Next 2 Games (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Just focusing on Mansfield because they were favourites to go up and even though they haven't set the world alight, they have only lost 6 games all season, half of what we have lost and that record of 6 losses is best record in the division.

That shows that they are very hard to beat.

Last year, Luton were like Mansfield as they drew 17, and only lost 9 games all season (least in the league). They draw too many games and at the end of the day, you’re losing points if you’re drawing. We’ve also won 2 more games than Mansfield - they also have to play Accrington and Luton.

Wycombe are best poised for 3rd, I think our chances are just as good as Mansfield’s and slightly better than Notts County’s - the latter I think have the most work to do in this last 8 games.

Otis

Still would rather a PV win tonight giving them momentum to beat Wycombe on Saturday.
That would be perfect, but just have this sneaky suspicion that if they get that win tonight they will believe they are safe and pretty much rightly so. 10 point gap is huge, despite Chesterfield having games in hand.

Londonccfcfan

C
Where is the lack of logic?

Port Vale play Exeter and then Wycombe. We need Port Vale to take points off both if possible.

If Port Vale win tonight though they will be 10 points clear of second bottom and the points are then not as urgent on Saturday against Wycombe.

Best scenario is if Port Vale need points off both teams.

The logic is perfectly sound.

In your mind yes.

Still want Exeter to get battered tonight.

Port Vale confidence up they may well beat Wycombe anyway. Why would anyone not want our promotion rival to lose????

Sorry not with you on this one. I will be nervous as hell tonight untill Port Vale are out of sight.

Who says they will relax after tonight?if they are 10 points clear, after what they have endured this season, with a new manager and also their history this season shows if they win a game or two they may well go on a good run anyway.

Otis

C

In your mind yes.

Still want Exeter to get battered tonight.

Port Vale confidence up they may well beat Wycombe anyway. Why would anyone not want our promotion rival to lose????

Sorry not with you on this one. I will be nervous as hell tonight untill Port Vale are out of sight.

Who says they will relax after tonight?if they are 10 points clear, after what they have endured this season, with a new manager and also their history this season shows if they win a game or two they may well go on a good run anyway.
Rival(s).

We would like all the teams above us to drop points. It's not all just about tonight's game. Saturday's games are just as important.

Having only won 9 games all season I think it is a bit much hoping Port Vale beat both Wycombe and Exeter.

Londonccfcfan

Rival(s).

We would like all the teams above us to drop points. It's not all just about tonight's game. Saturday's games are just as important.

Having only won 9 games all season I think it is a bit much hoping Port Vale beat both Wycombe and Exeter.
Sorry mate, Exeter to get battered tonight please. No Draw!

Otis

Not being funny here, but Port Vale have not won in their last 12 matches.

Last win was in December.

Bit of a stretch to think they may win 2 now in a row.

Ideally yeah, 2 wins, but a draw tonight will still have them desperate for points on Saturday.

Trying to be reasoned and not just cross my fingers and hope for a little miracle. ;)

Last edited:

Liquid Gold

Not being funny here, but Port Vale have not won in their last 12 matches.

Last win was in December.

Bit of a stretch to think they may win 2 now in a row.

Ideally yeah, 2 wins, but a draw tonight will still have them desperate for points on Saturday.

Trying to be reasoned and not just cross my fingers and hope for a little miracle. ;)
You’re going to be gutted when it’s a draw tonight and Exeter beat us to third by 1 point.

Otis

You’re going to be gutted when it’s a draw tonight and Exeter beat us to third by 1 point.
Noooooooooo!!! Don't say that!!

giphy.gif

Esoterica

Absolutely no way I would want a promotion rival to get the point they need to get back into the play offs tonight. They've spunked their games in hand meaning autos is no longer in their own hands, just lost to Morecambe and a point tonight in the context of leapfrogging Lincoln back into a play off place might be the catalyst for a run of form as the play offs will be theirs to lose again.
Most of Port Vale's squad are out of contract in the summer, they will be as likely to be fighting for their personal futures as give up because they are safe from relegation.

Liquid Gold

Stevenson only on the bench for Colchester. He's never played a full 90 minutes for them and only played 2 minutes of the last three games.

Otis

Absolutely no way I would want a promotion rival to get the point they need to get back into the play offs tonight. They've spunked their games in hand meaning autos is no longer in their own hands, just lost to Morecambe and a point tonight in the context of leapfrogging Lincoln back into a play off place might be the catalyst for a run of form as the play offs will be theirs to lose again.
Most of Port Vale's squad are out of contract in the summer, they will be as likely to be fighting for their personal futures as give up because they are safe from relegation.
Errmmm, you may wish to rethink that one.

My whole logic is based upon a draw for Exeter tonight leaving them still behind us.

Only a win for them has them overtake us.

no_loyalty

This is the wrong thread for posting the results of tonights games and you all know it, so get off it.

Esoterica

Errmmm, you may wish to rethink that one.

My whole logic is based upon a draw for Exeter tonight leaving them still behind us.

Only a win for them has them overtake us.
Rethink what? I don't want any of our rivals to pick up any point (s). I wouldn't want Exeter getting any kind of lift from getting back into the play off places, even if that was from a draw that left them still behind us.

Otis

Rethink what? I don't want any of our rivals to pick up any point (s). I wouldn't want Exeter getting any kind of lift from getting back into the play off places, even if that was from a draw that left them still behind us.
We really shouldn't be concerned with teams behind us and surely should be looking to overtake the teams above us.

We have enough on our plate trying to catch up on the top 4.

Only an Exeter win was a concern to us tonight. A draw left them behind us, so really not an issue, especially as it would be just 1 point from 2 games for them.

Otis

Even if Exeter do win tonight they play Swindon on Saturday, so every chance to overtake them once more with a win against Grimsby.

Otis

All over. Port Vale 0-1 Exeter. 13 games without a win.

On to Saturday and hopefully Port Vale can get a point against Wycombe somehow.

Brighton Sky Blue

We really shouldn't be concerned with teams behind us and surely should be looking to overtake the teams above us.

We have enough on our plate trying to catch up on the top 4.

Only an Exeter win was a concern to us tonight. A draw left them behind us, so really not an issue, especially as it would be just 1 point from 2 games for them.

At least now that 1 game advantage is erased.

Sky Blue Harry H

Yep and they are home to Swindon Saturday. Will be a tough game for them.

Think I want a draw for that one - even an Exeter win. Still more twitchy about Swindon than Exeter (especially if it were a play off or Wembley)

Londonccfcfan

Bollocks, shit result.

Otis im afraid no one understands your logic. How you would want a promotion rival to get anything from tonight is beyond me.

Sky Blue Harry H

Bollocks, shit result.

Otis im afraid no one understands your logic. How you would want a promotion rival to get anything from tonight is beyond me.
Leave Otis alone, he's going through the male menopause, brought on by our lofty league position.

Users who are viewing this thread