New Kit (1 Viewer)

kapowaz

Everton away kit:

hummel-everton-20-21-away-kit-4.jpg

mark82

50/50 between really nice and boring!

Not quite sure what i think yet! I'd be very surprised if we dont have either an odd colour (purple and yellow) or crazy pattern this year.

Yeah, Everton are much more traditional in their kits. Only so much you can do. Think that's why they like working with us so much, they're allowed to try something a bit different.

kapowaz

Couple more new Hummel kits announced today, this time CD Castellón in Spain:

cd-castellon-20-21-home-away-kits-3.jpg

cd-castellon-20-21-home-away-kits-2.jpg

These are both particularly interesting in that they have a different collar to almost all the other Hummel kits released this summer, plus a unique pattern inside the stripes derived from their chevrons. I’d say this could work really well for us with sky blue stripes.

The Nomad

These are both particularly interesting in that they have a different collar to almost all the other Hummel kits released this summer, plus a unique pattern inside the stripes derived from their chevrons. I’d say this could work really well for us with sky blue stripes.

Would be happy with that collar. Simple is best.

lordy_87

Class them

Skyblueweeman

'Right lads...new kit...the launch needs to really say something about where we're going as a club...the prestige...the pride...the honour. Any ideas on a location that would be suitable?'

'Yes boss, what about the garages down on the Abbots estate?'

'Great idea...love it'

cooperskyblue

I think we will reveal it next Friday. 14th August just under a month before season starts as Boddy had mentioned that about the kit being revealed 'a month before.
Obviously I hope it is sooner. Excited to see it but I'll buy it whatever it looks like probably as long as it isn't like the tesco carrier bag league 1 relegation one.

Skybluedownunder

I think we will reveal it next Friday. 14th August just under a month before season starts as Boddy had mentioned that about the kit being revealed 'a month before.
Obviously I hope it is sooner. Excited to see it but I'll buy it whatever it looks like probably as long as it isn't like the tesco carrier bag league 1 relegation one.

Need to announce a bloody sponsor first.

[mention]kapowaz [/mention] can you please be our kit designer, bloody love your work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJB1983

All the others I’ve seen seem to have a nod to a kit from the clubs past or to the club or towns history.
Now we’ve had some ‘iconic’ kits, the Talbot and admiral ones... others that were ‘interesting’ (the Ribero ones) but in the main all we’ve got is plain sky blue or the stripes.... a lot of them have been generally meh...

wouldn’t have thought they’d go for one where we had a crap season...bad memories and all that.

I reckon if it’s stripes it’ll be a nod to 87, or the 1997-1998 le coq sportif kits where the badge formed part of the design.
If plain it’ll be a nod to the admiral.

AJB1983

And the only reason I wouldn’t say go for the jimmy hill era kit is because the rehash of that one was what we were relegated from championship in.

lifeskyblue

The talk about a pink kit a few days ago....quite like the cerise pink of the Madrid kit tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy_Martian

One historically famous kit we’ve yet to have a retro nod to is the mid 70s Admiral kits, solid sky blue with the thin strips down the sides. That could work well.

Ah, the tram lines kit. My first one and the first I actually played real football at my primary school in. Got a merit from Teach for playing in shirt,shorts and socks. Us, Wales and Leeds had the same kit design for those years, IIRC. Nice memories but looking at how it would be achieved today (3 colours printed on a plain shirt), it would lose it's originality and lessen the effect. That and the early 80s T Talbot design were thought provoking but are guaranteed to be left in the memory cells as "Not to be used again".

For some reason (probably a successful campaign in 86/87), we always seem to be linked to sky blue and white stripes when I believe 84-85 was the first time we'd ever worn such a shirt. So to replicate the Hill Years and our successful rush up the league, a return to full sky blue (maybe a flair on the shoulders and sides) would be more in our mould.

kapowaz

For some reason (probably a successful campaign in 86/87), we always seem to be linked to sky blue and white stripes when I believe 84-85 was the first time we'd ever worn such a shirt.

According to Historical Kits, we wore sky blue and white stripes a couple of times in the 1910s, then post-WWI we switched to royal blue in place of sky blue in all our kits up until the Jimmy Hill era. In that period striped blue and white did feature several times, so as much as some people might not like it, I’d say stripes are in our DNA.

For me I like that we have the option of switching it up a bit by having stripes sometimes and not others; compared to the likes of (say) Liverpool, or Newcastle, whose kits are very prescriptively solid red, or black and white stripes no matter what.

Users who are viewing this thread