As much as it pains me, I think we need to try and now not look like Man City at all.

lifeskyblue

We are The Sky Blues and we should be proud of that. It's in our song, it's our nickname and it's how many fans of other clubs see us. The picture on the second post is the kit I would like to see us in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

But also, there have been over 40 years where we haven't had plain kits either (squares or halves or different sleeves), so over 80 years of our history where we have had stripes, or squares or different sleeves etc.

I know JH brought in the Sky blue, but looking at us yesterday, we still looked very much sky blue to me.

oakey

People seem to forget we were also relegated from the top tier, after 34 years, in the striped shirt.
All sky blue was what Jimmy Hill introduced and he made the club what it is in the modern era. All sky blue is in the club's DNA now.

oakey

But doesn't all sky blue just remind you of Manchester City?

We go back to all sky blue, I think we are going to come across as a cheap imitimation of them unfortunately.

Their rise to prominence seemingly makes them the only Sky Blues to the baying media and press.

The Sky blue and white at least reminds us of our glory years and gives us a sense of identity to that period.

For outsiders, they think Coventry City and many of them are going to relate to 1987!

Manchester City were always white shorts. If you look on historical kits the wearing of blue shorts was not the norm for them, and isn't now. I can see them on my TV screen in white shorts.

Otis

Manchester City were always white shorts. If you look on historical kits the wearing of blue shorts was not the norm for them, and isn't now. I can see them on my TV screen in white shorts.
On mine they are blue.

Could be the colour is not so good though on my black and white TV.

JimmyHillsbeard

Be amazed if our kits aren't made by Avec next season rather than the Nike licensed kit made by them. The clue is the club online shop. Plenty of Avec gear but apart from the replica kits themselves the generic Nike stuff (hoodies, t shirts etc) which could be sellable next season too, are all out of stock

Users who are viewing this thread