Next Protest (2 Viewers)

dadgad

Didn't Fisher say that SISU aren't worrying about us since we're 'self-sufficient' now? Well, maybe we need to make the club haemorrhage money so that they either invest or go. SISU will not take us off their investments if we're not costing them anything.
There is a core 5-6k who will not stop going, so the NOPM drive won't work. It's unpopular with some but maybe constant fines and points deductions are the way to get them to leave. Either they leave or it just accelerates our inevitable demise under this ownership.
I'd say the invasion threat in itself is a powerful thing, it surely triples the policing/stewarding costs that the club need to pay. Having people threatening to enter the field from all blocks and both stands will make their costs massive.

SISU will be affected by fines. It just has to be enough to get through this surplus we're supposedly running. Make fan action an operating cost, Villa got £200k fine for one invasion, imagine even just £50-100k every other week.
And about this myth that it'll make us unattractive to buyers, ffs even Beitar Jerusalem found new owners after everything their fans did. There might well not be anyone who wants to take us on, but surely we have to try and find out?

THIS....

Irish Sky Blue

I thought that the movement of people from the seats high up in the stadium down to the front on Thursday night was very dramatic and really gave the impression that something was about to happen. Similarly when people started to move into the Telegraph stand the excitement and expectation levels went up. Gave the impression of fans on the move. I don't know if this could be incorporated into some sort of protest.

Warwickhunt

Didn't Fisher say that SISU aren't worrying about us since we're 'self-sufficient' now? Well, maybe we need to make the club haemorrhage money so that they either invest or go. SISU will not take us off their investments if we're not costing them anything.
There is a core 5-6k who will not stop going, so the NOPM drive won't work. It's unpopular with some but maybe constant fines and points deductions are the way to get them to leave. Either they leave or it just accelerates our inevitable demise under this ownership.
I'd say the invasion threat in itself is a powerful thing, it surely triples the policing/stewarding costs that the club need to pay. Having people threatening to enter the field from all blocks and both stands will make their costs massive.

SISU will be affected by fines. It just has to be enough to get through this surplus we're supposedly running. Make fan action an operating cost, Villa got £200k fine for one invasion, imagine even just £50-100k every other week.
And about this myth that it'll make us unattractive to buyers, ffs even Beitar Jerusalem found new owners after everything their fans did. There might well not be anyone who wants to take us on, but surely we have to try and find out?
I find this quite disturbing that you could even suggest the like! The FA would pull the golden certificate and we would be an Acrinton Stanley with a load of fans with criminal records

stupot07

You heard fisher he didn't like the protest Thursday so if he didn't like it then do it it again surely? Yes the club get fined and what have you but when you have got nothing you have got nothing to lose.

Are you volunteering to be a pitch invader and getting a banning order and criminal record?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AStonesThrow

I thought that the movement of people from the seats high up in the stadium down to the front on Thursday night was very dramatic and really gave the impression that something was about to happen. Similarly when people started to move into the Telegraph stand the excitement and expectation levels went up. Gave the impression of fans on the move. I don't know if this could be incorporated into some sort of protest.
Yeah I completely agree. How about the fans from block 14 just marching across the stands with people joining as they go, a snowball effect as such. It could result in 2000 people marching towards fishers end, let's really see him shit himself

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

It created panic amongst the hopeless police and stewards as they didn't know where to go, being new near to the pitch made it far more hostile

Irish Sky Blue

We need all the support we can get right now. Pissing off other clubs is not the way forward

Don't think any disruptive protest there would be planned. More a case of showing the sort of support new owners could expect if they got things right. The 7000 who turned up 2 or 3 years ago was a really impressive turn out.

stupot07

Did you go on the pitch on Thursday? Are you another one volunteering for a banning order and criminal record?

AStonesThrow

Don't think any disruptive protest there would be planned. More a case of showing the sort of support new owners could expect if they got things right. The 7000 who turned up 2 or 3 years ago was a really impressive turn out.
What are the away ticket prices like at their ground?

SkyBlue_Bear83

I like the beach ball idea, would look good visually.

How about next match beach balls on the pitch to disrupt the match, and then at the end of the match those who want to participate refuse the leave the stadium at full time to continue protests, if we could get say 1000-2000 that won't leave it would get attention.

They won't be able to lock up the premises till everyone leaves and stewards and police and others won't be able to go leave and will ruffle feathers.

A lot of people go on about apathy from cov fans but I think the last match showed their is still passion and fight from the fans, what we've lacked is leadership and direction. If we can get those two things the rest will follow.

No one has to invade the pitch

AStonesThrow

I like the beach ball idea, would look good visually.

How about next match beach balls on the pitch to disrupt the match, and then at the end of the match those who want to participate refuse the leave the stadium at full time to continue protests, if we could get say 1000-2000 that won't leave it would get attention.

They won't be able to lock up the premises till everyone leaves and stewards and police and others won't be able to go leave and will ruffle feathers.

A lot of people go on about apathy from cov fans but I think the last match showed their is still passion and fight from the fans, what we've lacked is leadership and direction. If we can get those two things the rest will follow.
Can I just claim credit for the beach ball idea

Absolutely agree with your point. It's time for change, to stand up and be noticed.

No more Joy for Seppala

johnb

If 40,000 of us ever get to Wembley in that crappy cup competition we are still in, we could make the Scotland invasion of the pitch look like a kiddies tea party. I mean we all hate Sisu and fish face even more than the Scottish hate the English. If we get knocked out in the mean time MK away will suffice.

jabharty

Did you go on the pitch on Thursday? Are you another one volunteering for a banning order and criminal record?

I find this quite disturbing that you could even suggest the like! The FA would pull the golden certificate and we would be an Acrinton Stanley with a load of fans with criminal records

Christ. I said nothing about us invading every week, I talk about the 'threat' and receiving fines. We could well receive fines if we disturb games through other means that don't violate any laws, especially if they happen on a regular basis and cause a lengthy delay.
And for the record, only 5 people were given any penalty for disturbances when Blackpool got their game abandoned. Those people were the ones who tried to break the glass to get to Oyston. But believe me, if every single person went onto our pitch and got an important mid-season game called off, it would reverberate around the country. I'd like to see them try to give everyone in the ground a banning order.
We have two choices: go down fighting, or just hope things get better and find that the downward spiral we're in doesn't stop.

pastythegreat

You have blinkers on. Can you explain to me what is hoped to be achieved by these types of protest being suggested? The actual goal you set yourself? Because if it's to get rid of SISU regardless of all outcomes as a good thing then you need to get a little perspective of our current situation.
Their is NO perspective in our current situation!! Blinkers or not, Fisher was pissed off with the fans and the protests on Thursday! We've put a chink in his armour! We HAVE to keep the pressure on! Why wait till the dust has settled? If SISU stay, within years, we'll have no fans, no training ground, no stadium, no academy, no hope! They will sell and sell til there is nothing left to sell! Regardless of fines or not! Once there is nothing left to sell then they turn to the investors money and 'profits' as Tim Fisher likes to call it from us 'customers'. Surely fine after fine, will yes, hurt CCFC short term, but long term all the investors monies will be short coming as there is no return on no fans and shit fines!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

Fisher might keep telling us SISU can afford to leave CCFC to run itself and therefore protests against them at this time are fruitless. He is talking rubbish of course if we keep chanting to get them out, have banners with SISU and seppala on them then the media will keep talking about their mismanagement. That couples to fines, more bad publicity in the courts etc must undermine their other ventures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I'm also at a point now aswell where it's "fuck the points deduction"! If we keep getting nice big hefty fines for SISU it suits me just fine. Besides, a league 2 club of our size would be much cheaper for potential buyers too!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

The fines aren't for sisu.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
How about a protest whereby at a given time everyone stands up, turns around with their backs to the game for at least 10 minutes, whistling and chanting and just making a noise. This would give the message "We are not prepared to watch this shit any more!" I dunno. Just a thought..........

steve82

I think the whistles were a great idea, surely if the players cannot hear the refs whistle it makes it hard for the game to carry on. Ref would need to pause the game... Would need to check the rules to see if there is anything.....
if we had twice as many whistles as Thursday, surely it would work a treat! If it means delaying the game to finish later it would be covered on soccer Saturday... bbc's full time.
This is a peaceful protest... so to speak... no one needs to encroach the playing area, no life bans issued so more people likely to join in. Again we raise the issues surrounding our owners.

Astute

As I 100% absolutely hate what has happened to our club, I don't think protesting is the way forward. If we protest or don't put bums on seats then nothing will get better.

We had attendances over what they said was the break even last season. So they changed the break even level by thousands :mad:

Grendel

We had attendances over what they said was the break even last season. So they changed the break even level by thousands :mad:

They can't change the figures. The point is the revenue was not meeting the player budget cap and the calculation is lodged with the football league.

Astute

They can't change the figures. The point is the revenue was not meeting the player budget cap and the calculation is lodged with the football league.

So they didn't change them last season?

Users who are viewing this thread