New David Conn article (1 Viewer)

wingy

Did they not do an email SUrvey sometime in September to get the views of all members
I filled one In

21st October
Survey monkey
largely to understand views of fans as the gate dropped off so badly after Gills game
A broad range of questions IIRC
Cant access unfortunately included section to express your overall view said the results would be published so must be on the trust website somewhere

Nick

Administrator
21st October
Survey monkey
largely to understand views of fans as the gate dropped off so badly after Gills game
A broad range of questions IIRC
Cant access unfortunately included section to express your overall view said the results would be published so must be on the trust website somewhere

I genuinely haven't got that one :(

Ashdown

The usual sceptics are clutching at straws as usual. The article is clear and factual and basically tells the story of what has happened. Why do people continue to contest the fact that SISU blew it for City and it's fans the selfish hedge fund bastards !!

chiefdave

So if it wasn't distressed, why was it sold so cheap? If ACL was still getting stronger and stronger, surely it wasn't such a great deal for the "tax payers" and they didn't HAVE to sell?

We need a reporter to try and ask about that.

If it was distressed, then why are people going on about how great it was doing etc.
If it wasn't, then why was it sold so cheap when it didn't need to be?

Exactly right. Why is nobody concerned that less than 10 years ago a 50 year lease cost £25m but a 200 year extension has been handed over for nothing. Surely that 200 years should have generated in the region of £100m for the city.

What happens if they default.

We don't know as they refuse to say. We can guess and point to things like charges but unless they tell us it's guesses and assumptions.

Don't think there's been anything about what we think about Wasps takeover, I certainly haven't had anything. Steve can post about it being personal views and not trust policy but that is now 2 senior figures on the trust neither of whom are questioning the sale to Wasps or opposing it.

torchomatic

I didn't get that one either.

Did they send out one asking what the Trust Board should wear to the first rugby match at the Ricoh?

Astute

I didn't get that one either.

Did they send out one asking what the Trust Board should wear to the first rugby match at the Ricoh?

Perhaps they only sent it to the nodding dogs that would agree with everything that they say ;)

torchomatic

Yes, the other board members.

Perhaps they only sent it to the nodding dogs that would agree with everything that they say ;)

SkyBlueScottie

Where does he say they were offered the deal?

In a direct conversation with myself on twitter.

I don't blame them for that. I really don't. The debt hamstrung ACL from day one. Whether it will over the next 20 years who knows.

While it's not ideal, surely for us the fans of the club it would have at least offered us some hope for the future. A chink of light for the future, all be it a very small light, especially underpinned by a 250 year lease.

torchomatic

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
So if it wasn't distressed, why was it sold so cheap? If ACL was still getting stronger and stronger, surely it wasn't such a great deal for the "tax payers" and they didn't HAVE to sell?

We need a reporter to try and ask about that.

If it was distressed, then why are people going on about how great it was doing etc.
If it wasn't, then why was it sold so cheap when it didn't need to be?

One side would have had you believe ACL was a thriving business. The other would have you convinced ACL was on the verge of collapse.

I would suggest the truth lies somewhere between those two versions - although neither side is very likely to publicly admit that in the near future.

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
There's no confusion. You've always been on the one side.

A neutral once visited this message board to see what all the commotion was about. He gave me this description "I have never seen a group of people so eager to believe a conspiracy."

It's at times like this I'm inclined to agree!

lordsummerisle

A neutral once visited this message board to see what all the commotion was about. He gave me this description "I have never seen a group of people so eager to believe a conspiracy."

"Neutral" you say?

Hmmm, Illuminati fingerprints all over that one..

torchomatic

He obviously didn't read the stories in the CT then. Particuarly the recent coverage on Wasps. I thought it was a nice touch yesterday on the back page to show two pictures, one of a half empty Ricoh on Satuday and then a full one on Sunday.

Nick

Administrator

Christ, have you read the comments on the telegraph pages?

torchomatic

I'm glad you're on here, Jan. Maybe you could answer a few questions. Why are the Trust actively massaging the egos of Eastwood and Wasps. I found your comments in the Guardian breathtaking.

And have you changed your Avatar, why have you taken the Trust logo off. Coincidence?

http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index.php/114-latest-news/411-supporters-survey-results

Please read it and you will see the section about fans reaction to a new stadium - 73% believe a new stadium will not be built. Survey was done in summer.

torchomatic

He doesn't scroll down that far as the adverts get a bit too much.

Christ, have you read the comments on the telegraph pages?

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
He obviously didn't read the stories in the CT then. Particuarly the recent coverage on Wasps. I thought it was a nice touch yesterday on the back page to show two pictures, one of a half empty Ricoh on Satuday and then a full one on Sunday.

If you think I get to decide what goes on the back page, you are forgetting my tea-boy status.

As I have said on here before, I don't think that's a fair comparison. Perhaps the Gillingham fixture would have been more appropriate.

But I can understand why people would make that comparison, and we're certainly not the only media outlet to have done so.

ashbyjan

There is no massaging of egos going on - Wasps are here and going to stay. Do I like the fact that Coventry City don't own the Ricoh - of course not but that is not Wasps fault that is the fault of SISU who decided on a particular strategy of distressing ACL to try and get the Ricoh for next to nothing. They didn't give a toss about the damage they would do to the club or the fans, they just ploughed on with this plan. The plan has not worked and we are now continue to be tenants in a stadium that should have belonged to the club. We are where we are and continually raking over who's to blame and who said what etc etc is not only fucking boring its totally unproductive. I openly asked the club to bid for the Higgs 50% but they couldnt even manage that without caveats and strings attached so Higgs didn't even have to think about who to sell to.

Wasps are our new landlords and I (along with 73% of those who responded to the survey) do not believe that the new stadium will be built therefore the club needs to act like a proper business and sit down with Wasps and negotaite the best possible long term deal they can - involving revenues etc. I have no access to the ACL plans but would expect that having a successful CCFC as being important to that plan and therefore SISU will ahve to swallow some pride and try concepts that seems totally alien to the - compromise and negotiation in good faith.

As for what I said to David Conn - "Fleetwood game was dire?" - well sorry if you thought that was a pulsating and exciting afternoon I suggest you get out more. I went to the Wasps match on the Sunday with my partner and we both thoroughly enjoyed it - they are no sports fan but at the end were asking when we could go again. Obviously at the kick off I was looking around the Ricoh thinking this should be a sea of SKy Blue but that has been taken away from us. The future is questionable? of course it is and you would have to be a myopic chimp not to be worried about the clubs future. Fans are struggling for hope - just look at the dropping attendances for evidence of that - in my book that is the greatest crime that SISU have committed - they have destroyed the sense of hope for the future of the club that has been a massive part of my life for over 40 years - I will never forgive them for that. Few members believe SISU intend to build new stadium I have already covered.

Hardly breathtaking stuff but he asked my thoughts and I gave them - sorry of you don't like them but if its any consolation to you I won't lose any sleep over it.

Nick

Administrator
There is no massaging of egos going on - Wasps are here and going to stay. Do I like the fact that Coventry City don't own the Ricoh - of course not but that is not Wasps fault that is the fault of SISU who decided on a particular strategy of distressing ACL to try and get the Ricoh for next to nothing. They didn't give a toss about the damage they would do to the club or the fans, they just ploughed on with this plan. The plan has not worked and we are now continue to be tenants in a stadium that should have belonged to the club. We are where we are and continually raking over who's to blame and who said what etc etc is not only fucking boring its totally unproductive. I openly asked the club to bid for the Higgs 50% but they couldnt even manage that without caveats and strings attached so Higgs didn't even have to think about who to sell to.

Wasps are our new landlords and I (along with 73% of those who responded to the survey) do not believe that the new stadium will be built therefore the club needs to act like a proper business and sit down with Wasps and negotaite the best possible long term deal they can - involving revenues etc. I have no access to the ACL plans but would expect that having a successful CCFC as being important to that plan and therefore SISU will ahve to swallow some pride and try concepts that seems totally alien to the - compromise and negotiation in good faith.

As for what I said to David Conn - "Fleetwood game was dire?" - well sorry if you thought that was a pulsating and exciting afternoon I suggest you get out more. I went to the Wasps match on the Sunday with my partner and we both thoroughly enjoyed it - they are no sports fan but at the end were asking when we could go again. Obviously at the kick off I was looking around the Ricoh thinking this should be a sea of SKy Blue but that has been taken away from us. The future is questionable? of course it is and you would have to be a myopic chimp not to be worried about the clubs future. Fans are struggling for hope - just look at the dropping attendances for evidence of that - in my book that is the greatest crime that SISU have committed - they have destroyed the sense of hope for the future of the club that has been a massive part of my life for over 40 years - I will never forgive them for that. Few members believe SISU intend to build new stadium I have already covered.

Hardly breathtaking stuff but he asked my thoughts and I gave them - sorry of you don't like them but if its any consolation to you I won't lose any sleep over it.

In fairness Jan, most people know whatever the club bidded for the Higgs share it wasn't going to happen anyway. intheknow has also confirmed it was always going to be 100% going to wasps.

Would a comparison be Gillingham? In which case "Yeah I went to the wasps game, it was full and busy but it was nothing to compared to when we played Gillingham". In terms of fleetwood, it was boring as shit but it was watching my team play. I would much rather that than go and watch villa play a premier league game, I don't support villa and wouldn't care how loud or busy it was. It is how I have grown up, if I would have wanted to support a "top class" team I would have supported the big teams like the other kids at school, I am not going to suddenly decide to support one because it has been shipped in and then start comparing them to the team I love.

At school I knew City weren't as good as Man Utd or Liverpool, but being one of a couple in city shirts at the time I would have fought to the death about how city were the best team in the world at everything. If Man Utd had a nice hot dog, city would have a nicer hot dog.

lordsummerisle

. I openly asked the club to bid for the Higgs 50% but they couldnt even manage that without caveats and strings attached so Higgs didn't even have to think about who to sell to.

Would the strings and caveats that Higgs added such as redevelopment, which the Wasps owner says he has no interest in count at all?

The whole Higgs "Sisu, make us an offer" thing was a farce, and only an idiot would think otherwise.

Grendel

So a senior member of the trust enjoyed himself more watching a team ripped from its natural home more than the team he represents as board member on the main fans supporters group.

A seriously gobsmacking statement.

torchomatic

"Fantastic sporting occasion" apparently. Wouldn't go to Sixfields but happy to see a London Franchise stitch up the football club. Still, it's obvious, judging from his comments and those of Steve and CJ the Trust are on side with Wasps and Eastwood now. I wonder how long it will be before he bleats "yeah, but they didn't have a home..."

They still ask for money for their "fighting fund" too on the website. I wonder why, they're not fighting anyone. And they're not fighting for the fans of CCFC.

So a senior member of the trust enjoyed himself more watching a team ripped from its natural home more than the team he represents as board member on the main fans supporters group.

A seriously gobsmacking statement.

ashbyjan

In fairness Jan, most people know whatever the club bidded for the Higgs share it wasn't going to happen anyway.

Would a comparison be Gillingham? In which case "Yeah I went to the wasps game, it was full and busy but it was nothing to compared to when we played Gillingham".

I agree that there was probably no way that they would have got the 50% but they should have at least pushed it so far that the charity had to at least think about it - but we will never know because they couldn't manage a proper bid.
Davids article was about the two games that weekend - on Saturday you had a team that had played at the top flight of football playing Fleetwood Town and on the SUnday you had Wasps playing in front of a record crowd in a stadium they owned. Did I enjoy the Gillingham game more than Wasps - of course but that wasn't the tenent of the article.

Grendel

I agree that there was probably no way that they would have got the 50% but they should have at least pushed it so far that the charity had to at least think about it - but we will never know because they couldn't manage a proper bid.
Davids article was about the two games that weekend - on Saturday you had a team that had played at the top flight of football playing Fleetwood Town and on the SUnday you had Wasps playing in front of a record crowd in a stadium they owned. Did I enjoy the Gillingham game more than Wasps - of course but that wasn't the tenent of the article.

Did you enjoy the fleet wood game more?

Nick

Administrator

Yes we had a team playing fleetwood town, but it was our team.... By that not being the way of the article that sounds like it wasn't the point he was trying to get across? It is quite clearly a CCFC / SISU bad but Wasps good article, doesn't mean you have to run with that because it is the topic.

By you saying "Yes it was a good occasion but nothing compared to Gillingham" it shows that yes you did enjoy yourself at wasps, but fuck them, we did it better that night.

ashbyjan

Who should we be fighting? Encouraging a boycott of Wasps would benefit CCFC how? Encouraging a boycott of council taxes? Encourage a boycott of donations to Higgs? Encourage a boycott of CT? Maybe we are not "fighting" anyone because there is no one left to fight - the world has moved on. In my opinion we should be getting the best possible deal for CCFC and its fans from Wasps by negotiating a long term deal.

Users who are viewing this thread