Next Protest (1 Viewer)

dadgad

Given the almost unanimous support for what occurred on Thursday night and the widespread publicity that it earned should we use the momentum and continue with this emboldening sense of unity?
PUSB

theferret

The gate for the next game will be up on what it has been, simply by virtue of the fact it is our only home fixture over the Christmas period. I am talking relatively of course, it will hardly break any records, but it is likely to be over 10,000 - so calling for a boycott wouldn't make any sense because the published gate would not reflect that. I think the tennis ball idea would work. Do it in the first minute, get it over with, and some good photo ops and publicity will come.

Paxman II

I'm all for protest but it must have an impact. Just protesting by a walking out demonstration proves and means nothing to these people. What is it you expect SISU to do? Don't just say 'walk away' because that's no answer to our plight.
A proper targeted protest needs to be formulated.

The reality is we want new owners who will invest. OK so how is that achievable from where we stand?

Marty

I agree but I think we need to do something away at Bristol Rovers. Ballons and tennis ball maybe?

CCFC54321

You can get maximum attention by getting the game stopped/delayed/abandoned.

Every home match that there is reports by the national media referring to demonstrations against SISU will effect seppallas business.

SISU brought CCFC to its knees time for CCFC to bring SISU to its knees while we're still here.

Sky Blue Harry H

On another thread I suggested a mass attendance at a neutral game. Confuse the hell out of the other attendees, whilst attracting loads of publicity from the media.

AStonesThrow

Beach balls with "new year, new owners" penned on at the Bolton game?
At least it will be more amusing watching the ref trying to pop those

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

As I 100% absolutely hate what has happened to our club, I don't think protesting is the way forward. If we protest or don't put bums on seats then nothing will get better. We are over a barrel...if we don't put money in then the club will fold, they won't need to spend money on new ground or training ground and they cut their losses with a housing development to make up some of what they have lost. If we go to games put money in and they will have to keep the club going. They will have to negotiate on a new stadium either lease or new build. If they don't then surely the FA will have to get involved. Im sure this post will piss alot of people off but its the way it is.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

torchomatic

Im sure this post will piss alot of people off but its the way it is.

You said it. The whole "go to games" idea isn't a popular one.

skybluesham

Get as many yo the game against bolton as poss and spend the whole first half making as much noise as we can about our sahut owners ,, come half time everyone goes and stands in the concourse for 10 mins ,,

ccfcway

Get as many yo the game against bolton as poss and spend the whole first half making as much noise as we can about our sahut owners ,, come half time everyone goes and stands in the concourse for 10 mins ,,

I like it, but sadly its not going to happen. Those gone are not going to pay to come back and not watch the game. In the same way, most still here are not going to boycott a game.

Evo1883

I Suggested supporters from singers corner and wherever to be honest , purchase (just for 1 game ) tickets and pack out the 2-3 blocks in the lloyds pharmacy stand by where Tim fisher etc sit .
That would lead to an extremely uncomfortable 90 minutes for him

ccfcway

I Suggested supporters from singers corner and wherever to be honest , purchase (just for 1 game ) tickets and pack out the 2-3 blocks in the lloyds pharmacy stand by where Tim fisher etc sit .
That would lead to an extremely uncomfortable 90 minutes for him

and the place would look empty

Evo1883

and the place would look empty
It was more so we could get up close and personal with mr fisher and sing throughout the match and make our feelings known , but yes it would lead to an empty corner section of the stadium

How about a positive protest! Show them Who we are every game let everyone know that we are Coventry City not SISU and not Tim Tosser. If you wanna buy something you want something that works not broken and we are broken its a civil war. The fans are the club. After every game sit in chant until we have to be moved. It will still get publicity because its different.

AStonesThrow

Would it be a bad idea for one of us to post on the Gas forum, asking if they would cooperate with a peaceful protest? See if they have any ideas?

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Inflatables, balloons, tennis balls anything which attracts the media. I think a lot of media outlets will have journalists at the Bolton match.

covman

As I 100% absolutely hate what has happened to our club, I don't think protesting is the way forward. If we protest or don't put bums on seats then nothing will get better. We are over a barrel...if we don't put money in then the club will fold, they won't need to spend money on new ground or training ground and they cut their losses with a housing development to make up some of what they have lost. If we go to games put money in and they will have to keep the club going. They will have to negotiate on a new stadium either lease or new build. If they don't then surely the FA will have to get involved. Im sure this post will piss alot of people off but its the way it is.

I suppose it depends on whether you trust SISU to take this club forward or not. When SISU arrived they had an undamaged reputation (to many, saviours), the economy was good, they had a large chunk of money to use,they had a lot bigger income from atendances and they had a half decent team. Did they take the club forward from that position? No.

The job they face now in comparison to when they arrived is far far harder. They dramatically failed then and I don't think an extra 5000 people per game is going to make the slightest bit of difference to their plight. I hate to break it to you but the only way to get rid of them is to play as dirty as they have.

I suppose it depends on whether you trust SISU to take this club forward or not. When SISU arrived they had an undamaged reputation (to many, saviours), the economy was good, they had a large chunk of money to use,they had a lot bigger income from atendances and they had a half decent team. Did they take the club forward from that position? No.

The job they face now in comparison to when they arrived is far far harder. They dramatically failed then and I don't think an extra 5000 people per game is going to make the slightest bit of difference to their plight. I hate to break it to you but the only way to get rid of them is to play as dirty as they have.
So we are going down the road of two wrongs make a right......I'm sure that will work. We criticise when we were run into the ground financially now we are breaking even we take away any funds no its not our fault but we have to play a part.

You have 2 choices get behind the team or get lost there is NO middle ground with this.

pastythegreat

You can get maximum attention by getting the game stopped/delayed/abandoned.

Every home match that there is reports by the national media referring to demonstrations against SISU will effect seppallas business.

SISU brought CCFC to its knees time for CCFC to bring SISU to its knees while we're still here.
I'm also at a point now aswell where it's "fuck the points deduction"! If we keep getting nice big hefty fines for SISU it suits me just fine. Besides, a league 2 club of our size would be much cheaper for potential buyers too!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

rupert_bear

Don't think we should do anything pitch related done it twice now if we include the pig thing at Charlton, as someone on here has said fill the Lloyds stand to the rafters. Then gear up for MK Dons away in March we need thousands there

letsallsingtogether

You said it. The whole "go to games" idea isn't a popular one.
This idea has been put forward but how do you get people to go if they don't want too.
It is a impossible thing to organise as is a mass non attendance, how do you stop people going in if they really want to.

Maybe we could start by shanghaing people at Tescos and dragging them to the Ricoh.
Or erecting a 20 foot high fence around the Ricoh, Mexican style could get Donald Trump to help us with this.

torchomatic

This idea has been put forward but how do you get people to go if they don't want too.
It is a impossible thing to organise as is a mass non attendance, how do you stop people going in if they really want to.

Maybe we could start by shanghaing people at Tescos and dragging them to the Ricoh.
Or erecting a 20 foot high fence around the Ricoh, Mexican style could get Donald Trump to help us with this.

I can't argue with you and I'm not going to. Ideally people would pack the place out but I know it won't happen.

Terry Gibson's perm

Don't think we should do anything pitch related done it twice now if we include the pig thing at Charlton, as someone on here has said fill the Lloyds stand to the rafters. Then gear up for MK Dons away in March we need thousands there

I think we should go the opposite and nobody goes to the franchise team and we take thousands to another ground instead.

dadgad

Pitch invasion on the final whistle followed by a sit down protest on the pitch.

Whatever is decided there is now a sense of unity which demonstrates our passion for the club and community. Ultimately we will win and get our club back, stick together and this will happen sooner rather than later.
PUSB

ccfcway

I'm also at a point now aswell where it's "fuck the points deduction"! If we keep getting nice big hefty fines for SISU it suits me just fine.

it ill be CCFC who pay it. You might be ok with that, and I could fully understand why, but it wont be SISU who pay

letsallsingtogether

I can't argue with you and I'm not going to. Ideally people would pack the place out but I know it won't happen.
I would love to see the ground full and everyone showing them what could be.
It could also be the loudest protest going so double waming.
could invest in 30,000 whistles and also break a world record, might need earplugs as well.:)

Users who are viewing this thread