New goalie needed (1 Viewer)

Glen

What a crap pair of keepers we have neither good enough could be top without RCC mistakes now falling behind

quinn1971

What a crap pair of keepers we have neither good enough could be top without RCC mistakes now falling behind

burge never cost us any points, he hasn't done anything wrong, couple of dropped crosses against burton, put him back in

Nick

Administrator
Have to agree, I gave burge stick and rcc it's worse now. He made a great save then messes up

Liquid Gold

I blame that goal on Phillips. If he hadn't got absolutely done by their winger then there would have been no save or corner in the first place. The amount of times he gave the ball away or lost his man was criminal today. RCC has lost 1 game for us, 1. You need to have protection in front of your keeper

Hobo

Defenders have to take responsibility as well for that goal. We allowed them to build up pressure with crosses....the only way they were going to score.

covcity4life

I blame that goal on Phillips. If he hadn't got absolutely done by their winger then there would have been no save or corner in the first place. The amount of times he gave the ball away or lost his man was criminal today. RCC has lost 1 game for us, 1. You need to have protection in front of your keeper

Yup. Ultimatley Phillips cost us at the end. But RCC should have done better too of course.

Oldham put great corners in all day

Hobo

And why no player on the post?
I agree especially in injury time. during the game it can box you in invite pressure leaving you no outlet. But in the least few minutes I agree perhaps you should be asking TM not me?

Otis

TM saying RCC was fouled for their goal, so is that the keeper's fault?

It's okay, Glen, we know you only pop up when things go wrong and then disappear into the ether every time things go right. :whistle:

Sky Blue Pete

He was fouled!!
How can it not be good enough excuse if he was fouled and couldn't save it how can he be castigated for it!! Bloody hell

skybluetony176

He's got frailties just like Burge but Burges didn't cost us points. RCC is a good prospect but his cockiness has been mistaken for confidence, he'll learn and get better but right now if we can't bring in a more experienced and effective keeper in in January it's time for Burge to be given a start again. Who knows being dropped might have actually given him some impetus and he'll come back a better player. He was looking pretty beleaguered before being dropped a break could have been just what he needed and his progress could kick on because of it.

Grendel

He was fouled!!
How can it not be good enough excuse if he was fouled and couldn't save it how can he be castigated for it!! Bloody hell

I know - and Phillips was at fault anyway at the corner. Philips and Haynes are dire.

The goal wasn't an error by the keeper he was blocked. He was every corner they had. Then again our goal looked like a foul.

Nick

Administrator
I know - and Phillips was at fault anyway at the corner. Philips and Haynes are dire.

The goal wasn't an error by the keeper he was blocked. He was every corner they had. Then again our goal looked like a foul.

I heard TM say his arms were being pulled down or something and they looked on the video and he was, but it's not an excuse as a defender should have won it.

rupert_bear

Haven't seen it again and opposite end of the ground but walking back and listening to others it seems RCC was impeded, what was the verdict on CWR ? So will reserve opinion until I see it, other than that I though Cooke kept okay today.

Nick

Administrator
Haven't seen it again and opposite end of the ground but walking back and listening to others it seems RCC was impeded, what was the verdict on CWR ? So will reserve opinion until I see it, other than that I though Cooke kept okay today.

I missed it :( I saw RCC following the ref at the end and wondered.

Mowbray said his arms were being held.

Would be good to see a replay.

Gazolba

We don't need Burge and we don't need RCC, we need an experienced keeper. Send RCC out on loan to make mistakes for some other club, Burge can be the backup.

johnwillomagic

Erm give Burge another go and just take RCC out of firing line for Boxing Day. Both young keepers who can push
each other and develop together....I would start Burge next game he deserves another crack!

skybluetony176

It was almost as if they'd done their homework on him for corners :thinking about:

stupot07

We do need some experience at the back for the 2nd half of the season.

What's Murphy doing?

Murphy is injured. He was first choice for huddlesfield before getting injured. They sold last season's first choice to QPR in great summer. He ain't coming back, we need to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ccfc92

Murphy was not mistake free let us not forget....although many appear to have!

He was a good shot stopper for one on ones and penalties etc. But would make several simple mistakes.

Just seen the goals. Don't see any issues, handball or obstruction etc, just RCC flapping at the ball. Our defender was in his way I think?

johnwillomagic

Spot on assessment of Murphy.....I am playing devils advocate a bit would have him ahead of our two though RCC IMO has a lot of potential to be in the long run better than Murphy.

The view experienced keepers dont make mistakes/errors of judgement is a huge fallacy though!

Sky Blue Harry H

Spot on assessment of Murphy.....I am playing devils advocate a bit would have him ahead of our two though RCC IMO has a lot of potential to be in the long run better than Murphy.

The view experienced keepers dont make mistakes/errors of judgement is a huge fallacy though![/QUOTE]

:claping hands:Spot on. If there was an experienced keeper out there who rarely made any mistakes, wouldn't they be playing above L1 level.

I think some of our fans would prefer a huge phallus in goal - at least it would offer some entertainment for the crowd when the game gets a a bit dull, and Singers corner would have some fun with the songs.:D

georgehudson

when RCC first came into the side he was coming for & claiming crosses,
now all of a sudden he isn't doing that,
is he being coached correctly ?
or is it purely a matter of personal confidence

Gazolba

No, it's not a coincidence. Our opponents are not stupid. They will study what our keeper is weak at and and they will exploit it. That is exactly why you need a keeper with no glaring weaknesses!

mechaishida

The key issues with RCC's game is probably very obvious to the coaching staff, and I imagine they're working on it extensively.

Other than his unfortunate misjudgements that have cost us a few points, the defence is still holding steady with his influence. It'd be a mistake to drop him, imo, he's just simply got a weakness that needs eradicating.

chiefdave

Where is this experienced keeper who never makes a mistake coming from, are they sat around waiting for TM to call?

L1 players will make mistakes, that's why they're in L1. People moaned when Murphy replaced Westwood, moaned when Allsop came in but they worked out OK.

Sure if there's a fantastic keeper that will improve the team go for it but don't change for the sake of it.

Users who are viewing this thread