Next Seasons Confirmed Squad/Transfer Rumours (1 Viewer)

mark82

No Bright, no McNulty, possibly no Walker, alongside the SEVEN regular first teamers from last seasons top eight team who have left, no surprise to me.

I see your a glass half full kind of guy?

Why don't we give the TEN new signings a chance before we flounce about not making any more signings (despite there still being plenty of time).

A couple of weeks ago people were saying it was great we've done most our business early. Now people are moaning we still have one or two that may still need to come in.

steve82

Why don't we give the TEN new signings a chance before we flounce about not making any more signings (despite there still being plenty of time).

A couple of weeks ago people were saying it was great we've done most our business early. Now people are moaning we still have one or two that may still need to come in.

Wait for the panic tomorrow if Liverpool u23’s put us away tonight...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theferret

No Bright, no McNulty, possibly no Walker, alongside the SEVEN regular first teamers from last seasons top eight team who have left, no surprise to me.

This isn't a dig, but haven't you been pretty vocal about not going to SA? You do accept then, that if 1-2K more people had made a commitment we might have been able to bring in an extra player or two?

Magwitch

Who is not giving them a chance, I’m not Grendel I’ll give them every chance and more, and you’ll not see me slag any player on here unlike many on here but we are replacing players good enough to help us to right and imo unlucky not to make the play offs, two good enough to be snapped up by a championship outfit, Willis by one of our main competitors, the new boys have to deliver, especially with STs two thirds down, walk up support has to be substantial.

Magwitch

This isn't a dig, but haven't you been pretty vocal about not going to SA? You do accept then, that if 1-2K more people had made a commitment we might have been able to bring in an extra player or two?
Not mentioned not going to SA at all, in fact I’m likely to go to Southend match, are you ? As for the 1-2k more making the commitment sorry that’s bollox, the short fall financially from this farce of playing at SA and who knows for how long by the way has in my opinion, fecked up MRs real plans to strengthen our squad.

shmmeee

Not mentioned not going to SA at all, in fact I’m likely to go to Southend match, are you ? As for the 1-2k more making the commitment sorry that’s bollox, the short fall financially from this farce of playing at SA and who knows for how long by the way has in my opinion, fecked up MRs real plans to strengthen our squad.

We’ve signed loads of decent players? To the point that the last conspiracy theory was that we were pinning it all on Wilson going and him staying would inevitably mean doom.

AStonesThrow

I think Kastaneer and Jobello are going to surprise a lot of teams this year. They bring something massively different to our squad to what we've had over recent years, and In my eyes they're very exciting players. Yes it would be great to sign a proven 20+ goals a season striker, but why are we so quick to write off our own. I think with them two out wide and even just Biamou up front could potentially cause some damage. Remember Biamou is an unproven force at this level, as he was in league two and surprised us all.

You might have noticed by now but I like looking back on recent football manager games at players we sign. Searched up Kastaneer on fm2017, he was at Kaiserslauten, valued at £416k. However when trying to bid for him, they wouldn't accept anything lower than £10mil due to his potential. Could be nothing, but for me, is a positive in itself

SkyBlueDom26

I think Kastaneer and Jobello are going to surprise a lot of teams this year. They bring something massively different to our squad to what we've had over recent years, and In my eyes they're very exciting players. Yes it would be great to sign a proven 20+ goals a season striker, but why are we so quick to write off our own. I think with them two out wide and even just Biamou up front could potentially cause some damage. Remember Biamou is an unproven force at this level, as he was in league two and surprised us all.

You might have noticed by now but I like looking back on recent football manager games at players we sign. Searched up Kastaneer on fm2017, he was at Kaiserslauten, valued at £416k. However when trying to bid for him, they wouldn't accept anything lower than £10mil due to his potential. Could be nothing, but for me, is a positive in itself
Deffo agree with that, a proven number 9 and a number 10 will get us into the autos though, that will be the difference

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Deffo agree with that, a proven number 9 and a number 10 will get us into the autos though, that will be the difference
This assumption that those two players will get us into the autos is worrying/laughable. If it was that simple I am sure the owners would be signing those two players almost regardless of the fee as they would reap the riches on offer from the Championship. Real football isn't FIFA/Football Manager.

theferret

Maybe I've got mixed up with someone else. I thought I remembered you saying you weren't going to SA, but obviously mistaken. Yes, will be going. Have purchased 5 season tickets, bloody kids!

I don't agree with the other point though. 2,000 extra season tickets is worth around 400K, and that will of course make a difference (some clubs in this league won't sell that many in total), not a huge one, but Robins has stressed many times that his budget will be determined to an extent by the number of people who stick with the team. So, my question (which was put to you by mistake) is really for those who have stated they have no intention of paying to watch their club play this season, while simultaneously are calling on the club to 'announce Bright' - and there are people like that.

AStonesThrow

This assumption that those two players will get us into the autos is worrying/laughable. If it was that simple I am sure the owners would be signing those two players almost regardless of the fee as they would reap the riches on offer from the Championship. Real football isn't FIFA/Football Manager.
No I do understand that, I'm just using that reference to infer what kind of potential this lad has been suggested to have. Time will tell, here's hoping he's a diamond

Magwitch

I like the look of his signings or the type of signings, apart from our fluffing chances last season I always thought we lacked physicallty which often showed itself second half, he’s signed a few big buggers this time let’s hope they come off.

Evo1883

We've added goals from midfield with allen, out wide with kastaneer, and hopefully jobello, if we started the season as we are today, I think playoffs is a reasonable expectation

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I'm not worried about this season, I'm still extremely confident of atleast a playoff spot

Same. Robins is no mug and surely part of the reason for playing 4-3-3 in pre season is so we have a different approach if we don't get Bright or we get a young, unproven no. 10 on loan who may take some time to settle into League 1. Much better to be adaptable rather than try and shoehorn players into positions that don't suit them, we've done that so many times over the years under different managers with fuck all success

Saddlebrains

I think on the whole the signings have been great, but i do want another striker. Does anyone really think hiwula baka and biamou are dangerous enough to get us goals? Im not disputing the others will chip in more, but look at Peterborough (Eisa, Toney) Sunderland (Grigg, McNulty??) Portsmouth (Hawkins) Ipswich (Norwood). Teams wanting automatic promotion have a proven goalscorer, we dont. We get one and i can see an autos push. We dont, and it could be the same as last year

Sky Blue Harry H

I like the look of his signings or the type of signings, apart from our fluffing chances last season I always thought we lacked physicallty which often showed itself second half, he’s signed a few big buggers this time let’s hope they come off.

Agree - think we will have a more physical (height) presence this season.

Great_Expectations

Signing a number 10 and striker would be the icing on the cake, however even if we don’t I’m confident of a promotion chasing season.

Hiwula will fill the striker role, and in my view he’s more than capable of doing so. Biamou is unproven, but he’s a link player so could suit a 4-3-3, with two pacey wingers outside to bring into play.

The number 10 is way more important, as other than potentially Bayliss, we have nobody who naturally fits that role. However, as been pointed out, 4-3-3 doesn’t require that type of player.

Other than Bright, our squad is by no means weaker than last year. And, 4-3-3 mitigates the loss of Bright anyway. Plus, I’m still confident he’s coming.

Magwitch

I’m not massive on a number 10 in fact I do prefer striker partnerships, big physical number 9 and a more nippy partner, we should have a number 9 with Bakayoko did it v Barnsley away so he can but no where near enough as yet. Max case of wait and see but don’t see loads of goals there to be honest.

fatso

Biamou certainly surprised me with the number of goals he scored in league 2

usskyblue

giphy.gif

Cavan O'Doherty

Is this the same bloke who is claiming on twitter that McNulty wanted to come back here but Robins wouldn't speak to him?
I don’t know, I remember him getting the yellow away kit right but he doesn’t seem the most reliable. I imagine he does have some links within the club though as he was mates with Grimmer and Davies whilst they were here.

Mr Panda

Still pretty sure Walker is happening and haven't heard anything on the contrary. Can't comment on this Dawkins guy or his claim of view to permanent. But it's possible

SBAndy

Is this the same bloke who is claiming on twitter that McNulty wanted to come back here but Robins wouldn't speak to him?

To be fair, he posted a pic of the new shirt about 2 weeks before release. Obviously well connected, though I’m sure the club would rather be keep it down.

junglej13

To be fair, he posted a pic of the new shirt about 2 weeks before release. Obviously well connected, though I’m sure the club would rather be keep it down.
Think he had a contact at Hummel rather than anything from the clubs end. Seems he was pally with Davies and Grimmer but I'm not sure of the substance of much else as concerns on field matters.

Greggs

Tobyfair, isn't that Dorkins bloke a local club promoter? Davies and Grimmer liked a swig, so i guess that's how he knew them? Attention seeking is my guess.

Liquid Gold

Nah, he posted a pic of the one made by a member on here that didn’t have the quarter style like the actual shirt. He may have known it was going to be based on our classic shirt but what he posted was complete bullshit.

block16

John dawkins seems to get most things spot on tbf. Former manager of The Enemy and mates with a lot of the players and coaches at the club. Can’t imagine he’s completely made it up as he’d look a right tit to his actual contacts. Looks like some good news coming !

SBAndy

Nah, he posted a pic of the one made by a member on here that didn’t have the quarter style like the actual shirt. He may have known it was going to be based on our classic shirt but what he posted was complete bullshit.

No, he posted an actual picture of just the top segment of the shirt, I remember it having different sized stripes and thinking “that looks horrible”. He was then told to take it down by the club iirc.

Users who are viewing this thread