Next Seasons Confirmed Squad/Transfer Rumours (2 Viewers)

higgs

That's a serious amount of grub to be eating in pre season
d6b34c8f885b2adffd04fac16d3bc8c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

That's a serious amount of grub to be eating in pre season
d6b34c8f885b2adffd04fac16d3bc8c8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Its not for McNulty it's for Steve Evans, probably means he is going to join Gillingham :(

shmmeee

Are we convinced McNulty can do it in L1? His prior record isn’t great and he’s only really scored goals for half a season for us in L2 and in Scotland.

Corrado

Are we convinced McNulty can do it in L1? His prior record isn’t great and he’s only really scored goals for half a season for us in L2 and in Scotland.
Is there really much of a difference to scoring in league 1 to league 2?
It’s not like we are talking a jump from league 2 to the prem.

KeresleyArmpit

If the absolute maximum we could offer was 4K pw to Willis, I doubt McNulty will be willing to take less than half his current wage, if he is on 10k pw as reported.

I think he’d produce in league one, as the post above says the step isn’t huge from league two, but the step up to championship is. I think Sunderland are the only ones in this league who could finance a move.

I highly doubt Robins would be trying to sign McNulty anyway. Completely sacrificing the 433/4231 to accommodate 1 player in a 442, McNulty can’t play up top on his own.

Last edited:

Pete in Portugal

I dunno, yes he didn't work out last season but he wasn't fit.

All depends if he has done a full preseason

He's only 30 so shouldn't be totally written off. Bit of a crap injury record but he has made 180+ games in the top two devisons that good experience

Meyler has had an operation to fix his shoulder. If successful, he might be worth considering - depending on his willingness to take a wages cut.

Liquid Gold

Why I wanted them up last year, they were always going to build a squad better than anyone else was able to. I think the top would have been a lot more open if we still had Luton and Charlton instead of Sunderland and Pompey.

SAFC73

What's McNulty like then? Not seen much of him at all, and just seems very similar to Grigg so find it odd. Does he have any sort of pace?

vow

What's McNulty like then? Not seen much of him at all, and just seems very similar to Grigg so find it odd. Does he have any sort of pace?
No idea what Grigg is like, but McNulty has great movement, football brain and knows where the net is.....when confident.

coop

No pace as such and took a while to get going.I think he should of stayed with us for one more year but money talks.Will definitely score you a fair few goals something we look like struggling to do again this season but 5 against you lot will do..

SAFC73

No idea what Grigg is like, but McNulty has great movement, football brain and knows where the net is.....when confident.
Does he come deep and link up play? Think that's what we missed a lot when Maja left. Grigg's more a poacher and doesn't seem too suited to our 'style'.

vow

Does he come deep and link up play? Think that's what we missed a lot when Maja left. Grigg's more a poacher and doesn't seem too suited to our 'style'.
Pretty much, yeah.

fernandopartridge

Yes, he's excellent at that imo, look at the goals in our play off games season before last for him taking the ball and bringing others into play. He's a great signing for you I think.

Magwitch

No Bright, no McNulty, possibly no Walker, alongside the SEVEN regular first teamers from last seasons top eight team who have left, no surprise to me.

SAFC73

Yes, he's excellent at that imo, look at the goals in our play off games season before last for him taking the ball and bringing others into play. He's a great signing for you I think.
Very interesting - cheers! Will take a look at the play off games. Why do you think he struggled/failed at Reading?

cooperskyblue

No Bright, no McNulty, possibly no Walker, alongside the SEVEN regular first teamers from last seasons top eight team who have left, no surprise to me.

But we want to improve on that 8th place finish and I think most people would have said from those regular starters:
Burge needed replacing and upgrading
Sterling was a loan and we've added a permanent signing
Willis is a loss but with McFazdean and Rose CB was the least of our worries
Thomas was a loan and again we've brought in 2 permanent wingers who I'm quite excited about
Chaplin was a starter last year but I don't think he was starting this year
Bright ofcourse was brilliant and still hope we can get him, but the formation we've been playing at the moment wouldn't suit him. We've brought in Allen who looks like he will be a class signing.

Can't think of the 7th starter you're talking about, but apart from Bright I don't think we are weaker in any area last season and with the addition of Allen we are stronger in CM than last year considerably. I believe Jobello is going to pleasantly surprise us and other teams this season.

mark82

Very interesting - cheers! Will take a look at the play off games. Why do you think he struggled/failed at Reading?

He seems to do better playing up with a partner. It's a big step up from league 2 to Championship, and they didn't really give him time (or games) to adjust. Unproven at league one level, but if you play to his strengths could be a good signing.

fernandopartridge

No idea tbh. One thing I thought about him when he was here was that he clearly got fitter as he played more games. If he's not played for a while he looks a bit heavier and less sharp, so he needs a good run in the side to bed in.

Users who are viewing this thread