New Stadium Announcement!!!!!! (4 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

I don’t think you’ve read the whole thread. The crux of SBT argument was that people want a new stadium and that the statement is proof of that and that was the view of the forum - he referred to the 64 likes as evidence of that to sustain his point - the nonsense statement was referencing the stadium build comment he was referencing
Ah thanks - untriggered

mark82

Of course! And it's also a decent indication that people think it could happen, right?

Anything "could" happen. All I'd say is that the club line has been consistent that they want to build a stadium. Nothing in the Ricoh agreement is likely to change that. I don't really care as long as we play in Coventry. I don't think anyone is or was willing to go all in on believing it was definitely happening. Think most of us have been CCFC fans long enough not to get sold on words alone.

Gregbant

And they begin.

I think most people agree with this view, don't they? I don't think there is a load of Cov fans sitting out there who believe that we are building a new stadium. There will of course be some, it's got to be a minority though.
I seem to recall I was a bit shocked when the FL league hinted at it when we first moved to Northampton.
The FL said something about people saying and doing things when they are trying to get a deal done. That they are not sure we will build a stadium. (words to the effect of).
I remember hearing it and I was aghast that we we allowed to move so far out of the city in such circumstances. It was the moment I realised how powerless and weak the FL actually are in the grand scheme of things.

Sky Blue Pete

I think most people agree with this view, don't they? I don't think there is a load of Cov fans sitting out there who believe that we are building a new stadium. There will of course be some, it's got to be a minority though.
I seem to recall I was a bit shocked when the FL league hinted at it when we first moved to Northampton.
The FL said something about people saying and doing things when they are trying to get a deal done. That they are not sure we will build a stadium. (words to the effect of).
I remember hearing it and I was aghast that we we allowed to move so far out of the city in such circumstances. It was the moment I realised how powerless and weak the FL actually are in the grand scheme of things.
I suppose they could just kick us out of the competition, that would be being tough and strong. When we spoke with Ms Seppalla she spoke very highly of how the football league has been very supportive and helpful. It made me rethink their role. Especially the second time we couldn’t play at the Ricoh

NorthernWisdom

I suppose they could just kick us out of the competition, that would be being tough and strong. When we spoke with Ms Seppalla she spoke very highly of how the football league has been very supportive and helpful. It made me rethink their role. Especially the second time we couldn’t play at the Ricoh
tbf they've been more than supportive of SISU, let them move the club around the Midlands at will. Whether that's showing strong leadership from the football league is another argument (again).

mark82

tbf they've been more than supportive of SISU, let them move the club around the Midlands at will. Whether that's showing strong leadership from the football league is another argument (again).

The football league is a collection of member clubs. I'm not sure other owners would vote against one of their members in such a circumstance.

Sky Blue Pete

Yep I get that. It felt like more than that. The alternative may have been to kick us out of the competition is that what we’d prefer ? It’s not what I’d prefer

Nick

Administrator

I meant the dodgy as fuck account signing up to try and push something in particular......

oscillatewildly

Now it looks like it's a done deal shouldn't we be thinking about getting a banner done, thanking W%*×$? (In a round about fashion - If you know what I mean)

Gregbant

I meant the dodgy as fuck account signing up to try and push something in particular......

I prefer to call it expressing my opinion. I think that's what forums are for?
I take it you genuinely believe we are building a new stadium then? If so that's your opinion and you are welcome to it. I completely disagree with you, however I don't see that as a big drama.
My dodgy account? My name isn't Bant, I routinely use a VPN, my email address is the one I use for Internet forums. I would hope that makes me sensible as oppose to dodgy. It is your choice of course if you want your real name and parts of your life on an Internet forum. I never would do that personally.
I can only guess, the real issue is I have a different opinion to you. If I have the same opinion as you, then my account becomes purely a dodgy account that is not pushing anything in particular.

Gregbant

I never needed to consider their role until this happened. When it did happen it was quite an eye opener. They really have very little power, effectively as long as we fulfil our fixtures. As long as we tell them it isn't permanent, as long as we pay a bond. That's it really as far as I could make out. If suited SISU we could had potentially sat in Northampton for 10 years.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I prefer to call it expressing my opinion. I think that's what forums are for?
I take it you genuinely believe we are building a new stadium then? If so that's your opinion and you are welcome to it. I completely disagree with you, however I don't see that as a big drama.
My dodgy account? My name isn't Bant, I routinely use a VPN, my email address is the one I use for Internet forums. I would hope that makes me sensible as oppose to dodgy. It is your choice of course if you want your real name and parts of your life on an Internet forum. I never would do that personally.
I can only guess, the real issue is I have a different opinion to you. If I have the same opinion as you, then my account becomes purely a dodgy account that is not pushing anything in particular.
No-one cares if you have a different opinion, it's more the subject matter of new user's posts. I also find it a bit odd that someone would join this forum and then launch straight into whether we're going to build a new ground or not. I'd say it's pretty low down on the vast majority of fan's concerns at the mo.

Anywho, we'll see. I look forward to your insightful comments on Max's xG/ref's performance etc... (y)

NorthernWisdom

No-one cares if you have a different opinion, it's more the subject matter of new user's posts. I also find it a bit odd that someone would join this forum and then launch straight into whether we're going to build a new ground or not. I'd say it's pretty low down on the vast majority of fan's concerns at the mo.

Anywho, we'll see. I look forward to your insightful comments on Max's xG/ref's performance etc... (y)
tbf, our hopes of seeing the Max of the future (cyber-Max?) kind of depend on the foundations being right.

Sky Blue Pete

I never needed to consider their role until this happened. When it did happen it was quite an eye opener. They really have very little power, effectively as long as we fulfil our fixtures. As long as we tell them it isn't permanent, as long as we pay a bond. That's it really as far as I could make out. If suited SISU we could had potentially sat in Northampton for 10 years.
It’s more what they are able to agree to

Gregbant

It’s more what they are able to agree to

They don't really have an enforcement type of role, I incorrectly assumed they would have. Interesting really, owners of clubs really do hold all the power, in these circumstances. Hopefully it is all behind us now anyway. I think a ten year deal opens the door to a realistic possibility of a sale.

Speedies_Chips

I find it odd that the subject matter of anybody’s first post is scrutinised under the assumption they have some sort of agenda.

Gregbant

No worries. It was the first thread on the list, so no conspiracy there I am afraid. I wish I was that more interesting, in reality I am just a very opinionated pleb, if truth be told.
It's just my genuine opinion on that topic. I did also and will continue to post on other topics tbf, although those posts did get a less hostile response 😂😂.
Max... I am in the I love him camp, he was encouraged to move on but stayed fought hard for his chance and here he is.
Ref's... I need a match for that one, will let you know after Derby.
xG, sorry I need a better clue on xG.
I hope not knowing what xG means doesn't mean I am pushing an agenda, like posting on the first thread on the list seems to have done 😂😂😂

Users who are viewing this thread