Next Protest (2 Viewers)

Warwickhunt

We need to target the investors not the club as soon as they are effected they would pull their funds and hence the demise of SISU as a hedge fund. We need the Hacks to dig and find the names

dadgad

What is clear is that SISU hate adverse publicity. Years ago they instructed the dayglo muppets to confiscate all banners and flags on a 'fire cert' pretext.
Fisher is utterly desperate now - his lies unravel as he spouts them.
The promise of more unified protests terrifies him. ;)

SkyBlue_Bear83

To be accurate they would need to get a £ figure per game not an attendance. The problem last season appears to be that substantial discounts on ST and match packages caused a bigger drop than expected in the average ticket price. When that happens you need more people at the lower average to reach the same £ figure.
Whether they moved the goal posts or or miscalculated isn't really important. At worst it's outright lying and at best it's incompetence of unbelievable levels.

chiefdave

Is that the interest that you say we don't pay?
It still has to show in the accounts paid or not.
So we made 1m profit. Player sales are included in income that can be used for player budget.
They can but if you can't spend it twice. Prior to Maddison being sold a loan was taken out to cover cash flow issues, the sale of Maddison allowed the loan to be repaid.
What I am saying is that Fisher seems to have contradicted himself. Either the break even figure was changed so we didn't strengthen in January like we needed or he is lying about the profit.
There's different sets of figures, doesn't mean he's lying. You've got pre-tax profit, profit, cashflow, SCMP.

Astute

It still has to show in the accounts paid or not.

They can but if you can't spend it twice. Prior to Maddison being sold a loan was taken out to cover cash flow issues, the sale of Maddison allowed the loan to be repaid.

There's different sets of figures, doesn't mean he's lying. You've got pre-tax profit, profit, cashflow, SCMP.
60% of income can be used whatever the rest of it is for. It doesn't matter if your club is in profit or losing money. It doesn't make any difference to what they say is payable if it is paid or not.

chiefdave

60% of income can be used whatever the rest of it is for. It doesn't matter if your club is in profit or losing money. It doesn't make any difference to what they say is payable if it is paid or not.
But you still need to have the cash. Lets say your income is £10m, so your player budget can be £6m.

Your non-player costs are £7.5m. What happens if you spend £6m on players? You've spent £13.5m against an income of £10m.

Irish Sky Blue

I am not sure about everybody else but I was checked on the way in and they would have found a tennis ball. I hope everybody else was checked and he didn't give me special feel:yuck:
Stewards at Charlton were searching people for pigs. Apologies for anyone eating lunch but I had two pigs down my pants between my legs. Made me walk like John Wayne but no pigs were discovered. Where there is a will there is a way!

Otis

Stewards at Charlton were searching people for pigs. Apologies for anyone eating lunch but I had two pigs down my pants between my legs. Made me walk like John Wayne but no pigs were discovered. Where there is a will there is a way!

And where there isn't a willie there's more room.

SkyblueBazza

Given the almost unanimous support for what occurred on Thursday night and the widespread publicity that it earned should we use the momentum and continue with this emboldening sense of unity?
PUSB
'Unanimous support'?

I didn't agree with either encouraging others nor indeed breaking the law myself.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Irish Sky Blue

Jabharty there is only one way we can effect Sepala and that is by finding out who the mystery investors are? Surely in this day and age of technology someone can find out who they are. If the protests can be directed against those people it would change things overnight . Anyone know a decent hacker

Simon Gilbert at the Last open Trust meeting was asked could he not do this. He said he did not have the time or the resources which did seem a bit lame. I am sure that this idea would be great way to bypass Fisher and get at Sisu and Seppala directly. Lionel Bird who spoke at the same meeting did seem to have found out quite a bit about the financial maze that Sisu surround themselves with so if an ordinary bloke can do it you would think a media organisation could do more.

torchomatic

clint van damme

if we go down the beach ball root it would be good if we could put some pictures and slogans on them.
Something along the lines of wanted for killing our our club with joy and tims face on. Had a quick look and they're fairly cheap.
I agree we can't invade the pitch every week, and the police won't take the softly, softly approach if it becomes a repeat occurrence.
staying behind after a game is a good idea as well.

Otis

if we go down the beach ball root it would be good if we could put some pictures and slogans on them.
Something along the lines of wanted for killing our our club with joy and tims face on. Had a quick look and they're fairly cheap.
I agree we can't invade the pitch every week, and the police won't take the softly, softly approach if it becomes a repeat occurrence.
staying behind after a game is a good idea as well.
For every ball that has 'Sisu Out' on it, there should be one with either 'PUSB' on it and for every one that says 'Hate Sisu there should be a 'Love City.'

Paxman II

I guess it could be argued if your protest results in SISU quitting our club you would have all but killed it off.
Is there any protesters thinking where your actions might lead us should you get your blanket wish?
I'm no fan of SISU anymore than you but I'm aware of the danger of them departing if we are to still have a football club.

Nick

Administrator
I guess it could be argued if your protest results in SISU quitting our club you would have all but killed it off.
Is there any protesters thinking where your actions might lead us should you get your blanket wish?
I'm no fan of SISU anymore than you but I'm aware of the danger of them departing if we are to still have a football club.

It isn't so much them going, it is the plan for if they do.

Otis

Blankets!!!! Yes, like it. We throwing them on the pitch, or wrapping players up in them, kidnapping and demanding a ransom?

torchomatic

Blankets!!!! Yes, like it. We throwing them on the pitch, or wrapping players up in them, kidnapping and demanding a ransom?
Give me a thousand pounds or Tudgay gets it?
<phone goes dead>
Hello? Hello?

Paxman II

It isn't so much them going, it is the plan for if they do.
That's the point Nick. If they are forced out by protest, liquidate us without as much a sniff of something else on the horizon then the clubs own fans would have killed this club off.
It's a horrible situation but must be viewed more seriously than just the tag line 'SISU OUT' as if that in of itself solves all our problems.

martcov

That's the point Nick. If they are forced out by protest, liquidate us without as much a sniff of something else on the horizon then the clubs own fans would have killed this club off.
It's a horrible situation but must be viewed more seriously than just the tag line 'SISU OUT' as if that in of itself solves all our problems.

How about selling the club for Joy ( not really of course ), but a mock sale. Banner with ' football club for sale to a good owner'. Couldn't be accused of negativity if we say we want the club sold, all enquiries to Joy Sepalla. According to TF she is, possibly, holding out for a bidder.

Nick

Administrator
How about selling the club for Joy ( not really of course ), but a mock sale. Banner with ' football club for sale to a good owner'. Couldn't be accused of negativity if we say we want the club sold, all enquiries to Joy Sepalla. According to TF she is, possibly, holding out for a bidder.

The thing is, I reckon 99% people who question just shouting SISU out just question what the plan is. It isn't that they want SISU IN, they just want to have more of an idea what happens if SISU are OUT.

A lot of people seem to be SISU OUT at any cost, they are quite happy to be liquidated and start again. A lot of others will be a bit more wary though.

If somebody made a football club for sale advert that was serious it would work, none of emotion and hatred but just kept it as a professional advert.

martcov

The thing is, I reckon 99% people who question just shouting SISU out just question what the plan is. It isn't that they want SISU IN, they just want to have more of an idea what happens if SISU are OUT.

A lot of people seem to be SISU OUT at any cost, they are quite happy to be liquidated and start again. A lot of others will be a bit more wary though.

If somebody made a football club for sale advert that was serious it would work, none of emotion and hatred but just kept it as a professional advert.

SISU have screwed up and now the structure is wrong for achieving success. Things were collapsing before SISU tbf. But if we are to achieve success, we need the structure changing which will cost millions. A new stadium for a start and more revenue sources. If SISU walk we've had it... unless a buyer with a large amount of capital and with the aim of achieving success turns up. We can vent our fury at TF and SISU, especially if we feel better for it ;-), but where's the knight in shining armour to save us?

Irish Sky Blue

SISU have screwed up and now the structure is wrong for achieving success. Things were collapsing before SISU tbf. But if we are to achieve success, we need the structure changing which will cost millions. A new stadium for a start and more revenue sources. If SISU walk we've had it... unless a buyer with a large amount of capital and with the aim of achieving success turns up. We can vent our fury at TF and SISU, especially if we feel better for it ;-), but where's the knight in shining armour to save us?

As they are running the club at break even that should not need a great injection of money straight away. There would hopefully be a good will feeling with greater season ticket and match day ticket sales, more people wanting to advertise and be associated with the club.

Terry Gibson's perm

But the club breaks even plus any new owner would have an influx of nopm fans;). There would also be a lot of goodwill in the city once these shits have been removed.

Terry Gibson's perm

As they are running the club at break even that should not need a great injection of money straight away. There would hopefully be a good will feeling with greater season ticket and match day ticket sales, more people wanting to advertise and be associated with the club.

We must have been typing at the same time

Gazolba

The best protest is not going to the games. All those people who invaded the pitch at the last game, paid to get in and thus earned money for SISU. Starving them of money is the only thing they understand. But I suspect they will just sell players to make up for it. More pitch invasions will get us a point deduction and certain relegation, but maybe that's what the protesters want.

Paxman II

We can hope for a knight in shining armour but the reality is there are none as when you look at CCFC all you see is a stripped down club without a stadium and little asset value except goodwill.
So the only way forward in the short to medium term is to support the team as much as possible and increase our revenue so some investment in players and support for the next manager may give us the chance to get out of this league or at least challenge. Do that and then we make ourselves attract some new ownership.
If SISU leave right now we are in the kind of territory none of us envisioned and the way back would be a long, long road if at all. It's just a reality.
Its not the football club who have destroyed our relationships with ACL, WASP, Council and others it's this hedge fund bunch. For a new owner they have the opportunity to get some new deals. It's too late to own the stadium but I'm sure WASP would listen to any new sustainable arrangement that suited both sides and increased their revenue streams. The promise of investment in the team and more success on the pitch follows that bigger crowds of 15 -17k would be a regular occurrence. It's a win win. SISU are unwilling to invest to achieve this and know they have shot their bolt anyway. The council would look more kindly to new fresh owners of CCFC and we could begin building again from league 1 where all is not yet lost.
protest won't get rid of SISU. The question is what will? Is it by adding our team support, grow the crowed, raise revenue, get more success for it and attract that new owner to take a look? The other route simply gets worse.

Users who are viewing this thread