New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

hill83

200.gif

Sky Blue Pete

What does Maton mean? I don’t think I’ve seen a partnership like this before. The only thing that would have added to it was a supportive comment from warwick district council.

Terry Gibson's perm

Seems a positive move and although on the wrong side of own town for me it’s not about me. People like Maton don’t need to worry as they are not welcome at The Mark Robins Arena (we could name our standing area after Jimmy Hill).

I imagine the land is clean so we don’t have to pay for decontamination a couple of times.

Liquid Gold

The Telegraph are already quoting Keiran Maguire that a stadium will be £100m as a headline.
Maguire has shown he hasn't got a clue when talking about City, they only trot him out as he gives a massively negative view, same as David Conn.

ajsccfc

Don’t know if it’s been said anywhere, what do Warwick uni get out of it? If we’re having the whole stadium - what’s the benefit to them

I'd guess shared use of facilities in some form, a main one would be that any proper plans would help with local infrastructure improvements they already want to make

Bugsy

Corrado

I just can’t see this as happening and it’s a bluff to force Wasps hand for a deal / stake at The Ricoh.

People moan that the Ricoh is shit to get too. Warwick Uni / Gibbert Hill on any given day of the week, let alone a Saturday at 3pm will be carnage. The A45 will be an absolute clusterfuck.

Spent years playing hockey at Westwood / Warwick Uni and travelling into there has always been shite. If this goes ahead we’ve done exactly the same as what happened with the Ricoh with regards to a shit location for all transport means.

Well dont drive - use public transport and your legs! Problem solved

CCFC88

Links to a professional sports club to improve courses from business to sports science. Lure more foreign students to fill the flats with a football team on campus. Leeds Met have similar set up with both Rugby League and Union teams

Kneeza

Links to a professional sports club to improve courses from business to sports science. Lure more foreign students to fill the flats with a football team on campus. Leeds Met have similar set up with both Rugby League and Union teams
Leeds RU are basically a busted flush and are leaving Headingley as they can't afford it (particularly on crowds in the low hundreds!).

Gibbo

Haven't scrolled through everything so if this is repetitive sorry
  • If our source is right SISU have probably made several approaches to the University
  • In retrospect they are an obvious partner - land / outside CCC area but in 'Coventry' / non-competing usage / scale
  • Promotion may just have convinced the Univ that they can allow the talks to go public
  • The commitment is so loose that either party can back out with no great loss of face
  • You can bet they have identified a bit of land, but maybe not in detail. Or else it would not have got even this far.
  • Univ might want leverage with CCC as well. Or might need revenue to replace Chinese students, who knows?
  • I think we should call the ground Kenilworth Road ...... oh, maybe not.

CCFC88

Leeds RU are basically a busted flush and are leaving Headingley as they can't afford it (particularly on crowds in the low hundreds!).
They are now yes, when I was there Tykes/Carnegie were a decent championship/lower prem side

Just showing how a uni/pro sports club can benefit both partys

oldfiver

I agree. Think separate stands looks like a throwback to the 70s, but we are very much in a minority here who would have it all black and white and enforced flat caps on all supporters given the chance ;)

I have a couple of flat caps but they do have a button on top !

Frostie

I agree. Think separate stands looks like a throwback to the 70s, but we are very much in a minority here who would have it all black and white and enforced flat caps on all supporters given the chance ;)

That's how it's expanded, extra seats added in the corners.

Users who are viewing this thread