New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

ajsccfc

I've got admin access to all the email accounts so I'll see if there are any named SISU or STADIUM or PROJECTDEATHRAY or whatever

shmmeee

Fucking called Warwick years ago!

Great to see some movement. Still a long way out so need some movement on Ricoh short term but good to see progress. Can’t wait to see actual plans.

djr8369

i just don't see what's in it for them using this strategy though now we're in the Championship. If this is as good as it's going to get why not sell now? It's not going to pull that many people to St.Andrews surely? And even if it does this season people will expect to see a bit more meat on the bones of this plan in the next year or two or they'll become disillusioned.

As said previously, the fact the Uni have also issued the joint statement gives me a lot more confidence than if it had been a sisu only announcement.
Yeah it’s a very bold way to try and buy a bit of political capital with the fans. Obviously stadium stuff has been announced before but this has a bit more weight behind it and if there are anymore false dawns regarding stadiums nobody will ever believe a word they say. Seems a big risk just to defer any criticism of playing at St Andrews next season.

ms639

i just don't see what's in it for them using this strategy though now we're in the Championship. If this is as good as it's going to get why not sell now? It's not going to pull that many people to St.Andrews surely? And even if it does this season people will expect to see a bit more meat on the bones of this plan in the next year or two or they'll become disillusioned.

As said previously, the fact the Uni have also issued the joint statement gives me a lot more confidence than if it had been a sisu only announcement.

Fair play mate I take your point and if anything I envy your optimism, I just hope you're right!

Magwitch

A question, how long would it take let’s say we start in August to buy the land, get planning procedure done and dusted, build suitable infrastructure , roads etc. and build one stand (we can have temporary stands for the others) Seems to me it’ll be a long haul.
Also being in the Warwick uni area wonder if our Joe will be happy with another major project on his door step

clint van damme

Fair play mate I take your point and if anything I envy your optimism, I just hope you're right!

equally I don't blame anyone for scepticism, I just think there could be more to this than bluster but time will tell.

Frostie

Fully understand scepticism but as most have said Warwick Uni are no mugs & everything we know so far is totally in keeping with what Joy & Dave told Mark & Pete back in February including the 5 year rent deal etc:

Looks like Shrewsbury is the similar model we'd look to adopt which makes sense given the mooted costs & the ability to expand etc.

Liquid Gold

Fully understand scepticism but as most have said Warwick Uni are no mugs & everything we know so far is totally in keeping with what Joy & Dave told Mark & Pete back in February including the 5 year rent deal etc:

Looks like Shrewsbury is the similar model we'd look to adopt which makes sense given the mooted costs & the ability to expand etc.
10,000 capacity £11m to build.

cc84cov

I hope not their ground is shite

SBT

That's what we're aiming for? Shrewsbury? Can't say I'm doing cartwheels at that.

cc84cov

Surely this isn’t the aim ? 🤣

Attachments

• 65FDD68E-50FB-4024-A9A2-812DD764F3D4.jpeg
    65FDD68E-50FB-4024-A9A2-812DD764F3D4.jpeg
    224.8 KB · Views: 60

Si80

I just can’t see this as happening and it’s a bluff to force Wasps hand for a deal / stake at The Ricoh.

People moan that the Ricoh is shit to get too. Warwick Uni / Gibbert Hill on any given day of the week, let alone a Saturday at 3pm will be carnage. The A45 will be an absolute clusterfuck.

Spent years playing hockey at Westwood / Warwick Uni and travelling into there has always been shite. If this goes ahead we’ve done exactly the same as what happened with the Ricoh with regards to a shit location for all transport means.

Peter Billing

Seems very similar to the situation with Brighton and their eventual tie up with the University of Brighton on the land at Falmer. If we get close to that it's a very good outcome. I thought Falmer was a bit limited in terms of transportation when we played there few seasons back, they manage a slightly awkward but still quite effective match day park and ride, whereas here there seems to be more potential for integrated travel into and around the city. Great news.

Nick

Administrator
The Telegraph are already quoting Keiran Maguire that a stadium will be £100m as a headline.

SBT

I think it's a tidy little ground, double it in size, which is what we're aiming to start at, and you've got something decent.

Have to disagree with you unfortunately. Just from an access point of view alone, it's awful. I can't honestly believe many fans come away from a trip to Shrewsbury thinking "Yes - this is what my club should aspire to"

Users who are viewing this thread