Mowbray has gone (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Should we forget that Richardson started it all and got out just before it went tits up?

I blame SISU for what they have done wrong. And they have done a lot wrong. But they are only with us because of what happened previously.

I doubt any of us will forget Richardson. Doesn't mean we should be pulling him out as a get out of jail free card everytime that someone blames SISU for something.

SkyblueBazza

delusional with all reports going on how could you not believe it
I wasn't deluded...just believe that Newspapers invariably fall over themselves in a clamour to be where 'you heard it here first' - & especially when the club appear to not be on good terms with this particular paper.
Some on here were reporting he had gone last night when he clearly hadn't

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Nick

Administrator
I wasn't deluded...just believe that Newspapers invariably fall over themselves in a clamour to be where 'you heard it here first' - & especially when the club appear to not be on good terms with this particular paper.

How do you know he hadn't? I think the fact he drove home to M'boro and said bye to the players first says he probably had.

Captain Dart

I think he had, I Keiran Crowley former CCFC press officer said he had gone on twitter.
I think Kieran is still in contact with a number of players, I suspect one of them told him.

Warwickhunt

One saving grace the Chesterfield game being cancelled gives a new man a chance to familiarise himself with the players he has inherited

Grendel

Cole....quality if fit. He wasn't. That is why he came to us. Not much quality in the rest of them. If some of the Maddison money was given to him better quality players couldhave been brought in to keep up with the promotion push. It didn't. The rest is history.

Why did he need money to keep a promotion push? The club were running away with the league.

The only way to miss on the play offs was to play like a relegation team.

Sky Blue Kid

Why did he need money to keep a promotion push? The club were running away with the league.

Are you suggesting Mowbray and the team deliberately threw promotion away?

Malaka

Just because it was not officially announced does not mean that he had not gone. He said he spoke with Mark Venus after the game and to Seppala today. I said one of the players told me he had left last night, turned out to be true not speculation, so he had gone hadn't he? Clearly??

Astute

Relying too much on young players and having Maddisons head totally turned didn't help at all.

Astute

He picked the wrong players. Had his team selections been different I think there is a more than half decent chance we would be in the Championship today.
Yes he made mistakes. We all do. But he must have been lucky to have got us top and finish 8th if he is clueless.

Sky Blue Kid

Yes he made mistakes. We all do. But he must have been lucky to have got us top and finish 8th if he is clueless.

What gets me is how the fook can we be 5-6 points clear at Christmas, then fall away so badly, but suddenly slam in 4 wins in 5 games at the end?

Captain Dart

Couldn't Sepalla's guide dog read the contract then? Naughty doggy, you must do "Due Dilligence" the next time you go for a poo.

Diligence is no name for a dog, too poncey. Unless that is its a small poodle.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

He did well for a good chunk of the season, but that bit from Christmas until the last 8 games or so was baffling.

A lot of us could see what was going wrong, but he seemed unable to react to it.

I didn't think he was clueless by any means, and I wouldn't have sacked him yet. He did however make some bizarre moves, unfortunately last season that cost him promotion and in the process undid a lot of the good work he did from the first six months.

ceetee

Not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere but on Midlands Today at lunchtime they said there would be a special phone-in on CWR tonight at 5:30pm

Grendel

Relying too much on young players and having Maddisons head totally turned didn't help at all.

Last season there wasn't that many young players and Maddsion played 3 games in the run to November

Skyblueweeman

Couldn't Sepalla's guide dog read the contract then? Naughty doggy, you must do "Due Dilligence" the next time you go for a poo.

I was in a seminar the other day with Jeff Mostyn, chairman at AFC Bournemouth as well as some former Stoke City director who now owns the Orlando MLS franchise. Both said that when they both got involved with their respective clubs, the one thing they were guilty of was lack of due diligence.

Seems a common theme with perspective club owners.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pipehitterz

Has admitted to trying ' too high ' with his recruiting

No shit Sherlock

So can we all now admit, he was shit and not the ' Best manager we've had ' ( reTwitter )

He Fucked up, he Fucked us up.

Legacy done

stevefloyd

So it was Sisu's fault when we were top of the league and top 3 and then top 6 for a large chunk of the season last year?

I like Mowbray, I really did, but he has made serious errors. We cannot just excuse every manager because we have shitty owners.

Have Sisu given Mowbray a 24th place budget or not? The answer is not. We clearly should not be bottom. We are bottom because of poor recruitment by Mowbray and his picking the wrong formations and tactics and making the incorrect substitutions.

Now there may well be a knock on effect from how the owners run the regime here, but in spite of everything 'Sisu' we are drastically underperforming. That HAS to come down to the manager.

If we were midtable and going nowhere, you would have a point, but we are not, we are 10 games in, without a single win and bottom of the table.

Unless Sisu have cut Mowbray's budget enormously this season (no-one have said that is the case), then this poor level of performance rests on the managers shoulders.

We get it, Sisu are shit owners, but we can't just keep blaming them for everything and anything, such as the City being overrun in games because the manager decided to change systems of his own volition.
Absolutely correct,yes we have unconvincing owners BUT they gave TM and crew a budget and they brought in the players we now have, they under performed for him or they are just not good enough...time will tell Venus now takes charge but wasn't it him who identified or help identify the players we now have? so we are stuck until the January sales with what we have !
We need inspiration and we need it fast...very very fast

Brighton Sky Blue

Running away with the league is pushing it a bit but yes it could only have taken relegation form not to have made the top 6 from our position at New Year. When the wheels fell off he had no idea how to get them back on.

SkyblueBazza

How do you know he hadn't? I think the fact he drove home to M'boro and said bye to the players first says he probably had.
But that hadn't been said in what I had seen at that point in time. And I didn't know that he hadn't either.
All I am saying is I don't just glibly accept what the papers say...that ok with you???

SkyblueBazza

Just because it was not officially announced does not mean that he had not gone. He said he spoke with Mark Venus after the game and to Seppala today. I said one of the players told me he had left last night, turned out to be true not speculation, so he had gone hadn't he? Clearly??
Same reply as I made to Nick. No offence meant.

Users who are viewing this thread