New kit announced in the coming days (2 Viewers)

Astute

Yh i stay at this weight to use my height and reach advantage ,always been gangly orthodox and loved to fight on the outside (rocket jab) but i happily switch hit to get inside and pound my right hook in!

It will work! Boxing is different to any other sport i found, total mental and physical dedication needed to survive. Unlike other sports you don't 'play' boxing!

Nowadays gyms are full of these big steroid abusers, i would happily do 36 minutes with any of them!

I looked at it as a game of chess. My way was to stand my ground or walk forward. No wasted energy. Jab away and score points. They then knew they had to come forward and attack. But instead of going backwards I would then start to use my right (my hammer) and that would normally end it. Amateur refs don't like anyone taking punishment and will stop the fight.

36 minutes? Most of them would be lucky to last 3.6 minutes. Too slow and their muscles burn up quickly. I am past it now with my age. That is why I left it to do something where thought wins and not a big fuel tank. But even in my state of 1 fully fit arm I would have a big chance of winning as I still have my hammer. Just jab away with the dodgy one. Non boxers have not got a clue how fit you need to be just to be able to do 4 rounds. Think my maximum would be 3 now. And that is at a push.

I hope you enjoy it while you can. You are always 1 injury away from having to give it up. And there isn't much to give you the buzz as getting in the ring.

James Smith

For crying out loud, it's June 10th. 2 months till the start of the season. Have you got nothing better to do than moan about how quickly the kits coming out - which, by the way, is the manufacturers job. Chelsea haven't brought their kit out yet either, sooo disorganised.

Isn't there at least one court case to keep us occupied during the summer, the world cup football won't last forever.....

Hobo

I looked at it as a game of chess. My way was to stand my ground or walk forward. No wasted energy. Jab away and score points. They then knew they had to come forward and attack. But instead of going backwards I would then start to use my right (my hammer) and that would normally end it. Amateur refs don't like anyone taking punishment and will stop the fight.

36 minutes? Most of them would be lucky to last 3.6 minutes. Too slow and their muscles burn up quickly. I am past it now with my age. That is why I left it to do something where thought wins and not a big fuel tank. But even in my state of 1 fully fit arm I would have a big chance of winning as I still have my hammer. Just jab away with the dodgy one. Non boxers have not got a clue how fit you need to be just to be able to do 4 rounds. Think my maximum would be 3 now. And that is at a push.

I hope you enjoy it while you can. You are always 1 injury away from having to give it up. And there isn't much to give you the buzz as getting in the ring.

Hitting someone takes it out of you, but when they start hitting you strategically with "my big hammer"! A tough, tough sport! That is why there is so much respect between boxers regardless of the skill gap.

if you have ever been in the ring, you have my respect even if you never won.

Nick

Administrator
I remember the local boxing club having training when we had footy training. They would start the same time and jog around the field, they were still jogging around the field for a warmup when we went home...

Astute

Hitting someone takes it out of you, but when they start hitting you strategically with "my big hammer"! A tough, tough sport! That is why there is so much respect between boxers regardless of the skill gap.

if you have ever been in the ring, you have my respect even if you never won.

It is actually very enjoyable. It gives you a reason to train and be fit. You learn about yourself. Most of all it gives you self control.

ccfc92

It is actually very enjoyable. It gives you a reason to train and be fit. You learn about yourself. Most of all it gives you self control.

I personally believe the most "hard" people are the ones that walk away, but defend themselves when they have to without exerting themselves. Not going out, looking for trouble.

Astute

I remember the local boxing club having training when we had footy training. They would start the same time and jog around the field, they were still jogging around the field for a warmup when we went home...

I would run for about 30 minutes to get to training, spend a couple of hours solid training and then run back. All this after a game of football most of the time :D

Astute

I personally believe the most "hard" people are the ones that walk away, but defend themselves when they have to without exerting themselves. Not going out, looking for trouble.

'Hard' isn't a term I like to use too much. I don't understand idiots that attack others for fun. Why not just get it together with someone who enjoys that sort of thing and trains for it with a ref to try and make sure nobody gets hurt? A lot of the time it is cowards trying to make a name for themselves.

ccfc92

'Hard' isn't a term I like to use too much. I don't understand idiots that attack others for fun. Why not just get it together with someone who enjoys that sort of thing and trains for it with a ref to try and make sure nobody gets hurt? A lot of the time it is cowards trying to make a name for themselves.

That's pretty much what I said :)

There was a guy I worked with who was, in my definition, hard.

Always laughed off people who mouthed off to him, but when he was attacked, put them down in a controlled way.

My definition of "hard" is someone who can defend themselves, in a controlled manner, without looking for trouble in the first place.

Astute

That's pretty much what I said :)

There was a guy I worked with who was, in my definition, hard.

Always laughed off people who mouthed off to him, but when he was attacked, put them down in a controlled way.

My definition of "hard" is someone who can defend themselves, in a controlled manner, without looking for trouble in the first place.

That is my best mate. Nicest person you could ever meet. He always told his lads not to fight unless it was to defend themselves. We always get room in a very crowded pub. Even new years eve. He is a big lad. The last time I saw him go was when a gang of about 12 came after one of his lads. We were having a BBQ in his garden. He told them to go away or else. They attacked him. By the time I ran up his drive to help him he had decked 4 of them and the others had run away :D

WestEndAgro

Just renewed my season ticket, whilst I was there I asked for news regarding the New Kit, it won't be available untill the new store opens which is set for the 1st July.

jimmyhillsfanclub

chiefdave

What on earth is happening with this? I can see how there could be a delay signing the new deal with Just Sports / Nike but once that was done surely its just a matter of picking a template and telling them what colour we want it.

Plenty of people on this thread have managed to produce pictures of potential kits using the templates, why can't the club get something out showing us what the kit will be and a pre-order. Even if they say it won't be in stock until the start of the season at least let us know what it will look like.

Gray

What on earth is happening with this? I can see how there could be a delay signing the new deal with Just Sports / Nike but once that was done surely its just a matter of picking a template and telling them what colour we want it.

Plenty of people on this thread have managed to produce pictures of potential kits using the templates, why can't the club get something out showing us what the kit will be and a pre-order. Even if they say it won't be in stock until the start of the season at least let us know what it will look like.

I guess they'll be announcing it the day they move into the new shop

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I guess they'll be announcing it the day they move into the new shop

I think they should have it ready for release on that day. Pre order and collect on the opening day. Maybe say 'pick it up in person and get 10% additional purchases?' Make it worth people's while to go to the opening.

I remember when Gallagher opened and they put everything on sale for 50% off. Fullest I've seen the shop, although can't see them doing the same this time round, even if I did like the discount and Took advantage of it :D

Astute

Maybe they are waiting to sneak some bad news out and will release the tops at the same time hoping we miss the bad news.

armybike

Maybe they are waiting to sneak some bad news out and will release the tops at the same time hoping we miss the bad news.

The Oral Hearing re the Judicial Review decision is just over two weeks away..........

Terry Gibson's perm

The Oral Hearing re the Judicial Review decision is just over two weeks away..........

What happens if they win this one as they must be due one soon as Judge 3 Fisher says they have a good case and he should know as a part time and part time land finder.

armybike

What happens if they win this one as they must be due one soon as Judge 3 Fisher says they have a good case and he should know as a part time and part time land finder.

Ann Lucas will bare her arse in Broadgate I've heard!

Astute

They certainly won't get what they wanted from the first one. Our home has gone. Might be just a matter of pride now as Fisher said that the last judge didn't know what he was doing and that he was wrong. I am yet to see what they are trying to do that could be any help in any way. Just more of a waste of time and money. The money would be much better going towards our club or a new home.

Astute

Ann Lucas will bare her arse in Broadgate I've heard!

We all hope they fookin lose then
barfing-smiley-emoticon.gif

lewys33

The new shop is opening July the 1st, so I would imagine the design may come out a few days before? Unless they want to build hype and "reveal all" so to speak once the new shop shutters open.

Users who are viewing this thread