Mowbray has gone (1 Viewer)

Hobo

Mowbray actually said he would be considering things over the next few days....has he actually gone?

Captain Dart

From Twitter, someone from the scg said apparently.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Careful Head boy Strange will hold them all on the radiators till they squeak on the rat who leaked that.

stupot07

Careful Head boy Strange will hold them all on the radiators till they squeak on the rat who leaked that.
Tbh, I doubt the league have done the scmp benchmarking yet so I doubt the clubs would have had the league report yet (I think it comes out twice a year) which benchmarks your budget against everyone in the league.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

olderskyblue

He did by selling everything that moved. Once we moved to the Ricoh we were back to losing fortunes and back to the debt level again

Fair enough. But did we lose that much before sisu took control ? What was it, 18 months after the move to the Ricoh?

rondog1973

Listen, SISU have continued the mess...escalated it infact.

But you do know the club was a mess financially before they arrived?

I know there's many parts of our club that's much, much worse but insinuating that the mess is only due to SISU is inaccurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, you listen.

What fucking good does it do bleating about the Richardsons & Robinsons of this world when their poisonous influence has long since departed this football club?

We were a club with reasonable aspirations of a top flight return when Joy & co took the helm, and now what? Malign incompetence cost them stadium ownership which another hedge fund accomplished within a month.

Much as you'd like to sound like a wise old sage with this 'they inherited a bad scenario' slant, you simply end up deflecting the blame from the rot that has taken us to this pitiful status, and will plunge us to further depths, regardless of who manages the football team.

rondog1973

Aspirations to Salvageable.

If one had business acumen, one would've laughed at Ranson and asked if he was taking the piss.
You seem to be implying i'm contradicting myself....

Cast your mind back to the some of the spectacular results the squad that season achieved in and around the time Sisu took charge. Man Utd, top flight Blackburn and top of the league West Bromwich all humbled on their own patch. The footballing side of affairs weren't too far off the finished article.

So yes, salvageable or aspirational however way you want it.

Last edited:

usskyblue

You seem to be implying i'm contradicting myself....

Cast your mind back to the some of the spectacular results the squad that season achieved in and around the time Sisu took charge. Man Utd, top flight Blackburn and top of the league West Bromwich all humbled on their own patch. The footballing side of affairs weren't too far off the finished article.

So yes, salvageable or aspirational however way you want it, no contradiction on my part, was responding to your choice of words.

I don't care if you contradict yourself or not.

It's rather obvious that Coventry City FC were royally fucked way before SISU were invited to join the party. Aspirations only belonged to the shortsighted, or those that lack the acumen you spoke of earlier.

Score lines come and go. Mowbray was already a fucking messiah this time last year. What happened after Christmas? The SISU factor?
No. He lost the plot and Armstrong dried up.

rondog1973

I don't care if you contradict yourself or not.

It's rather obvious that Coventry City FC were royally fucked way before SISU were invited to join the party. Aspirations only belonged to the shortsighted, or those that lack the acumen you spoke of earlier.

Score lines come and go. Mowbray was already a fucking messiah this time last year. What happened after Christmas? The SISU factor?
No. He lost the plot and Armstrong dried up.
I'm not.

The question you failed to answer was did you foresee this demise.

You know, the relegation and relocation.
The failure of every manager, not just Mowbray, to make any kind of progress or sustained assault on a top six finish regardless of league.

The PR disasters, tressel table ticket office and ludicrous pretence, upheld to this day, that we are looking at sites for a new stadium.

Fuck all to do with anyone else other than Sisu to be honest.

usskyblue

I'm not.

The question you failed to answer was did you foresee this demise.

You know, the relegation and relocation.
The failure of every manager, not just Mowbray, to make any kind of progress or sustained assault on a top six finish regardless of league.

The PR disasters, tressel table ticket office and ludicrous pretence, upheld to this day, that we are looking at sites for a new stadium.

Fuck all to do with anyone else other than Sisu to be honest.

I was aware that the previous regime had run up a £60 million debt, and that they sold our stadium to rent a new one. Did you miss that?

Are you saying that you thought Ranson's mates had a bottomless pit of expendable cash ? They were, and are, an asset stripping hedge fund. They came in when every right minded investor laughed at us.

I found out later how much the rent was. Game over. In fact, didn't we all start wondering about SISU's business acumen at that point. Or did you miss that too?

I think your aspiration didn't match the situation.

Astute

He did by selling everything that moved. Once we moved to the Ricoh we were back to losing fortunes and back to the debt level again
But why was it bad that McGinnity sold what he could to try and get the debt down that was there when he took over but is OK for SISU to sell what they can? Surely if it is good for one it is good for the other.

Astute

I was aware that the previous regime had run up a £60 million debt, and that they sold our stadium to rent a new one. Did you miss that?

Are you saying that you thought Ranson's mates had a bottomless pit of expendable cash ? They were, and are, an asset stripping hedge fund. They came in when every right minded investor laughed at us.

I found out later how much the rent was. Game over. In fact, didn't we all start wondering about SISU's business acumen at that point. Or did you miss that too?

Not a bad skim over of the facts.

But how about digging down a bit further? SISU never came to our football club to make us successful. They came to us to make money. They took us on just before administration. Anyone else would have waited. But they knew that there was others interested. That is why they jumped in just before the deadline.

Ranson sold them his dream. He was on board with them. He knew that getting our share of ACL back was the best thing for our long term future. But it was all gambled on promotion. This failed. SISU then realised how much it would cost just to have a chance of promotion. So they pulled the plug on unlimited funding. Ranson wanted out so he went.

So what could they do next? Plan A had failed after 1 year.

Plan B. Get the arena without the debt and as cheaply as they could. Distress ACL. Stop paying the rent. But it sounded like it could survive without the rent. Hello Northampton. Nobody else would want an arena in Coventry. Ooooops hello Wasps. Better get back quickly. Sell players to keep us going. Promise TM 50% of all transfer fees received on top of 60% of income. Do well for half a season. Then say that they got the finances wrong. Break even as we were getting suddenly moves up a couple of thousand per game. No money to strengthen as needed for the second half of the season.

Never mind. 60% plus the Maddison money to put a squad together. Then they drop another bombshell. No money from the Maddison sale. It is needed to keep us going. The cheaper decent players have already been signed by other clubs. TM can't afford the players he thought he could. So it is all his fault that he left it all too late. He is left without a decent goalscorer. We haven't played like the bottom side. We don't have a leaky defence as you would expect from the side that has a gap to the team in 23rd. We just don't have the goals.

We can blame who we want. But it won't change anything. Richardson was the start of it all. But if we hadn't got relegated when we did we would have had the extra money that Sky put into football. We also went down as the money for league clubs suddenly went. We wouldn't be where we are now if our share of the arena was put up as equity for a loan that kept us going. And if SISU had put our club before trying to make money we wouldn't be here either.

You can't blame SISU for what happened before they arrived. But you can certainly blame them for a lot of what has happened since.

oucho

So any update on whether we know if he has actually gone or not?

Grendel

But why was it bad that McGinnity sold what he could to try and get the debt down that was there when he took over but is OK for SISU to sell what they can? Surely if it is good for one it is good for the other.

Mcginnity sold the right to buy back Highfield road and also he refused to go into administration at a time when there was no punishment.

Grendel

In a week where many are exposed for greed and corruption, here is a man who has publicly stated he wont take a single penny...not even that which he is entitled too....
I hope he stays...
I wonder if he has laid an ultimatum at Joy's door...fund me or fire me?

He may under the contract terms not be entitled to any money.

D

Deleted member 2477

Well glad to see those on here that were bleating got what they wished for.
As evo and others have said changing the manager isnt the quick fix answer to this mess. I will remind one or two of you in 12 months time when you are moaning about the new poor bastard who believed the sisu bullshit and came here.

12 managers in 9 years under these clowns doesnt lie.
Rip ccfc

rondog1973

Didn't miss it, no. My original post was a response to Weeman's stating that it does nobody any good bleating about the shortcomings of a regime that are no longer here. Sisu regrettably....

You do at least acknowledge that they didn't have the acumen to turn it around I suppose and that they, with their finances, we're stupid to think that they could.

Last edited:

Otis

Well glad to see those on here that were bleating got what they wished for.
As evo and others have said changing the manager isnt the quick fix answer to this mess. I will remind one or two of you in 12 months time when you are moaning about the new poor bastard who believed the sisu bullshit and came here.

12 managers in 9 years under these clowns doesnt lie.
Rip ccfc
Nope, it probably doesn't, but as I have said before (many others having said the same too), Sisu don't choose the formation of the team. Sisu don't choose the tactics or pick the 11 that go out there on the field of play.

Sisu don't make the substitutions and Sisu don't pick the physical size of players we bring to the club.

Sisu don't change the tactics during the game.

We simply can't think like this, because if we did we would be saying that no manager can ever be crap for us and the truth is, obviously they can be.

For all Sisu have done wrong, Mowbray has made many mistakes too as well as making some odd decisions.

Fine if we can't attract the quality of player we want. Fully get people blaming Sisu for that, but they didn't go out and bring slim players lacking physical attributes to the club. TM could have gone for physicality, he didn't.

Last edited:

Astute

Mcginnity sold the right to buy back Highfield road and also he refused to go into administration at a time when there was no punishment.
Some people would prefer to pay back money owed to local companies. You would have preferred us to do it the Leicester way. And you say Richardson is not to blame although he sold HR and run up the debts that crippled us.

SkyblueBazza

So any update on whether we know if he has actually gone or not?
We know that he hasn't gone...despite what the little Professors on here say.

He spoke like a man at a loss as to what more he can do in his interview, & is therefore considering his position. An honest & honorable way of going about things. My gut feel is that he will still be here on Saturday.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

standupforcity

In a week where many are exposed for greed and corruption, here is a man who has publicly stated he wont take a single penny...not even that which he is entitled too....
I hope he stays...
I wonder if he has laid an ultimatum at Joy's door...fund me or fire me?

I hope so...TM is a man of integrity, and can call the tune. I'd be very sorry to see him leave, I'm mean who's out there who could do a better job?! It's a bit like trying to replace Wenger, only at a much lower level of course! A true football man... Anyway, as far as I can see, he hasn't left yet so the OP is is misleading!!!

Users who are viewing this thread