New Kit (2 Viewers)

Alkhen

In case this is of interest to anyone, in the process of making these I had to clean up the club badge that’s available as SVG on wikipedia, so if anybody wants a monochrome version for their own messing around just give me a shout.

View attachment 16114

Hey man you wouldnt hook me up with the monochrome badge would you? just about to do the away kit for pes and this could help a LOT :)

Reactions: TTG

Speedies_Chips

View attachment 16646saw this image on twitter had a few fans with high praise from other clubs... I have to say I really think this will be a cult classic, I think it's my favourite city top in my 36 years if I'm being totally honest 🤷‍♂️
With those folds/creases running from his armpits up to his neck, I'm not sure if the shirt is a a bad fit or whether he rushed and hasn't put it on properly.

Ring Of Steel

Man Utd reckon they make something like £250million in replica kit sales per year, thats before training stuff, souvenirs & all that tat- the figures are ridiculous when you get near the upper echelons of the game. Juventus sold 520,000 "Ronaldo" shirts in 24 hours flat when he joined them, 25% of his transfer fee paid back in one day.

But none of those losers have Hummel shirts 💪

Liquid Gold

Clubs make pretty much fuck ll from individual shirt sales. The manufacturer pays them to make the shirt and that's where they get the majority of the money from. Clubs will get 0% of sales under a certain figure then something like 2% over and 5% over a huge number. It's not big money apart from the contract. Adidas would have made a killing off the Juve Ronaldo shirts, not Juve.

Skybluemichael

Man Utd reckon they make something like £250million in replica kit sales per year, thats before training stuff, souvenirs & all that tat- the figures are ridiculous when you get near the upper echelons of the game. Juventus sold 520,000 "Ronaldo" shirts in 24 hours flat when he joined them, 25% of his transfer fee paid back in one day.

Where you getting that from you are overestimating buy double and that’s Business Model

Marty

Man U club shop is something else, Literally had walls of printed shirts, ready to be sold, iirc the big stars like Pogba had their own walls, with hundreds of shirts all printed up in different sizes.

djr8369

I was putting off getting a kit as I don’t really want to get one everyone season but it’s growing on me more and more. Also want to spend some money to help the club while we can’t go to games but maybe a kit isn’t the best way.

withnail

It’s just that weird stuck on ribero 91/92 Mick quinn pattern bit... I’mTrying to like it but it just doesn’t look right Stopping on the sides like it does. itLooks half finished. On SaturdayThey looked like they were all running around in aprons.

wingy

It’s just that weird stuck on ribero 91/92 Mick quinn pattern bit... I’mTrying to like it but it just doesn’t look right Stopping on the sides like it does. itLooks half finished. On SaturdayThey looked like they were all running around in aprons.
Hehe.

kapowaz

Clubs make pretty much fuck ll from individual shirt sales. The manufacturer pays them to make the shirt and that's where they get the majority of the money from. Clubs will get 0% of sales under a certain figure then something like 2% over and 5% over a huge number. It's not big money apart from the contract. Adidas would have made a killing off the Juve Ronaldo shirts, not Juve.

This is true for the mega clubs who get a massive signing on bonus for going with a given manufacturer, but it's not the case for basically anyone outside that top tier of Champions League-type clubs. Certainly for CCFC there will be revenue driven by the number of shirts sold, rather than them receiving an up-front payment from Hummel. That’s much safer for the manufacturers who have no guarantees that the club will be particularly prominent during the duration of the deal (think about how we dropped a division under Nike).

kapowaz

Man U club shop is something else, Literally had walls of printed shirts, ready to be sold, iirc the big stars like Pogba had their own walls, with hundreds of shirts all printed up in different sizes.

I went into the Toronto Blue Jays club shop in the Rogers Centre when I was in Toronto last summer and it was astonishing just how big scale sports merchandise is over there. It’s like you say, they have pre-printed named shirts for all their major stars, in all the variants, along with an entire wall of different New Era baseball caps.

Liquid Gold

This is true for the mega clubs who get a massive signing on bonus for going with a given manufacturer, but it's not the case for basically anyone outside that top tier of Champions League-type clubs. Certainly for CCFC there will be revenue driven by the number of shirts sold, rather than them receiving an up-front payment from Hummel. That’s much safer for the manufacturers who have no guarantees that the club will be particularly prominent during the duration of the deal (think about how we dropped a division under Nike).
Yeah I agree it works differently the lower down you go. It just weirdly boils my piss when someone says x player repaid their transfer fee in shirt sales when talking about mega clubs. It’s a rumour that was dispelled years ago.

chiefdave

This has been all over twitter but surely its a fake. Can't believe this could get to manufacture without someone objecting.

EhIpzEPVoAYjGS9.jpeg

Greggs

Any clue on what our 'limited edition' season ticket shirts are going to look like?

Users who are viewing this thread