Next 2 Games (1 Viewer)

Otis

Think you'll need to look again...Doncaster who finished 3rd, also finished on 85 points last season.

I'm not disagreeing though, it's more than likely 3rd spot will be secured by 80pts because the league has been so tight over the course of the season, as I previously stated.

6 wins out of 9 could clinch that 3rd spot but the 4 teams that are above us could also match this. It's very much a case of relying on rival teams to slip up rather than looking solely at our own results between now and the end of the season. Hence why we're better to look behind us rather than what's in front given that a point separates a good season from a bad one.
6 wins, 2 draws, 1 defeat. That would have us mighty close.

7 wins would give us a much better chance though for sure.

SkyBlueCRJ

Yeah I know they finished on 85pts, but they only needed 78pts to secure 3rd over 4th places Luton in 77pts. I was just correcting your 3 season average which you saw as 85pts to secure 3rd spot, when over the last 3 seasons it has been 83pts. Pinickerty I know, but those points make it more attainable with remaining games to go.

It’s better to measure these things with as much recent data as possible, so everybody who believes around 80 pts for autos is more or less spot on. That’s what we should be aiming for. It’s going to be a fab run in, especially if we can keep the 6 in 9 target alive for as long as possible.

It would also take a monumental cock up in form and Home form for us to not make the playoffs. I can’t see that happening - surely not this time City?

Oh apologies I see what you're saying now.

2 points could make or break a season so you might as well be specific. Even goal difference could make or break a season and it could well come down to that. It's difficult to see us going on a horrendous run of form but likewise even an average run of form could cost us dearly. Both Swindon and Lincoln respectively sit just below us 1 point adrift Swindon have had a relatively solid run of form in the last ten games with 5 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses. Lincoln's is again fairly strong with 4 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses. Our's is fairly similar. But if you look at the form of the last 5 games as far down as Carlise (who are still in reach of a play-off spot may I add) it's a different story. So it genuinely baffles me that a fair amount of posters are talking as if we're bagged a playoff place already when 2 teams are breathing down our necks. This is why I think it's far more appropriate to look at the team's below us in the table before we start even deciding to look what's above.

So would it really take a monumental cock up when the majority of teams as far down as Carlisle are on a similar run of form as us if you forget the last 10 games and instead look at the last 5? The 7th spot is anyones for the taking in my eyes. Like you said all it takes is a 6 out of 9 run of form.

It might seem like worst case scenario and a lot of IF's and BUT's but so is the club achieving automatic promotion IMO at the moment. You're right though it'll be one interesting end of season run in...

Sky Blue Harry H

Oh apologies I see what you're saying now.

2 points could make or break a season so you might as well be specific. Even goal difference could make or break a season and it could well come down to that. It's difficult to see us going on a horrendous run of form but likewise even an average run of form could cost us dearly. Both Swindon and Lincoln respectively sit just below us 1 point adrift Swindon have had a relatively solid run of form in the last ten games with 5 wins, 1 draw and 4 losses. Lincoln's is again fairly strong with 4 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses. Our's is fairly similar. But if you look at the form of the last 5 games as far down as Carlise (who are still in reach of a play-off spot may I add) it's a different story. So it genuinely baffles me that a fair amount of posters are talking as if we're bagged a playoff place already when 2 teams are breathing down our necks. This is why I think it's far more appropriate to look at the team's below us in the table before we start even deciding to look what's above.

So would it really take a monumental cock up when the majority of teams as far down as Carlisle are on a similar run of form as us if you forget the last 10 games and instead look at the last 5? The 7th spot is anyones for the taking in my eyes. Like you said all it takes is a 6 out of 9 run of form.

It might seem like worst case scenario and a lot of IF's and BUT's but so is the club achieving automatic promotion IMO at the moment. You're right though it'll be one interesting end of season run in...

One advantage we have is that several others have to play a lot of the other contenders (so someone has to drop points-hopefully both, with a draw), whereas our only games are against Lincoln and N County. A small advantage, but I'll happily take it.

rupert_bear

For play-off spot I think we have to win atleast 5 and not lose to Lincoln and probably Notts County, win 6 or more then a top 3 spot beckons imo

Londonccfcfan

Not sure about that one.

Wycombe doing well, Lincoln and Swindon have won 3 out of their last 6.

Id love to think this division is scared of us, but reality is we are one of at least 8 teams who think they can go up via the last auto place or the play offs,

great news is our defence still holds up, conceded 8 less than anyone else, and when you have a defence who don't let much past them, we always have a chance
A week premature with my statement last week.

Yes they are now. Us and Accrington form team in whole league.

Big statement today. Albeit against a very poor Grimsby team.

Users who are viewing this thread