Next Protest (3 Viewers)

letsallsingtogether

it ill be CCFC who pay it. You might be ok with that, and I could fully understand why, but it wont be SISU who pay
That 30,000 could get us a top defender then again Nar why pay when you can get them free.

torchomatic

I'm also at a point now aswell where it's "fuck the points deduction"! If we keep getting nice big hefty fines for SISU it suits me just fine. Besides, a league 2 club of our size would be much cheaper for potential buyers too!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

SISU won't be paying a fine. Coventry City will.

Kingokings204

It has to be stopping the game as it affects who notices. Charlton do tennis balls and taxis. They don't enter the pitch.

The game stops for 10 mins and the point is made. It pisses everyone off and then on to the game.

The problem is the protests aren't working for us or charlton. Both sets of owners are still here but I guess it's the constant protests that will work in the end. You heard fisher he didn't like the protest Thursday so if he didn't like it then do it it again surely? Yes the club get fined and what have you but when you have got nothing you have got nothing to lose.

torchomatic

That's correct but there is no other option. The Thursday protest worked. It served its purpose.

Filling the ground isn't going to happen

I'm not saying there is. But I think it is important to dispel the myth that SISU will be financially affected by pitch invasions. Won't make any difference to them.

torchomatic

Have Charlton been fined yet for getting games stopped? I can't see that they have, despite the threat.

There wasn't a pitch invasion though, was there? Were the players taken off the pitch?

AStonesThrow

I liked the idea of us keeping the balls. Every time the ball goes into the crowd just keep it.

Surely they'll run out of balls soon enough.

Bit like that Fisher prick really

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Rusty Trombone

Pretty sure there was a definite threat of points deductions if they stopped a game again, and then they stopped a game again.

dadgad

Won't make any difference to them.

My opinion is that the constant drip of bad publicity clearly reflects on the awful owners and mismanagement of a decent club with
huge, unrealised potential.
Additionally it flags up our cause, keeps us in the public eye AND may stimulate interest among an investor as it continually feeds in to the narrative that almost anybody could do a better job.

Paxman II

I'm also at a point now aswell where it's "fuck the points deduction"! If we keep getting nice big hefty fines for SISU it suits me just fine. Besides, a league 2 club of our size would be much cheaper for potential buyers too!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
You have blinkers on. Can you explain to me what is hoped to be achieved by these types of protest being suggested? The actual goal you set yourself? Because if it's to get rid of SISU regardless of all outcomes as a good thing then you need to get a little perspective of our current situation.

Terry Gibson's perm

I liked the idea of us keeping the balls. Every time the ball goes into the crowd just keep it.

Surely they'll run out of balls soon enough.

Bit like that Fisher prick really

We should throw stuff on the pitch when the opposition are attacking as it stops the play.

Paxman II

My opinion is that the constant drip of bad publicity clearly reflects on the awful owners and mismanagement of a decent club with
huge, unrealised potential.
Additionally it flags up our cause, keeps us in the public eye AND may stimulate interest among an investor as it continually feeds in to the narrative that almost anybody could do a better job.
That's delusional.

torchomatic

AStonesThrow

We should throw stuff on the pitch when the opposition are attacking as it stops the play.
But that completely avoids the point of the protest. We're protesting against SISU and the mismanagement of the club, not the opposition. That would only be a surefire way to generate more hate for our club than just those Sheffield utd fans

Paxman II

It has to be stopping the game as it affects who notices. Charlton do tennis balls and taxis. They don't enter the pitch.

The game stops for 10 mins and the point is made. It pisses everyone off and then on to the game.

The problem is the protests aren't working for us or charlton. Both sets of owners are still here but I guess it's the constant protests that will work in the end. You heard fisher he didn't like the protest Thursday so if he didn't like it then do it it again surely? Yes the club get fined and what have you but when you have got nothing you have got nothing to lose.
There's everything to lose...what's the end game?

torchomatic

But that completely avoids the point of the protest. We're protesting against SISU and the mismanagement of the club, not the opposition. That would only be a surefire way to generate more hate for our club than just those Sheffield utd fans

And how does your points deduction idea stack up? That's going to hurt SISU, is it?

Terry Gibson's perm

It would be good if the trust got in touch with other trusts to ask their boards not to buy our players in January as Fisher has no other way of balancing the books than to sell.

Would also be nice if bats or a rare newt were found at Ryton so that planning permission would be rejected.

Terry Gibson's perm

Sorry missed off the winky thing

AStonesThrow

And how does your points deduction idea stack up? That's going to hurt SISU, is it?
There has to be a way to make SISU realise that they can't bleed us for anything more though. We can't exactly buy them out so what's next? We have to make them leave

torchomatic

There has to be a way to make SISU realise that they can't bleed us for anything more though. We can't exactly buy them out so what's next? We have to make them leave

They've washed their hands of the club, we run ourselves, so points deductions are going to hurt CCFC not SISU. Surely, you wouldn't want that?

Irish Sky Blue

On another thread I suggested a mass attendance at a neutral game. Confuse the hell out of the other attendees, whilst attracting loads of publicity from the media.

I know some would not like this simply because it is Wasps, however it was suggested at a Trust open meeting that as many City fans as possible attend a televised Wasps match and make a constant noise with pro City and anti Sisu chants, maybe even whistles. Apparently there isn't much chanting at Wasps games so it would really stand out with a constant noise.it wouldn't really disrupt their game but would be another publicity grabbing event.

AStonesThrow

They've washed their hands of the club, we run ourselves, so points deductions are going to hurt CCFC not SISU. Surely, you wouldn't want that?
I completely get what you're saying. I just think that, along with many other cov fans who have grown up supporting this team, I feel like we're losing grip of our club. Nobody wants to see us lose CCFC the same way that others have gone

AStonesThrow

Is anyone else thinking this beach ball idea might work?
And if it goes ahead, where do we get the beach balls and how do we distribute?

dadgad

...it would also be useful if we get behind our boys, ignore SISU and pray we get a decent manager quickly!

Based on all available evidence that has been futile.....and you think I'm being 'delusional'!

What HAS changed is the emerging strength behind a unified protest which seems to be something we can all get behind and develop.

Terry Gibson's perm

Is anyone else thinking this beach ball idea might work?
And if it goes ahead, where do we get the beach balls and how do we distribute?

Somebody would have to blow mine up as I would get out of puff;)

jabharty

Didn't Fisher say that SISU aren't worrying about us since we're 'self-sufficient' now? Well, maybe we need to make the club haemorrhage money so that they either invest or go. SISU will not take us off their investments if we're not costing them anything.
There is a core 5-6k who will not stop going, so the NOPM drive won't work. It's unpopular with some but maybe constant fines and points deductions are the way to get them to leave. Either they leave or it just accelerates our inevitable demise under this ownership.
I'd say the invasion threat in itself is a powerful thing, it surely triples the policing/stewarding costs that the club need to pay. Having people threatening to enter the field from all blocks and both stands will make their costs massive.

SISU will be affected by fines. It just has to be enough to get through this surplus we're supposedly running. Make fan action an operating cost, Villa got £200k fine for one invasion, imagine even just £50-100k every other week.
And about this myth that it'll make us unattractive to buyers, ffs even Beitar Jerusalem found new owners after everything their fans did. There might well not be anyone who wants to take us on, but surely we have to try and find out?

Users who are viewing this thread