Next Protest (1 Viewer)

Grendel

So they didn't change them last season?

What they did was submit a projected earnings level which set the FL budget cap. They calculated it at a figure they assumed would be generated by 11,000 supporters.

11,000 supporters means nothing, they could all pay one pound or £20 so someone miscalculated the supporter mix.

The consequence of this was clearly an issue both in financial terms (hence a significant operating loss) and in terms of the 60% rule. This had to be the overriding factor in the Madisson sale.

The other clear thing that is the main reason for the club needing to sell players is not break even issues but to remain cash neutral all the time. Impossible I would say without selling players every January.

skybluesam66

grendel you are wrong - we were well within the budget cap - but not necessarily break even according to the club - hence the new break even
then we were +1million - and yet the playing budget year on year is clearly reduced
poor decisions in ticket pricing aswell as failing to invest in a team show continued incompetence and disinterest in the football side of things

Grendel

grendel you are wrong - we were well within the budget cap - but not necessarily break even according to the club - hence the new break even
then we were +1million - and yet the playing budget year on year is clearly reduced
poor decisions in ticket pricing aswell as failing to invest in a team show continued incompetence and disinterest in the football side of things

If that was the case then why did sisu have to provide an interim loan to the club?

skybluesam66

as i mentioned overall cash flow - not the FL wages cap . the +1million was post maddison, hence the need for the loan before that

Grendel

as i mentioned overall cash flow - not the FL wages cap . the +1million was post maddison, hence the need for the loan before that

I agree that cash flow was an issue as referred to in my post but I'd be amazed if the salary cap related to revenue was not being exceeded without the cash injection - especially as the club added seven players to the wage bill in January.

I also agree this was incompetence - the calculation should have been relatively straightforward to get right

skybluesam66

otherwise we wouldnt have added to the squad - has beens or not - we were ok on the 60%
Revenue is around 5m 60% 3m. Fisher confirmed we were well below 3m on wages and that includes those outside of the calculation, we are well witihin the 60% of in scope players

chiefdave

We had attendances over what they said was the break even last season. So they changed the break even level by thousands :mad:
To be accurate they would need to get a £ figure per game not an attendance. The problem last season appears to be that substantial discounts on ST and match packages caused a bigger drop than expected in the average ticket price. When that happens you need more people at the lower average to reach the same £ figure.

skybluesam66

what the club fail to realise is there are 2 ways to break even
1 continually disinvest and become smaller and smaller or
2 slowly invest and build

AngryAnt

How about the next match at the Ricoh, when the match is over all fans refuse to leave the stadium.

I'd second this. You can't really invade the pitch every game (or every few). We'll lose the sympathy of the media and other fans.

Refusing to leave after the game for an hour or so would gain attention on 5live and the likes (during the sports report about how fans are 'still in the stadium and refusing to leave').

Plus if posted on other forums, we might gain support from away fans willing to stay too.

letsallsingtogether

If that was the case then why did sisu have to provide an interim loan to the club?
Who said this and who actually eleven the person that said this you really are gullible.
For a company that deals with financial issues every day don't you find this unbelievable?
Or are they completely useless at everything?

Astute

To be accurate they would need to get a £ figure per game not an attendance. The problem last season appears to be that substantial discounts on ST and match packages caused a bigger drop than expected in the average ticket price. When that happens you need more people at the lower average to reach the same £ figure.
I know that I am not supposed to believe a word that Fisher says. But how were they so far out and now he says that they made a profit of 1m now?

And if I am not allowed to believe him then the difference on attendances are not true

Chipfat

I don't see how filling the Ricoh would encourage potential new owners or push Sisu to sell. Any potential owners already know the club's history and unless they are blind know the size of the city and fan base. If they don't they should not be looking at a football club or the business.

Supporting the boys does not help just prolongs the pain that the remaining fans will suffer. TF made it very clear he does not care what league or standard we are at as long as we earn more than spend Sisu (he)will hang on.

The protest Thursday worked and if you think it didn't hurt Sisu why was TF on national radio claiming to be victims, this hurt them and he no matter what he says is a part of Sisu. All those who are staying away slowly but surely it's having an effect and creating problems for our owners.

To keep this up the FL need to be brought in to act, maybe sending ST to the FL offices stating without change of ownership no renews or turning up to the ground will happen. Now I know what that means in regards to the team but sooner or later the FL will react on 2 things fans walking away and a club struggling to complete fixtures. If paying players becomes a problem the FL will definitely step in as both the two things they care about will be effected.

It's hard and it's not nice to think you are killing something you love but sadly that is already out of our hands and something we are not guilty of. Sisu have already killed it we just have to except it and try to end the mess and try to pick up what is left.

Last edited:

chiefdave

I know that I am not supposed to believe a word that Fisher says. But how were they so far out and now he says that they made a profit of 1m now?
It was Waggot that messed it up wasn't it? Problem is we don't know how far out it was. What was the average paid per person last season? You'd need that figure and then multiply it by the difference between the earlier and later break even figures and then multiply the result of that by the number of home games remaining when the figure changed. The figure you end up with probably won't be millions out, more likely something in the region of £400K.

You also have to be distinct between budget, actual spend, cashflow and profits before and after tax & interest. That £1m profit could easily be wiped out by the time tax and interest are taken into account.

Astute

It was Waggot that messed it up wasn't it? Problem is we don't know how far out it was. What was the average paid per person last season? You'd need that figure and then multiply it by the difference between the earlier and later break even figures and then multiply the result of that by the number of home games remaining when the figure changed. The figure you end up with probably won't be millions out, more likely something in the region of £400K.

You also have to be distinct between budget, actual spend, cashflow and profits before and after tax & interest. That £1m profit could easily be wiped out by the time tax and interest are taken into account.
Is that the interest that you say we don't pay?

So we made 1m profit. Player sales are included in income that can be used for player budget.

What I am saying is that Fisher seems to have contradicted himself. Either the break even figure was changed so we didn't strengthen in January like we needed or he is lying about the profit.

Kingokings204

Are you volunteering to be a pitch invader and getting a banning order and criminal record?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not really I'm just stating that fisher clearly didn't like Thursday so if that's the case keep doing what the prick hates. If we all agree we aren't entering the pitch then we need tennis balls to stop the game and then us fans shoving banners in fishers face from the stands.

Kingokings204

I know it's not plausible but if no one attended the matches sisu would go. I have no doubts whatsoever. Many will say what proof do you have but it's quite obvious but I concede not practical. Fans are stopping going anyway.

To me it's the same posters who say filling the Ricoh makes sisu more likely to go. How? If they are happy and not going now because we make a profit and break even then they certainly aren't going with more money into the club and more money to pocket or waste. It's just delusional.

The answer is a simple one to get sisu to go and that's cut the source of their being here. Cut the income or money and then won't hang around. It's very simple in theory just not practical.

Paxman II

What's to lose by chucking tennis balls on the pitch? It might seem not enough but it's about pressure over time. In the end sisu will go sod this it isn't worth it.

Yes but no one is answering my points in this thread. What is your end game? What outcome are you protesting for and hoping to achieve by it?
All I'm hearing is "lets make a protest". What is the goal? Come on lets hear it. What's the plan? You believe it will make SISU go? Anyone would think there were white knights waiting to ride in and rescue us!

Astute

Just about all football clubs get taken over when the last owner has had enough. The problem is that SISU are after a big payday. That will stop just about anyone from taking our club over.

AngryAnt

After listening to the talksport 'interview' (basically just as pathetic as the C&W one), it reminded me that these two phone in's since, both have had the lines jammed. That could just be the presenters trying to drum up support, but as someone who can vaugely remember the prem and listening to 606 on the way home from matches, even back then we never used to get many callers, perhaps its time we started to change that and phone up more and more to 5live & TalkSport, make sure that the protest isn't forgotten about and fading away because of the latest man u striker having a hair cut?

The more we keep the media on our side and talking about SISU, the more SISU will hate it as their image is being dragged through the mud and while they claim to want to get money back, sooner or later they'll rather have their image out of the public eye.

Otis

With Fisher clearly trying to deflect the blame on the fans, on thing is very, very clear. With every message it must be a 'hate Sisu/love Coventry City' theme.

He is trying to shift the emphasis on to the fans and say it is our fault and almost paint a picture of us being against Coventry City.

We have to make it crystal clear that we love our football club and this is only the owners we are after and have a problem with.

Instead of just Sisu Out banners, I think a wave of 'Love City /Hate Sisu regalia would be much more positive. Just 'Sisu Out' could be deemed as rather negative and I think that was the picture Fisher was trying to paint.

Let's make sure any protest also has a positive message behind it too.

Otis

And on a positive note, maybe it might be a good idea for protestors to turn at the Ricoh early in order to be there when players arrive at the ground for games.

Have all the Sisu out flags and banners there with them, but also be there to greet the players, shake hands, tell them how much we back the club and that this is not about them etc.

Almost an apology in advance to them. Just to let them know what it is happening and going to happen, but that we as the fans back the team and our football club.

Perhaps some won't care a single hoot, but just the encouragement as they arrive in itself could be a good thing.

I did like the idea on Thursday that a couple of the protestors did try and shake the stewards hands upon leaving the pitch. It just tries to give that sense that the problem is clearly focused in one direction only.

AFCCOVENTRY

The main thing that is evident from all of this is that Fisher's cage has been rattled by the protests. He is hating the fans more than he already does.

The next protest needs to be bigger and the one after even bigger etc.

The protests are to Sisu but they need to be made personally to Fisher now as well. He needs to feel the hate and anger towards him as chairman. He brings anger to the fans.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

As I 100% absolutely hate what has happened to our club, I don't think protesting is the way forward. If we protest or don't put bums on seats then nothing will get better. We are over a barrel...if we don't put money in then the club will fold, they won't need to spend money on new ground or training ground and they cut their losses with a housing development to make up some of what they have lost. If we go to games put money in and they will have to keep the club going. They will have to negotiate on a new stadium either lease or new build. If they don't then surely the FA will have to get involved. Im sure this post will piss alot of people off but its the way it is.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
No one will negotiate with Fisher and Co, it will be another ground share, imop. PUSB.

Wheelfass

Anyway, back on topic........
Tennis balls, half of them in the first minute and the other half in the first minute of the 2nd half.
ALL of them with SISU OUT written on them.

AStonesThrow

Tennis balls, half of them in the first minute and the other half in the first minute of the 2nd half.
Beach balls would work better. Bigger, more obvious, harder to kick off the pitch. All with "new year, new owners" written on

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

I am not sure about everybody else but I was checked on the way in and they would have found a tennis ball. I hope everybody else was checked and he didn't give me special feel:yuck:

AStonesThrow

I am not sure about everybody else but I was checked on the way in and they would have found a tennis ball. I hope everybody else was checked and he didn't give me special feel:yuck:
Yeah they frisked me even though it was just me and my 4 year old. Deflated beach balls could be hidden

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Colin Steins Smile

A potential idea for trying to target SISU is to ask all fans to send junk mail to their offices, including roof slates in Jiffy bags Without a stamp, hence costing SISU to receive it. It's a small thing , but another disrupting tactic.

Warwickhunt

Christ. I said nothing about us invading every week, I talk about the 'threat' and receiving fines. We could well receive fines if we disturb games through other means that don't violate any laws, especially if they happen on a regular basis and cause a lengthy delay.
And for the record, only 5 people were given any penalty for disturbances when Blackpool got their game abandoned. Those people were the ones who tried to break the glass to get to Oyston. But believe me, if every single person went onto our pitch and got an important mid-season game called off, it would reverberate around the country. I'd like to see them try to give everyone in the ground a banning order.
We have two choices: go down fighting, or just hope things get better and find that the downward spiral we're in doesn't stop.
Jabharty there is only one way we can effect Sepala and that is by finding out who the mystery investors are? Surely in this day and age of technology someone can find out who they are. If the protests can be directed against those people it would change things overnight . Anyone know a decent hacker

Otis

Can we have a least one with a Golden Ticket in it. Make it a bit more exciting.

Winner could receive a one week internship at the Sisu offices in London.

Users who are viewing this thread