Mowbray needs to go (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Finally, some common sense. Owners couldnt give a shit if we are in Championship or Conference, so long as they do not have to put any money in. It started to go tits up when Waggott or someone fucked up the budget and instead of 11k break even, it became 14k. Maddison sold and form turned to shit. Also cruel luck losing Reda has not helped.
It isn't common sense is it? You can't blame last night on owners

We are not paying Cole, he is on 50% of his wages from Villa till end of season, if he leaves them in May.

It's not about who is paying him; it's about how much he earns.

He turns up in fancy cars etc, and disrupts players who are earning far less. It's demoralising.

steve82

It's not about who is paying him; it's about how much he earns.

He turns up in fancy cars etc, and disrupts players who are earning far less. It's demoralising.

Sorry that's crap.....
Should that not inspire players to up there game and try and reach the heights JC did as a player.
These current team mates were just kids when he was top of his game probably swapping stickers of him in the playground!
He don't come across as the big I am and your all inferior to me.

Nick

Administrator
Sure I see Murphy in a cortina, Maddison must be flash he's got the xr2i with pepper pot alloys.

Maddison was on Twitter banging on about some Christian Louboutin trainers he had bought.

I think they might have been these -
http://eu.christianlouboutin.com/uk_en/shop/men/louis-veau-velours-strass.html

NorthernWisdom

Willis (21 yrs old, never played higher than Championship level) drives a top of the range, flashy Merc.

i136883.jpg

skybluegod

If he had no motivation or passion do you not think he would just resign and move back to his family in the north? Just because he doesn't scream and shout on the touchline doesn't mean he isn't motivated.
I think anybody involved in sport can see he's very intelligent and knows what he's talking about and doing. There is only so much he can do it is up to the players to perform on the pitch which they aren't doing.

covcity4life

It all comes down to team selection and favourites.

JOB, Lameiras, Tudgay are examples of players who should have been given more time this season.

Murphy, Ricketts, Cole (sadly) are examples of players who have somehow been undroppable after consistently poor performances.

His man management has been all wrong and ultimately it has cost us. Now I fear we have a broken dressing room.

i so want lameries to do well but hes shit nearly every single time he steps on pitch nowadays

Otis

i so want lameries to do well but hes shit nearly every single time he steps on pitch nowadays
Flatters to deceive unfortunately.

He's like a Kinder Surprise.

You get one, think it looks great, are all excited about opening it, but when you look inside there's not a lot there.

lifeskyblue

I think lameries confidence is shot. He has been underused and sidelined for large parts of the season. He started brightly and looked to offer a great range of intricate passing skills. However TM increasingly used him as a sub and his performances dipped. Now he looks like a rabbit in headlights...doesn't demand the ball and releases it without intent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
I think lameries confidence is shot. He has been underused and sidelined for large parts of the season. He started brightly and looked to offer a great range of intricate passing skills. However TM increasingly used him as a sub and his performances dipped. Now he looks like a rabbit in headlights...doesn't demand the ball and releases it without intent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be that, tore Sheffield United apart then got dropped...

LB87ccfc

Is this the kind of club we are now? If things aren't working straight away we'll just scrap it all and start again? Is that what people genuinely want? Is this going to be our existence from now on? Just randomly appointing managers hoping that one day we might get lucky and have a good season so we can get back to the Championship. I mean fuck a long term plan or building for the future or any of the boring shit. Mowbray has in no way done a good job this season but look at it logically, if we sack him what's more likely to happen? A. we appoint Mr. Unnamed Super Manager who magically signs a load of amazing players and gets us promoted within one season or B. we appoint another mediocre manager who signs some bang average players with his now reduced budget as we of course have to pay Mowbray and his backroom staff off and we stumble to another midtable finish? Now, as an alternative we could give Mowbray another season and another summer transfer window to try and turn things around and hopefully learn from the mistakes of this season and then at the end of the season if significant progress hasn't been made we don't renew his contract and we bring someone else in. Sacking a manager after only a year in charge when we aren't even under the threat of relegation and weren't even really fancied for promotion in the preseason is short-term mental at it's finest and not what this club needs. I bet it's the same pricks on here who cry when we sell players because "we're only thinking of the short term" that want us to be sacking managers after a year in charge. This club is rotten to the fucking core, fans included.

Best post on here for a while. Funny people forgetting how well it was going and quoting Mowbray as a god 3 months ago.

Every manager has a bad patch, its what you learn from it that counts.

Look where we finished last season, 30 minutes away from league two.... progress has been made.

Otis

Not sure. God knows if he is any good or not.

You have to dismiss Celtic, because anyone would be expected to have a very good win percentage there.

You have to dismiss Bolton because they are a basket case.

No idea on him to be honest.

Nick

Administrator
Is this the kind of club we are now? If things aren't working straight away we'll just scrap it all and start again? Is that what people genuinely want? Is this going to be our existence from now on? Just randomly appointing managers hoping that one day we might get lucky and have a good season so we can get back to the Championship. I mean fuck a long term plan or building for the future or any of the boring shit. Mowbray has in no way done a good job this season but look at it logically, if we sack him what's more likely to happen? A. we appoint Mr. Unnamed Super Manager who magically signs a load of amazing players and gets us promoted within one season or B. we appoint another mediocre manager who signs some bang average players with his now reduced budget as we of course have to pay Mowbray and his backroom staff off and we stumble to another midtable finish? Now, as an alternative we could give Mowbray another season and another summer transfer window to try and turn things around and hopefully learn from the mistakes of this season and then at the end of the season if significant progress hasn't been made we don't renew his contract and we bring someone else in. Sacking a manager after only a year in charge when we aren't even under the threat of relegation and weren't even really fancied for promotion in the preseason is short-term mental at it's finest and not what this club needs. I bet it's the same pricks on here who cry when we sell players because "we're only thinking of the short term" that want us to be sacking managers after a year in charge. This club is rotten to the fucking core, fans included.

So 1 place above last year is fine because progress has been made?

Nobody else bothered we were over 10 points clear in the playoffs and screwed it up, as he has done elsewhere?

Otis

So 1 place above last year is fine because progress has been made?

Nobody else bothered we were over 10 points clear in the playoffs and screwed it up, as he has done elsewhere?
Yep.

So when we were top and top 3 and top 6 and we were saying what a good team we were and how we really fancied our chances of going up, in reality, in our hearts we knew we had a very poor team and that 16th place would be fine?

I don't believe we had a brilliant team, but by the same token we didn't have a poor side either. What has caused out downfall has been the inability to change and the persistence of a system that stopped working.

Add in a sprinkling of Joe Cole and standing by the likes of Ricketts etc and it is clear to see where it has gone wrong.

Also the 34 club has hurt us (Cole, Ricketts, Hunt, Fortune, Henderson).

It is quite easy to pinpoint where it has gone wrong. TM may be shaking his head, but most fans aren't.

stevefloyd

Its not the 1st 4 months we are worrying about its the alarming loss of any semblance of a win in the last 4 months that has us all baffled and bewildered, any manager worth his salt would keep the players on their toes but its just not happening, we are virtually devoid of tactics battling or anything... If he had kept us sort of in the mix maybe we could accept a downturn in form BUT this is relegation form and had it not been for our good start we would be facing life in a lower division next season

steve82

Neil Lennon has been in attendance the last two games...

No thanks, too much arrogance about him and done nothing to note as a manager.
Knowledge of this level is the key, what it takes to get us out... Type of player, ability and mentally... Fighters not has beens or technical players with no bottle.
I'm not happy with the way our season has collapsed and concerned with the lack of want or ability to change the game and system.
I am prepared to give TM another crack. I do really hope that he's used this year as a big learning cure and learns from the mistakes made. If the recruitment is done correctly we could patently challenge for a play off spot or more.
We need a lot more characters in the team that have the desire to pull on each other to drive the club forward. Players that will put a foot in and chase down the 2nd ball, not give up and coast through a game.
Sure we're gonna need loans again most likely a striker but early signs are TM is looking to recruit his own players.
Burton built there team over a few seasons, as Bournemouth did to. It's gonna take time.

Captain Dart

Finally, some common sense. Owners couldnt give a shit if we are in Championship or Conference, so long as they do not have to put any money in. It started to go tits up when Waggott or someone fucked up the budget and instead of 11k break even, it became 14k. Maddison sold and form turned to shit. Also cruel luck losing Reda has not helped.

I thought it could have been like this...

Anderson : 11,500 crowd is break even
Seppala: Great, with my interest on ARVO loans?
Anderson: Err, no that doesn't include the interest
Seppala: I want my f***ing interest paid
Anderson: Err OK, that’s 14,000 then

* Conversation imagined & bares no relationship to actual events or persons.

oucho

As I said in another thread, I'll be happy overall if we exceed our "points earned" total (i.e. before the 10 points deduction) from our first season in League 1, which was our best thus far.

I know it's bitterly disappointing after such a strong start, but over the course of the season, taken together, this season HAS been a significant improvement.

Captain Dart

Neil Lennon has been in attendance the last two games...

Has he been scouting for someone (Leics maybe) while he waits for his next role?

Captain Dart

Not sure. God knows if he is any good or not.

You have to dismiss Celtic, because anyone would be expected to have a very good win percentage there.

You have to dismiss Coventry because they are a basket case.

No idea on him to be honest.

Fixed it for you.

lifeskyblue

As I said in another thread, I'll be happy overall if we exceed our "points earned" total (i.e. before the 10 points deduction) from our first season in League 1, which was our best thus far.

I know it's bitterly disappointing after such a strong start, but over the course of the season, taken together, this season HAS been a significant improvement.

I have to disagree. If the season stopped at Xmas ... Then yes a great improvement. But overall little or no improvement. In fact the form over last three months worse than last season. Does the last three months provide hope or fear for next year?

Users who are viewing this thread