Next 2 Games (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I know all the games are important right now and the mentality of the manager and players around 10 games and then 9 games seems a real spirit lifting boost for them but the opposition fixtures with 2 wins from us could really separate us from the others.

Exeter and Wycombe both away midweek against teams needing points to survive.
Swindon away at Exeter next Saturday

Good Friday is interesting
Lincoln Exeter
Mansfield Accrington
Notts county Wycombe

The Newport game could be a defining moment, we will still need more wins but win the next 2 and they may actually believe that automatics is a possibility and I haven’t believed that all year.
Of course, we then need to beat Lincoln and Notts county but can briefly believe for a moment.

Sky Blue Harry H

I really want Exeter to take something off Swindon, as i think they are a big threat if they get into the play offs. Mansfield are fading. I fancy us against N County - think Newport and Lincoln willbe more difficult. Need no more centre back woes, Bayliss to stay fit and several Carl Baker days between now and the end of the season!!!

Astute

Both Notts County and Newport have only lost 2 games at home this season. Both are going to be really tough games to get a win in.
We play better against teams higher up as when they attack they leave us space. All we need is no defensive or GK mistakes and we should at least get draws.

Otis

Wycombe you would have thought would have to fancy their chances of 4 points out of those 2 games. Crawley away, Port Vale at home.

If they beat Crawley away on Wednesday that would put them 8 points clear of us, which would be a massive gap, even though we would have a game in hand.

An Exeter win obviously puts them back above us in the table, so both these midweek fixtures are important to our fortunes.

Otis

Which is why I have said before, to even consider automatic promotion we need help from elsewhere.

Astute

Which is why I have said before, to even consider automatic promotion we need help from elsewhere.
No team is going to win every game. There is a lot of games where teams near the top play each other. And a few have hit a bad run at an important time. Luton are now looking dodgy. A win against Notts County would mean 2 points off them as things stand with a game in hand. They are presently in 3rd.

Nobody will want to play us at the moment. We are the only side that has let in less than a goal a game and at last look good going forward.

I want us to get in the top 3. But would win a small fortune if we win the playoffs. And I would fancy our chances if we make it through to them.

higgs

No team is going to win every game. There is a lot of games where teams near the top play each other. And a few have hit a bad run at an important time. Luton are now looking dodgy. A win against Notts County would mean 2 points off them as things stand with a game in hand. They are presently in 3rd.

Nobody will want to play us at the moment. We are the only side that has let in less than a goal a game and at last look good going forward.

I want us to get in the top 3. But would win a small fortune if we win the playoffs. And I would fancy our chances if we make it through to them.
What odds did you get? We are 5/1 now to go up via the playoffs?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

I keep hearing Luton are looking dodgy, Notts County are looking dodgy, Mansfield are wobbling etc.

Screenshot_2018-03-19-08-11-17.png

And yet, Luton have only lost 7 games all season, Notts County 8 and Mansfield 6 and Notts County have only lost 2 at home all season too.

The automatics may look relatively close, but we most certainly do need help from elsewhere as well as us having to just keep winning and winning and winning while they drop points. Still unlikely at best.

Let's hope Crawley get something against Wycombe, because an 8 point gap could be untenable for us.

Astute

Took a bit of finding. 16th August 12/1

Astute

I keep hearing Luton are looking dodgy, Notts County are looking dodgy, Mansfield are wobbling etc.

View attachment 9293

And yet, Luton have only lost 7 games all season, Notts County 8 and Mansfield 6 and Notts County have only lost 2 at home all season too.

The automatics may look relatively close, but we most certainly do need help from elsewhere as well as us having to just keep winning and winning and winning while they drop points. Still unlikely at best.

Let's hope Crawley get something against Wycombe, because an 8 point gap could be untenable for us.
Only Accrington, Luton and Wycombe have it in their own hands. Every other club needs results to go their way elsewhere.

Otis

This is Wycombe's run in.

Crawley A
Port Vale H
Grimsby H
Yeovil A
Lincoln A
Accrington H
Chesterfield A
Stevenage H

So, on paper, 3 games against top sides (Notts County, Lincoln and Accrington), while we have 2 against top sides (Notts County and Lincoln) and you have to remember we have to make up 6 points to overtake them, that is a very, very key fact. We need them to lose 2 with us also winning 2 to make that gap.

Let's go for the low estimation on points needed for 3rd and say it's 82. That would mean Wycombe need 16 points from 9 games. 5 wins and a draw out of those fixtures.

If that was us, with those fixtures, we would very much be fancying that for sure.

Last edited:

Otis

Only Accrington, Luton and Wycombe have it in their own hands. Every other club needs results to go their way elsewhere.
To obtain promotion for sure. Notts County and Mansfield and Exeter and Wycombe all have it in their own hands though to finish higher than us.

I think the play-offs are most definitely on. I think automatic promotion is quite unlikely and we will almost certainly have to win 7 games out of our last 9 and we play Newport and County away who have both only lost 2 at home all season.

You would have to say that a draw in both games would be a good result for us, but then we would probably have to win 6 out of the 7 other games if that was the case.

We need favours and Crawley on Wednesday would be a nice start, but we need sensational form now.

Otis

Notts County do have a much, much tougher run in.

Chesterfield A
Wycombe H
Accrington A
CITY H
Colchester A
Yeovil H
Grimsby A
Luton H

Otis

You also have to factor in rivals playing each other. For instance, Notts County v Wycombe. That's two clubs we have to catch, so really we need to hoping for a draw in that circumstance. A win for one would mean we still have to make up that points gap.

Of course, if we are lucky enough one will win one of those matchups and then lose another matchup against another rival and so forth.

Otis

Lets stop conning ourselves about automatics-we cocked that up ages ago. Lets just make sure we get into the playoffs.
My thoughts exactly.

If it comes down to the last game and we need to win while a rival draws then that is the time to consider the automatic places.

At the moment it just doesn't look very feasible and besides, let's just concentrate on our winning 4, 5 or 6 games in a row before anything else, because that is probably what is needed.

Otis

For what it's worth, here are Mansfield's fixtures.

2 tough games, but the rest all look winnable.

Forest Green A
Accrington H
Luton A
Crewe H
Stevenage A
Chesterfield A
Port Vale H
Yeovil A
Crawley H

Astute

For what it's worth, here are Mansfield's fixtures.

2 tough games, but the rest all look winnable.

Forest Green A
Accrington H
Luton A
Crewe H
Stevenage A
Chesterfield A
Port Vale H
Yeovil A
Crawley H
Looking winnable and winning are two totally different things. Out of their last 6 games 4 of them have been at home. And they have only won 2 of them and drawing the other 4.

Otis

Looking winnable and winning are two totally different things. Out of their last 6 games 4 of them have been at home. And they have only won 2 of them and drawing the other 4.
Just making a point.

For some reason we seem to think our games are winnable.

We will almost certainly have to win at least 6 of our last 9 games to achieve automatic promotion.

Are we really capable of that? Hand on heart?

Highly unlikely unfortunately.

tigersb

Notts County also

clint van damme

we have gone from worse current form in the top 10 to joint top in a few weeks. I think we're hitting our stride at the right time.

Hobo

Lets stop conning ourselves about automatics-we cocked that up ages ago. Lets just make sure we get into the playoffs.

Let's just take one game at a time and see how we go. Easter normally changes the picture. I have said all along Easter onwards is the time to put your best run together and have a strong finish.

Otis

Let's just take one game at a time and see how we go. Easter normally changes the picture. I have said all along Easter onwards is the time to put your best run together and have a strong finish.
That Newport away one is on the Friday. Could really do with a positive result from that game.

steve82

Im amazed Luton have hid the skids and blown there lead to Accrington with the huge gap they had developed. I still think they will win it just.

You have to admire Accrington as a club for what they are achieving this season.

We’re sitting quietly coming coming back into contention at the right time picking up results if not hitting form we’d all like to see.

I fear Swindon tho, they look a good side to win the play offs with the goals of Marc Richards. What a January signing he was.

Who’d of thought two sides in Port Vale and Chesterfield would be in the situation they are in at the bottom reaches of the league last summer when all 4 of us got relegated. Port Vale I thought would give the play offs a good go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NortonSkyBlue

look at the season as a whole, there is no chance we will win all our games and by the law of season averages will lose 3 of these upcoming games.
I am confident of nothing and hopeful of everything.
We have not totally outplayed anybody and are just as likely to lose to Grimsby and then beat Notts County.
All to play for......

Astute

we have gone from worse current form in the top 10 to joint top in a few weeks. I think we're hitting our stride at the right time.
Which is what my point is. And we actually look as though we can score goals now.

Otis

Im amazed Luton have hid the skids and blown there lead to Accrington with the huge gap they had developed. I still think they will win it just.

You have to admire Accrington as a club for what they are achieving this season.

We’re sitting quietly coming coming back into contention at the right time picking up results if not hitting form we’d all like to see.

I fear Swindon tho, they look a good side to win the play offs with the goals of Marc Richards. What a January signing he was.

Who’d of thought two sides in Port Vale and Chesterfield would be in the situation they are in at the bottom reaches of the league last summer when all 4 of us got relegated. Port Vale I thought would give the play offs a good go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep. I do still fear Swindon and wouldn't want to meet them in the play-offs.

Astute

look at the season as a whole, there is no chance we will win all our games and by the law of season averages will lose 3 of these upcoming games.
I am confident of nothing and hopeful of everything.
We have not totally outplayed anybody and are just as likely to lose to Grimsby and then beat Notts County.
All to play for......
But we don't need to win them all. All the sides near the top are playing each other. And thwre will be defeats against lower down sides along the way.

We are 5 points behind Notts County in 3rd but have a game in hand. Most important to me is not losing to them.

Also we are 3rd in the form table. Above us are Accrington and Carlisle. The rest of them are not doing as well as us.

I am not saying we will finish in the top 3. But with the games left for all sides and current form we have a chance. And I would fancy our chances in the playoffs if we can keep this run together.

Users who are viewing this thread