New supporters club near town? (3 Viewers)

BornSlippySkyBlue

He is Muslim. You can find quotes by the man himself talking about it. He was brought up in France as opposed to Morocco, maybe for that reason was never as… ‘strict’, but he is Muslim.
Yeah, pretty sure “Hadji” means one who has been on a pilgrimage to Mecca…

Londonccfcfan

The 'great pro' type you regularly rip apart!! He certainly always gave 100% and for that reason I don't really want to slag him off, but he was extremely limited, a poor man's Mick Coop if you like. I know its only a drinking booth but it would be frankly embarrasing if he were to win any vote amongst City fans as our greatest ever defender. In our PL days Atherton & Babb were miles better.
Often forgotten about was he was used a man marker for us..he had the unenvial task of man marking Bergkamp and Zola at times.

CDK

Often forgotten about was he was used a man marker for us..he had the unenvial task of man marking Bergkamp and Zola at times.
Much prefer over Atherton and Babb,Trevor Peake a rolls Royce over those two players(despite both of those players being quality)

pusbccfc

Any update on opening date? Would be great if it was sorted for the Forest match.

matesx

Be interesting to see how popular it will be. Long way from the ground. I wish it every success and will give it a go.

pusbccfc

Great news. Surprised they are yet to announce any form of transport to ground.

Never went to the buffet place there before. Always assumed it's a large place?

AOM

Be interesting to see how popular it will be. Long way from the ground. I wish it every success and will give it a go.

Hopefully they can somehow link up to the ground on match days with coaches or buses.
Train station also is pretty close if it could get you there

pusbccfc

20210722_192123.jpg

The brewery by the Ricoh also reopening after a refurb.

Sounds great. By all accounts, the CBS matchday experience will be far better than previous.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I’d be happy to go out of my way to support it before heading to the wheatsheaf. Great to see the club is starting to have a presence in the city other than a pokey unit in a retail park.
It’s a pretty straight taxi drive from the new club to the ground/foleshill road too.

I haven’t been out down town (in Cov) for a couple of years now but the only sizeable sports bar I can think of is Carters if that’s even still going? If this new supporters club can make an effort on non match days with showing all sorts of livesport or events, it could build a base of regulars quite quickly.

matesx

I will go on a match day, easy for me as i get the train up from Banbury. I used to use the Convoy as it had the sky blue double decker to drop us at the ground fir £2. Wonder what happened to that bus? Ideal

shmmeee

They should definitely organise transport on match days. Should advertise the next home game as well. Lots of traffic going past and people who aren’t city fans will likely drop in on the mooch from Earlsdon to town on the piss. Good opportunity to pick up a couple of walk ups on match day.

LastGarrison

The guys running this clearly know their stuff and I just can’t imagine them not putting on transport on match day. Massive missed opportunity if they don’t!

As Earlsdon has said above there isn’t really any sports bars in town so if they show all the football, boxing, cricket, darts etc. then it has a chance of really doing well

It is also student central around there so if the place is bouncing on match days you might entice a few in and up to games.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

The guys running this clearly know their stuff and I just can’t imagine them not putting on transport on match day. Massive missed opportunity if they don’t!

As Earlsdon has said above there isn’t really any sports bars in town so if they show all the football, boxing, cricket, darts etc. then it has a chance of really doing well

It is also student central around there so if the place is bouncing on match days you might entice a few in and up to games.

The Aardvark does really well with students and residents and that’s just literally around the corner and difficult to get a table in there for the big matches.

Hopefully the New Supporters Club could benefit quickly from that existing market and potentially attracting those heading to Cov Rugby as a close pre-match pub.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Website up and running. Looks fantastic.

Shuttle to ground is £9 return but includes a pint. It's a bit steep but I guess if they'll be charging the best part of a fiver for a pint it's not bad.

shmmeee

£22.50 for a burger and a pint.

Not cheap is it.

(leaves before Grendel arrives to tell us burgers for less than £20 devalue the burger brand)

Users who are viewing this thread