New supporters club near town? (3 Viewers)

gary_ccfcforever

Cheers for clearing it up. I was told it was for a single trip.

£9 is great value for return and a pint!
Hi mate, so the £9 is one way including a beer. Apologies,

I think it's difficult to pin people down after the game and people tend to do what they want/feel dependant on the result etc.

I have mentioned your comments on here to the Tavern and a return may be something they look at dependant on interest and feedback.

To confirm though, at present, the Home Match Shuttle is from the Sky Blue Tavern to Dhillons Brewery by the ground only and is £9 including a pint either at the tavern or at the brewery.

Apologies for any confusion

Marty

Went down this evening for a few pints, food is good, the 'sky blue army' lager is lovely, they ran out of it, so tried a couple of their cans which were absolutely dreadful. Really good atmosphere, and it'll be buzzing on matchdays

Saddlebrains

Went down this evening for a few pints, food is good, the 'sky blue army' lager is lovely, they ran out of it, so tried a couple of their cans which were absolutely dreadful. Really good atmosphere, and it'll be buzzing on matchdays

Was also in there last night, cracking atmosphere! Did you join in the song renditions? Haha

Evo1883

Pint prices reasonable?

giphy.gif

SkyBlueSoul

Did a solid job today. Problems with the draught beers but we spoke to them and the issue was with the new tap system, "The guys who install it test 2 pints and sign it off, but not 50 pints a minute"

Other than that, it looked great, we still got some beers and the shuttle bus worked really well. Sure they'll iron the creases out over the next week or so, would highly recommend for a match day

pusbccfc

Dhillons by the ground was a big success too, some teething issues and I know the queues were crazy, but apparently they're going to open 2 extra bars for the next game. Good to have these options now.

Definitely need another bar or two. Really good spot though.

AOM

Did a solid job today. Problems with the draught beers but we spoke to them and the issue was with the new tap system, "The guys who install it test 2 pints and sign it off, but not 50 pints a minute"

Other than that, it looked great, we still got some beers and the shuttle bus worked really well. Sure they'll iron the creases out over the next week or so, would highly recommend for a match day

How was the shuttle bus? Are they minibuses or coaches?
£9 to the ground and a free beer sounds really decent

SkyBlueSoul

How was the shuttle bus? Are they minibuses or coaches?
£9 to the ground and a free beer sounds really decent
Flawless for us, left on time and didn't hear any complaints from anyone else. It was a minibus so room for 15-20ish. They came round asking everyone inside if they were booked on one so you didn't miss it if you were. Just gave the name of the person who booked it and got on. When you get off at Dhillons they give you a voucher for your free beer

AOM

Flawless for us, left on time and didn't hear any complaints from anyone else. It was a minibus so room for 15-20ish. They came round asking everyone inside if they were booked on one so you didn't miss it if you were. Just gave the name of the person who booked it and got on. When you get off at Dhillons they give you a voucher for your free beer

Brilliant, thank you!

Definitely better than £12 parking too

Somerset Sky Blue

In tonight - love the place.
A super enthusiastic bar manager (who is apparently the admin manager at the brewery) very kindly showed my wife and I around - including opening the upstairs to show us the venue and managers office!
Will certainly return - an excellent sports bar close to the city centre.
Once the beer taps for the brewery are working, brewery merchandise available (beer glasses for the venue look nice) and I reckon the staff shirts look good too.
Big thumbs up from me!

Attachments

• IMG_20210809_205644149.jpg
    IMG_20210809_205644149.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 46

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Just popped into this bar on way to ground. Disappointing choice of beers. One bitter (Worthington) and about 5 or 6 different lagers.

Always drank bitter as a youngster and lager was popular then too . So although lager has become more popular seems distorted selection.

Manager said distorted choice was based on market research.
Oh well, lots of interesting old programmes on the wall.

Somerset Sky Blue

Just popped into this bar on way to ground. Disappointing choice of beers. One bitter (Worthington) and about 5 or 6 different lagers.

Always drank bitter as a youngster and lager was popular then too . So although lager has become more popular seems distorted selection.

Was the dhillons beer available on draft or was it still cans?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Yeah looks like the bitter is being fazed out, they have stopped selling John Smiths in club Coventry as well.

The Worthington is ok but not as good as John Smiths , but having said that I did enjoy the chicken burger and chips in the Sky Blue Tavern.

SBT

Went for the first time yesterday - got potential but needs a bit of work. Pretty dire selection of beers for a brewpub - not a single IPA or cask ale on tap is a strange move. Had a Ghost Town which was pre-poured seemingly about ten minutes previously (weird considering it was noon and the place was mostly empty). So a flat lager in a plastic glass isn’t an ideal start. Downstairs was completely empty and yet still fully booked, so only seating options are either the massive tables upstairs or the stadium seats - cute idea but I’m already sitting on those once I get in the stadium.

The queues at the brewery by the ground are still massive as well. I love the effort they’ve put into it all, but it’s still not quite there for me.

Evo1883

Went for the first time yesterday - got potential but needs a bit of work. Pretty dire selection of beers for a brewpub - not a single IPA or cask ale on tap is a strange move. Had a Ghost Town which was pre-poured seemingly about ten minutes previously (weird considering it was noon and the place was mostly empty). So a flat lager in a plastic glass isn’t an ideal start. Downstairs was completely empty and yet still fully booked, so only seating options are either the massive tables upstairs or the stadium seats - cute idea but I’m already sitting on those once I get in the stadium.

The queues at the brewery by the ground are still massive as well. I love the effort they’ve put into it all, but it’s still not quite there for me.

I reckon you'd enjoy the alternative more .... a pub

clint van damme

Nipped in for a swift one on the way out of town earlier.
Dave Bennet, Trevor Peake and Kirk Stephens came in

theferret

Love the brewery by the ground, great atmosphere, but still plenty to do. They were pre-pouring pints in large numbers at 11.45, some of which were still there an hour later. A fiver for a pint that has sat for an hour and just topped up on service is not a good look. No IPA on tap is baffling seeing as they actually brew it. It's basically a lager bar.

Don't want to moan, it is great facility and very grateful for what they have done and investment made. Just a few teething issues to sort.

Users who are viewing this thread