New goalie needed (1 Viewer)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
id a look at the reply and slowed it down, its not great but def looks like his left arm being held onto couldnt raise it up to catch the ball be interesting see what TM does for next 3 games i feel make or break us pushing top 2

StevieM

The lad isn't coming out to claim the ball because he is being impeded by the opposition strikers and we have had Phillips (a midget) and Haynes (a streak of p**s) to guard him from set plays...:thinking about:
RCC looked at his best with Reda and Ricketts along with Martin and Stokes-all good headers of the ball, in the mix to keep the opposition strikers at bay.
He hasn't become a bad keeper over night, TM needs to address the set piece marking and positioning of defenders to include a minder with a bit more physicality to help out RCC when it is an obvious tactic being used by teams over the last few games to block or even grab hold of him?

eastwoodsdustman

The lad isn't coming out to claim the ball because he is being impeded by the opposition strikers and we have had Phillips (a midget) and Haynes (a streak of p**s) to guard him from set plays...:thinking about:
RCC looked at his best with Reda and Ricketts along with Martin and Stokes-all good headers of the ball, in the mix to keep the opposition strikers at bay.
He hasn't become a bad keeper over night, TM needs to address the set piece marking and positioning of defenders to include a minder with a bit more physicality to help out RCC when it is an obvious tactic being used by teams over the last few games to block or even grab hold of him?

Spot on. Teams are starting to block up the edge of the 6 yd box to stop him from taking crosses. It should then be up to the defenders to get their head to the ball first.
I really do wonder about our fans sometimes. So quick to criticise without looking at what's going on. Concede from a cross so its automatically the keepers fault!!

Buster

its not rcc's fault . Without Ricketts ,Turner or Reda our back four are a liability and are very easy to get at

coop

To be fair we have lost 5 points last three games and most of that is down to Rcc when you are a keeper you can't afford to make mistakes.He is only young and I think keepers get better with age so we could do with a good experienced keeper ie Murphy who wanted to take a 50% paycut and still got told no thank you them 5 points could cost us promotion at the end of the season.But we are still 4th not lost at home all season so thing's are not that bad just could be a little better.

Otis

To be fair we have lost 5 points last three games and most of that is down to Rcc when you are a keeper you can't afford to make mistakes.He is only young and I think keepers get better with age so we could do with a good experienced keeper ie Murphy who wanted to take a 50% paycut and still got told no thank you them 5 points could cost us promotion at the end of the season.But we are still 4th not lost at home all season so thing's are not that bad just could be a little better.
Couldn't agree more on that last sentence.

Samo

If the whistle had blown straight after his save before the goal we would all be hailing him as a great young keeper who just saved us 2 points but now he's the panto villain. Jeez.

higgs

Not downing him but the save he made I would expect my goal keeper to save it was straight at him

Otis

People were saying only Burge was getting stick or at least RCC was not as much stick as him, yet today on the CWR phone in tonight after that Chesterfield game, people were blaming RCC for the goal today

Having just watched the highlights now all I can ask these people is that on behalf of the human race, can we please have our oxygen back?

ccfc92

People were saying only Burge was getting stick or at least RCC was not as much stick as him, yet today on the CWR phone in tonight after that Chesterfield game, people were blaming RCC for the goal today

Having just watched the highlights now all I can ask these people is that on behalf of the human race, can we please have our oxygen back?

I haven't seen them, could RCC have saved it? CWR said it went through his hands? :confused:

skybluetony176

Also said on CWR that two championship clubs have scouts watching him and are seriously considering him.

So the OP may well be proved right although not necessarily how they meant. We may well need a new goalie.

Also TM's view was that it was a very well taken free kick that we couldn't do anything about. So hardly RCC's fault.

Last edited:

rupert_bear

I was there and it didn't look a keeper error to me just poorly defended imo. Our problem is the other end, not enough goal attempts, trying to walk the ball. We need another striker to go with Armstrong.

ccfc1234

Also said on CWR that two championship clubs have scouts watching him and are seriously considering him.

So the OP may well be proved right although not necessarily how they meant. We may well need a new goalie.

Also TM's view was that it was a very well taken free kick that we couldn't do anything about. So hardly RCC's fault.

Hope you are right

ccfc1234

I was there and it didn't look a keeper error to me just poorly defended imo. Our problem is the other end, not enough goal attempts, trying to walk the ball. We need another striker to go with Armstrong.

Agree the goals drying up is an issue, we dont need another ST IMO and need to play combinations that are on the same wavelength. Kent and to a smaller extent Murphy are not link up players the same way as Lameries, Maddioson, Arma and to some extent JOB are. If we go with Kent/Murphy we need to play more directly than we are currently.

ccfc92

Agree the goals drying up is an issue, we dont need another ST IMO and need to play combinations that are on the same wavelength. Kent and to a smaller extent Murphy are not link up players the same way as Lameries, Maddioson, Arma and to some extent JOB are. If we go with Kent/Murphy we need to play more directly than we are currently.

I'd like to see Maddison and Lameires linking up again. They tore Millwall apart.

Hobo

Good, I think he's a good keeper.

To be fair, he's had an unsettled back 4 in front of him ever since Reda was injured.

Reda was like Burge, just got away with his mistakes. His positional play was well dodgy. Good at set pieces though at either end....and that's his strength. But can be caught out in open play.

chiefdave

Doesn't surprise me. At his age and after a handful of games you can see he has talent and bucketloads of confidence. The errors he's making should go with experience and more coaching.

Hobo

Doesn't surprise me. At his age and after a handful of games you can see he has talent and bucketloads of confidence. The errors he's making should go with experience and more coaching.

Plus there are probably 5 or 6 worth watching when we play.

Hadji10

RCC is nowhere near good enough for the Champ and never will be. Not at fault for the goal but he could have done better.

Samo

RCC is nowhere near good enough for the Champ and never will be. Not at fault for the goal but he could have done better.

You must be a vastly experienced coach or manager right? Someone superior to the likes of TM right? Otherwise you'd have to be an arrogant prick to make a statement like that.

Hadji10

You must be a vastly experienced coach or manager right? Someone superior to the likes of TM right? Otherwise you'd have to be an arrogant prick to make a statement like that.

Who you talking too? Don't fucking abuse me because of my opinion.

I want something done about this please Nick.

Samo

Who you talking too? Don't fucking abuse me because of my opinion.

I want something done about this please Nick.

Nick, Nick! Have a word with yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread