New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (7 Viewers)

robbiekeane

That was true in the old days (2000-2010 ish). But the league is on much more solid footing these days and has now cemented itself for good. As such, all the new stadiums being built are much, much nicer and will be around for decades to come.

Here are the renderings of the stadium being built for my club, Nashville SC. Link to Video "Flythrough"

Nashville-SC-stadium-rendering-August-2019-3-1024x682.jpg

0a156734-4eed-4c49-9baa-6c7e3b057b6b-NSC_Stadium_Renderings-06.JPG
Around your neck of the woods in March/April!

Brylowes

The VLR map is a bit inaccurate, isn't it? They have put Kings Hill north of the A45 and it is south of there.
These type of transport maps are never geographically correct are they, the London Underground map is miles out but they’re done in a way that supposedly makes them easier to follow.
But surely eleven VLR stations wouldn’t be sufficient to keep the people of Coventry on the move, that map only shows one station to service the whole of north Coventry.

Otis

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

These type of transport maps are never geographically correct are they, the London Underground map is miles out but they’re done in a way that supposedly makes them easier to follow.
But surely eleven VLR stations wouldn’t be sufficient to keep the people of Coventry on the move, that map only shows one station to service the whole of north Coventry.

But it doesn't even work as a schematic map (like the tube map) as the location of Kings Hill is so far removed from reality. It's a dog's dinner of a map considering how much money is being thrown at the project.

shmmeee

But it doesn't even work as a schematic map (like the tube map) as the location of Kings Hill is so far removed from reality. It's a dog's dinner of a map considering how much money is being thrown at the project.

It’s not the location of Kings Hill, it’s the location of the station paid for by the Kings Hill development.

The map is fine.

Woodingdean_Sky_Blue

It’s not the location of Kings Hill, it’s the location of the station paid for by the Kings Hill development.

The map is fine.

The map isn't fine, it's wrong.

By overlaying the Very Light Rail (VLR) map and the Warwickshire County Council (WCC) Option 3 map on to a road map (Michelin) you can see how ridiculous what you say is.

The VLR map is appalling quality (it is skewed from north and some of the existing road and rail features have been drawn slightly out of proportion and following slightly incorrect courses). A 'best fit' of the VLR map on an accurate road map places Kings Hill station approximately on top of the Robins and Day Peugeot garage on Leamington Road. It marks the Coventry South Station as being somewhere to the just off the Kenilworth Road between the A45 and Gibbet Hill Road (near Cannon Hill Road and the side entrance to the Bishop Ullathorne School site).

The WCC map is pretty good quality (proportions check out well against a range of other source maps I have access to). The WCC map places the Kings Hill station on Kenilworth Road and approximately opposite the entrance to Cryfield Grange Road - that's 1.75 miles from where the VLR map positions it.

Map overlays.jpg

Otis

The map isn't fine, it's wrong.

By overlaying the Very Light Rail (VLR) map and the Warwickshire County Council (WCC) Option 3 map on to a road map (Michelin) you can see how ridiculous what you say is.

The VLR map is appalling quality (it is skewed from north and some of the existing road and rail features have been drawn slightly out of proportion and following slightly incorrect courses). A 'best fit' of the VLR map on an accurate road map places Kings Hill station approximately on top of the Robins and Day Peugeot garage on Leamington Road. It marks the Coventry South Station as being somewhere to the just off the Kenilworth Road between the A45 and Gibbet Hill Road (near Cannon Hill Road and the side entrance to the Bishop Ullathorne School site).

The WCC map is pretty good quality (proportions check out well against a range of other source maps I have access to). The WCC map places the Kings Hill station on Kenilworth Road and approximately opposite the entrance to Cryfield Grange Road - that's 1.75 miles from where the VLR map positions it.

View attachment 18324
Yup. Definitely a wonky helicopter blade

SBT

So assuming reports of this new Ricoh deal are accurate, are we supposed to believe that our new stadium will take a minimum of seven more years to complete?

Does anyone seriously think this is still happening?

Terry Gibson's perm

So assuming reports of this new Ricoh deal are accurate, are we supposed to believe that our new stadium will take a minimum of seven more years to complete?

I don’t think it will happen but I would say seven years for a project of that size with no current planning permission in a city where the council don’t like the football team would be about right

chiefdave

Don't think many people seriously thought it was happening to start with did they? But if you did 7 years would probably be a reasonable minimum timeframe.

My hope is that any deal is a rolling deal rather than us having to go through all this again in 10 years time.

cc84cov

It was never happening

SBT

Don't think many people seriously thought it was happening to start with did they? But if you did 7 years would probably be a reasonable minimum timeframe.

My hope is that any deal is a rolling deal rather than us having to go through all this again in 10 years time.

I believe the official position of this board is that we are "delighted" with the original stadium announcement, is it not?

Last year's initial plan was for a stadium within five years - what's changed in the last few months that means we have to lock ourselves into the hated RIcoh for an extra three years of supposed financial ruin?

shmmeee

Would be good to get the links going anyway and maybe even get planning permission in the meantime.

Can’t help but wonder if this isn’t all set up for a sale/outside investment.

Grendel

I believe the official position of this board is that we are "delighted" with the original stadium announcement, is it not?

Last year's initial plan was for a stadium within five years - what's changed in the last few months that means we have to lock ourselves into the hated RIcoh for an extra three years of supposed financial ruin?

Most people on here thought it was nonsense

Seamus1

You can get rid of a lot of toxic councillors in 7 years!
Sadly not a chance in Coventry. A slug would win a council vote if you put a Labour sticker on it. Stuck with the likes of O’Boyle and Maton and their stuck in the past view of building factories for however long they want to be there.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

tbf we should have moved into this 3-4 years ago.

0_JS30435257.jpg

Grendel

Nice try at gaslighting, but you only have to click back to page 1 of this thread and you can't move for celebration gifs and exclamation marks

Then you have the laughable "Forum statement" I mentioned about how delighted we all supposedly were about the announcement: Forum Statement on New Stadium Announcement

Looked silly then, looks even more silly now imo

Most people thought it was nonsense

The forum statement is I assume one or two people

SBT

Most people thought it was nonsense

The forum statement is I assume one or two people

Have the mods tried switching him off and on again? Think PartridgeBot is broken.

The forum statement (and the dozens of people who liked it and commented their approval of it) is there for all to see

Grendel

Have the mods tried switching him off and on again? Think PartridgeBot is broken.

The forum statement (and the dozens of people who liked it and commented their approval of it) is there for all to see

The forum statement was signed by two people with vague comments from a few people saying it looks ok, it was hardly dozens and it actually on page 1 descended into an argument on indemnity clauses

you can’t as i am sure you know anyway make an approved statement on behalf of several hundred people

Even the statement stressed an urgency to return to Coventry anyway which was the primary concern

SBT

The forum statement was signed by two people with vague comments from a few people saying it looks ok, it was hardly dozens and it actually on page 1 descended into an argument on indemnity clauses

you can’t as i am sure you know anyway make an approved statement on behalf of several hundred people

Even the statement stressed an urgency to return to Coventry anyway which was the primary concern

Well I refuse to believe a thread about our stadium situation quickly descended into an indemnity clause argument, truly this must have been an unprecedented situation on Sky Blues Talk

Like I said - people can look for themselves at the post and who liked it and judge whether it was a well-received sentiment or not. As you mention, the fact there was a statement at all is bizarre - not that it stopped dozens of people (64 actually) from liking it anyway.

chiefdave

Not sure there's much wrong with that statement to be honest. It says we look forward to seeing more details but need to be back at the Ricoh in the interim.

If we are now back at the Ricoh, hopefully with some level of stability, they can bang on about a new stadium as much as they like.

Grendel

Well I refuse to believe a thread about our stadium situation quickly descended into an indemnity clause argument, truly this must have been an unprecedented situation on Sky Blues Talk

Like I said - people can look for themselves at the post and who liked it and judge whether it was a well-received sentiment or not. As you mention, the fact there was a statement at all is bizarre - not that it stopped dozens of people (64 actually) from liking it anyway.

It doesn’t mean they supported the ground plan does it?

fernandopartridge

What are you trying to prove? The reaction was one of hope not jubilation.

fernandopartridge

Why have you mentioned me? I had nothing to do with the forum statement and my first post on the topic is that it was a bit vague and no actual site identified.

SBT

It doesn’t mean they supported the ground plan does it?

Perhaps, or perhaps not, but it means they clearly didn't think it was nonsense.
What are you trying to prove? The reaction was one of hope not jubilation.

I hope to one day be a billionaire, but if 'Big' Dave Boddy announces that him and the University of Warwick are going to make it happen for me, I wouldn't rush to say how delighted I was unless I thought they actually meant it.

Nick

Administrator
Looks like SBT has been fired up again, only usually like this when somebody says something about a journalist.

"As supporters of Coventry City we are delighted by the joint statement from CCFC and Warwick University. It is all the more pleasing given the assurances we received earlier this year from Dave Boddy & Joy Seppala on the priority that CCFC and Sisu were placing on having a stadium of our own and their desire to have continued close relationships between the supporters, the club and the owners.

In the short term, we hope that efforts to return to the Ricoh Arena in the interim period continue to be prioritised. It remains of the utmost importance to Coventry City fans for the club to be playing in the city of Coventry during this period. We continue to expect all involved parties to continue to work towards achieving this common aim, however, if this is not possible then transparency is needed as to the reasons why an agreement has not been made. Any deal to return to the Ricoh Arena must not put the long term future of the club at risk.

We look forward to seeing further plans for the development of the stadium in the near future and we hope that this process will be carried out in collaboration with, and support from, all fans groups.

On behalf of the Sky Blues Talk community"

The majority of it is about returning to the Ricoh.

Where in that does it say "we fully believe there will be new stadium?" It says we look forward to seeing plans and hopefully it involves the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread