New David Conn article (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Yet this effort to “distress” ACL was unsuccessful, because the council and charity dug in.

So if it wasn't distressed, why was it sold so cheap? If ACL was still getting stronger and stronger, surely it wasn't such a great deal for the "tax payers" and they didn't HAVE to sell?

We need a reporter to try and ask about that.

If it was distressed, then why are people going on about how great it was doing etc.
If it wasn't, then why was it sold so cheap when it didn't need to be?

RFC

So if it wasn't distressed, why was it sold so cheap?

The key was taking on the £14M debt!

Original terms 43 year repayment now Wasps have just 20 years? Wonder Why?????

What happens if they default.

Nick

Administrator
I like Jan's comments too.

Maybe he could have compared it to Gillingham?

It was dire, particularly when compared with the Wasps match which really was a fantastic sporting occasion

Were you there as well then Jan?

What could this favourable partnership with wasps be?

Is this the same as urging to go into admin because it would resolve all of our issues?

Godiva

So if it wasn't distressed, why was it sold so cheap? If ACL was still getting stronger and stronger, surely it wasn't such a great deal for the "tax payers" and they didn't HAVE to sell?

We need a reporter to try and ask about that.

If it was distressed, then why are people going on about how great it was doing etc.
If it wasn't, then why was it sold so cheap when it didn't need to be?

What does the latest accounts say?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

well as CCC would seem to currently have a charge over everything what do you think would happen?

of course they have to default first don't they ...... will wait and see but they seem to have taken all the right actions so far to ensure that wont happen

Last edited:

torchomatic

So much for “two sides to every story”, eh?

Simon Gilbert would be proud of that one-sided claptrap. No mention of the Council wanting to “rebuild trust” and “talk about ownership in the future” while negotiating with Wasps. No mention of Lucas saying teams’ moving rips the heart out of communities. No mention of Higgs’ shafting the club on the “first option” for ACL.

And as for Jan and the Trust. Fucking hell they are embarrassing. Again, not a peep from them about Wasps and the Council and their part in this shit storm. Not a word of support for the club and the fans they apparently represent.

“Fantastic sporting occasion”? Fuck off.

Sbarcher

Can't you all just shut the f*** up - I'm trying to have a quiet sob here.......

Nick

Administrator
So much for “two sides to every story”, eh?

Simon Gilbert would be proud of that one-sided claptrap. No mention of the Council wanting to “rebuild trust” and “talk about ownership in the future” while negotiating with Wasps. No mention of Lucas saying teams’ moving rips the heart out of communities. No mention of Higgs’ shafting the club on the “first option” for ACL.

And as for Jan and the Trust. Fucking hell they are embarrassing. Again, not a peep from them about Wasps and the Council and their part in this shit storm. Not a word of support for the club and the fans they apparently represent.

“Fantastic sporting occasion”? Fuck off.

How do they know what their members think? I have never been asked anything.

What it probably means is "us lot who go down the pub together every week think....."

Ian1779

What it probably means is "us lot who go down the pub together every week think....."

Maybe they are referring to the inner sanctum.... you know, the important ones.

spwaverley4916

i went on sunday - never again - atmosphere was dead, game to slow/stop start - there is more noise generated with 7000 city fans then there was with 28000+ visitors. i was quite taken aback by the comments i heard from the actual 'rugby fans' "that statue has got to go" - "should look better with the seats black and yellow" " seating is a bit cramped" from 3 fat bastards behind me.
Never again.

skybluetony176

Is that official then? You believe that SISU will build an new ground?

Nick

Administrator
Is that official then? You believe that SISU will build an new ground?

Ah ok so they can assume without asking?

Hold on I am just going to go to the telegraph to tell them that the members of Sky Blues Talk think something without actually asking what they think.

SkyBlueScottie

David Conn has confirmed that Sisu didnt want to take the debt on.... with all other terms being the same as what Wasps took on.

Bill Glazier

Local authorities are being massacred with cuts at the moment, and there're far more to come. Central government won't cut it's own budgets so they're handing the blame down the line. Anyway, I've no doubt CCC is looking ahead and sees horrendous times coming and the Ricoh is just the sort of distraction it doesn't need. A buyer came along that at least said the right things, whereas all it's had from those clowns at SISU is litigation.

I believe the vote to sell to Wasps was unopposed by any of the councillors, whatever their colour. And, Higgs was clearly keen to go too. This says everything you need to know about their opinions of SISU. It would have been better if they could have held on to the stadium, but I really doubt they had any choice. Tough choice in a tough time.

Grendel

David Conn has confirmed that Sisu didnt want to take the debt on.... with all other terms being the same as what Wasps took on.

No he doesn't confirm it at all

fernandopartridge

well as CCC would seem to currently have a charge over everything what do you think would happen?

of course they have to default first don't they ...... will wait and see but they seem to have taken all the right actions so far to ensure that wont happen

The 20 year term is to try and sidestep any JR type issues.

Grendel

Godiva

I do wonder about the renewed terms if that is actually putting a bit more weight behind their JR appeal. It would seem the terms are now on a more market-like basis which sisu argued it wasn't before.

skybluetony176

Ah ok so they can assume without asking?

Hold on I am just going to go to the telegraph to tell them that the members of Sky Blues Talk think something without actually asking what they think.

I think its pretty clear what the majority off fans think dont you? Aside from RFC do you think you could scrape the names of 10 or more posters on here who believe its going to happen? I doubt it and it doesn't even matter whether you're apparently a council lover or SISU lover either does it?

So you go ahead and tell the telegraph what the majority of posters on here think without asking us and give them the same answer as Jan as you couldn't possibly say anything else could you?

Still it was a cheap easy dig at the trust and thats all that counts.

Nick

Administrator
I think its pretty clear what the majority off fans think dont you? Aside from RFC do you think you could scrape the names of 10 or more posters on here who believe its going to happen? I doubt it and it doesn't even matter whether you're apparently a council lover or SISU lover either does it?

So you go ahead and tell the telegraph what the majority of posters on here think without asking us and give them the same answer as Jan as you couldn't possibly say anything else could you?

Still it was a cheap easy dig at the trust and thats all that counts.

No, it was a fact. Members haven't been asked, so it is making an assumption isn't it and going to the press stating it? Doesn't matter if it is "what is your favourite cake", when they make statements on behalf of members it usually helps to have asked the members doesn't it rather than assume?

Thing is, I wouldn't go to the press with anything and speak on behalf of other people without asking them.

skybluetony176

No, it was a fact. Members haven't been asked, so it is making an assumption isn't it and going to the press stating it?

Thing is, I wouldn't go to the press with anything and speak on behalf of other people without asking them.

So you dont believe it but the majority do? Is that what you're saying?

Grendel

So you dont believe it but the majority do? Is that what you're saying?

Stop being an arsehole its becoming really tiresome.

A majority is derived from a formal ballot of members. There hasn't been so this is an assumption not a statement of fact.

wingy

No, I am saying that they can't / shouldn't make statements on behalf of their members without asking the members.

Did they not do an email SUrvey sometime in September to get the views of all members
I filled one In

skybluetony176

No, I am quite clearly saying the trust haven't asked it's members what they believe so can't make statements based on it.

When something is as blatently obvious as this do they really need to?

You'd only moan if they replied no comment to any questions while they wait for all the members to reply anyway.

Nick

Administrator
Did they not do an email SUrvey sometime in September to get the views of all members
I filled one In

I haven't had one by the looks of it, do you still have the email subject? I have one in September asking for help with accounts stuff, one about steve waggot and one about sky blue trust at home games.

I have found one in feb about this, about the stadium group:

If you wish the Trust to participate with the committee send an email to [email protected] with YES in the subject line
If you wish the Trust not to participate with the committee send an email to [email protected] with NO in the subject line

Nick

Administrator
When something is as blatently obvious as this do they really need to?

You'd only moan if they replied no comment to any questions while they wait for all the members to reply anyway.

Well yes, if they are making statements on behalf of people they need to ask the people first. Surely that is obvious?

How long does it take for somebody to go to a website to click a button to vote yes or no?

Grendel

You have passed tiresome, you're just ammusing now.

Well Tony for some reason you think a station halt is a gateway to a City and you also think you an organisation does not need a ballot to declare the word majority.

Stop trying to be clever Tony - it's not something that comes naturally to you I'm afraid.

Users who are viewing this thread