New Kit (3 Viewers)

jordan210

New Hummel Northampton kits out now, not mind-blowing but quite like the away design

14035892b7e3982b25bfdddb5b824640.jpg

Could have given them clean boots

kapowaz

Still no new kit announcement? I’m really starting to get impatient! I guess that means I can throw out a few random combinations of shades for some more concepts?

ccfc-2020-home-shirt-v9a.jpg

kapowaz

Some of these definitely work better than others, btw… I think maybe my favourite is the mid-sky blue with lighter sky blue stripes, navy cuffs and collar. I’m sure I’m way off the mark compared to the real deal by now though.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Some of these definitely work better than others, btw… I think maybe my favourite is the mid-sky blue with lighter sky blue stripes, navy cuffs and collar. I’m sure I’m way off the mark compared to the real deal by now though.
I'll take them all, cheers!
Was just going to say they’re all decent. Think I prefer the white collar / cuffs but not too fussed either way.

Mucca Mad Boys

I wonder how much business Hummell got after our kits did so well?

Probably influenced a lot of lower league clubs. The trend seems to be that the bespoke designs are attracting clubs to sign with them. Looking at our Nike kits, and the lack of effort put into Pompey, PNE’s and Peterborough’s kits would put me off using them. Very lazy, basic templates.

Hadji's_Goatee

Probably influenced a lot of lower league clubs. The trend seems to be that the bespoke designs are attracting clubs to sign with them. Looking at our Nike kits, and the lack of effort put into Pompey, PNE’s and Peterborough’s kits would put me off using them. Very lazy, basic templates.
Interesting that as of this season, Nike have officially said they are no longer doing template kits – finally the penny has dropped, after all the bad press, and maybe the fact that Hummel are doing a massive disruptive grab on lower league teams, that's gotta have hurt.

“We’re ditching the templates,” Heidi Burgett tweeted (Nike’s senior director of global communications). “For the 2020 kits, Nike designers had 65 chassis options available to them across varying necklines, sleeves, cuffs, badge placement, etc.
“From hand-drawn prints to custom fonts, each team’s look will be its own.”

Sounds like we're entering a golden era of kit designs, lots of bespoke stuff going on from sport brands.

Mucca Mad Boys

Interesting that as of this season, Nike have officially said they are no longer doing template kits – finally the penny has dropped, after all the bad press, and maybe the fact that Hummel are doing a massive disruptive grab on lower league teams, that's gotta have hurt.

“We’re ditching the templates,” Heidi Burgett tweeted (Nike’s senior director of global communications). “For the 2020 kits, Nike designers had 65 chassis options available to them across varying necklines, sleeves, cuffs, badge placement, etc.

Sounds like we're entering a golden era of kit designs, lots of bespoke stuff going on from sport brands.

Some of the template stuff was not great at all. I thought our last two Nike kits were nice, to be fair.

If I was a supporter of most of the L1 or L2 sponsored by Nike, I’d be

I was sceptical of Hummel as a sponsor, namely because I associated them with Villa. Seeing the attention given to our kits, and frankly, the nice, original designs of the kits - you’ve got to give them full credit.

A great number of the Hummel kits look really good. Southend is a good example of ditching the Nike template and moving to a move bespoke design - and their kit looks a lot better!

Competition in the marketplace doing football fans a solid!

Mucca Mad Boys

Personally I think Portsmouth’s kit this season is a cracker, it’s very reminiscent of their early 90s Asics kit:

0030631_ss-home-jsy-20-21-adult.jpeg

img_4070.jpg

This is since Nike has dropped the templates they used last season, right?

That kit is really nice, and the challenge from smaller kit makers has probably prompted Nike to give the attention clubs like Pompey deserve on their kits.

I’m not a massive fan of the collar, but overall I’d be pretty happy wearing a kit like that.

kapowaz

They've moved away from templates to "Chassis options" surely that's just another fancy phrase for a template

Let’s be real here: no team outside the top-tier sides in the Champions League are going to get fully-bespoke kits, and even then there’s brand value for those manufacturers in them having some sort of thematic consistency. There is always going to be some template basis to them, but what matters most is how the elements combine to create something distinct. I think Nike recognises they went too far towards a system where there weren’t enough variables to create something distinct, so you ended up with kits where they were essentially identical to off-the-shelf team wear, with the addition of a badge and sponsor. If you look at a lot of Hummel’s kits this year the same is true: there’s only a limited number of patterns, and the uniqueness generally stems from the colour scheme, club badge and sponsor.

Still, there is value in having a big brand make the kit even if it is mostly template-driven, since they have access to the best manufacturing chain and the quality of the final garments is usually exceptionally high.

skybluesam66

Let’s be real here: no team outside the top-tier sides in the Champions League are going to get fully-bespoke kits, and even then there’s brand value for those manufacturers in them having some sort of thematic consistency. There is always going to be some template basis to them, but what matters most is how the elements combine to create something distinct. I think Nike recognises they went too far towards a system where there weren’t enough variables to create something distinct, so you ended up with kits where they were essentially identical to off-the-shelf team wear, with the addition of a badge and sponsor. If you look at a lot of Hummel’s kits this year the same is true: there’s only a limited number of patterns, and the uniqueness generally stems from the colour scheme, club badge and sponsor.

Still, there is value in having a big brand make the kit even if it is mostly template-driven, since they have access to the best manufacturing chain and the quality of the final garments is usually exceptionally high.
I would argue ours are fully bespoke

Senior Vick from Alicante

If the new Liverpool kit is anything to go on Hummel don't have anything to worry about.

mark82

The pattern isn’t, though; it was shared by several teams last season. What made it properly unique was the printed design, but that’s the easiest part to change.

By all accounts it was designed for us and used by others though. The 3rd kit was a bespoke design.

kapowaz

What other teams used the same pattern?

Most of them in League One/Two, like Oldham, Cambridge etc. To be clear by ‘pattern’ I don’t mean the stripes, I mean the literal construction of the shirt, i.e. the shape of the collar, the use of raglan sleeves etc. Once you have that template you can change what gets printed on the specific fabric you use but have them constructed the exact same way.

wingy

What is it about a week to go?
Get a mock up out so we can get the pre orders going

COME ON!!
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread