More Wasps BS? (17 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
I assume he has no intention of going back to question Nick Eastwood on the indemnity clause and the fact there are no legals and it’s a complaint that can’t be dropped

Of course he won't.

He will just mislead everybody who watches the news while the Telegraph mislead their readers and the Trust mislead while pretending to speak for the fans.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The sky blue trust have retweeted the video... I expect a pro-wasps statement soon... especially if they’ve read the tweets in response to the video.

cant have anyone criticising Wasps - thoughts @CJ_covblaze? I know you’re against it... but has Eastwood been in touch with the rest of the board - you know to try and turn the opinion?

chiefdave

The sky blue trust have retweeted the video... I expect a pro-wasps statement soon... especially if they’ve read the tweets in response to the video.
FFS, should have learnt by now that however low your expectations of the trust are they will always manage to go lower. How difficult would it have been for them to do as little as just a tweet to say this is bollocks.

Skyblueweeman

Just checked...the Trust only have 164 followers on Twitter.

And they're supposed to represent our fan base!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

russ15

Would be hard to justify from the college side if they've made out there is a need to sell it and then don't purely to suit Wasps financial situation.

What it needs now is someone local with a bit of cash to come in and make an offer!
The tenants are Wasps. We presume they are renting it in order to be able to close the doors without gaining planning permission, and also to override the community use order, which doesn't stand if it is not being used for sport. They have already stated that the facilities are of no use to them as they stand, which can only mean that they are planning to sit on it for a while until all of the groups and teams have given up and gone elsewhere. Apart from that, the college has to be seen to be maximising income, which if they were waiting for the planning to be granted and shutting the doors of their own accord, they wouldn't be doing, but are if the London franchise are paying rent. The whole thing stinks including both organisations. We have contacted them to say that we are willing to offer whatever Wasps are offering, but they are not interested. I wonder why????? We can and will still be objecting to planning, when they finally get the courage to submit it, based on the community order.

clint van damme

The tenants are Wasps. We presume they are renting it in order to be able to close the doors without gaining planning permission, and also to override the community use order, which doesn't stand if it is not being used for sport. They have already stated that the facilities are of no use to them as they stand, which can only mean that they are planning to sit on it for a while until all of the groups and teams have given up and gone elsewhere. Apart from that, the college has to be seen to be maximising income, which if they were waiting for the planning to be granted and shutting the doors of their own accord, they wouldn't be doing, but are if the London franchise are paying rent. The whole thing stinks including both organisations. We have contacted them to say that we are willing to offer whatever Wasps are offering, but they are not interested. I wonder why????? We can and will still be objecting to planning, when they finally get the courage to submit it, based on the community order.

If your theory is correct then it's disgusting that not only are they taking a community facility but they are going to mothball it when it could be being used by the local population
They really have become emboldened by the licence to do what they want they've been given by CCC and the local media.

MalcSB

Exactly what I thought, devious underhand bastards that wasps are.

MalcSB

So why were the media saying that "contracts had been exchanged on the sale" a few weeks ago?? Or did i mis-hear that?
Completion probably subject to planning permission. Preceded by a lease to allow existing users to be kicked out, land lies dormant for a while but, as suggested, no existing sporting users to hinder the planning application.

shepardo01

Recorded BBC MTD, just watched back the snippet.
To be fair, they removed the bullshit from Eastwood. Briefly mentioned Henley (Russ, did you see?)... plans have "proved controversial"
Probably had to re cut due to twitter hammering... well done all.
Still sickening to see the Ricoh full of Yellow and black.

chiefdave

Recorded BBC MTD, just watched back the snippet.
To be fair, they removed the bullshit from Eastwood. Briefly mentioned Henley (Russ, did you see?)... plans have "proved controversial"
Probably had to re cut due to twitter hammering... well done all.
Still sickening to see the Ricoh full of Yellow and black.
Well thats something, more than CWR or the Telegraph would do. Obviously it was recut as the part of the interview they used to trail the piece is no longer in there so well done to everyone who picked up on that. If Midlands Today were ever in any doubt as to what people in Coventry think of Wasps being here they just need to look at the response that tweet got. 64 replies and every one of them negative about Wasps being here.

chiefdave

That's absolutely disgusting. Would like to see any of their supporters try and defend that.

Brighton Sky Blue

If you need to call in a fumigator to disinfect the place before January just give us a shout. Winter tends to be a quiet time for them anyway.

Bertola

Big pile of tickets for today’s game being offered out at my local last night... don’t think anyone took any

Nick

Administrator
The telegraph are trying their hardest this morning.

Wasps are so great, they aren't changing the seat colour and ccfc can come back if they drop the legals

wince

Wasps are so great, they aren't changing the seat colour and ccfc can come back if they drop the legals
Its so sad , There was a thread recently about the pink and how everyone looked forward to reading about ccfc after the match , and then the CET on a Monday for a report , While the Red tops were always full of bull , and click bait head lines .The Telegraph had a reputation for telling it like it was , Sadly its now a local paper with a Red Top mentally regardless of the real story , which serves neither the readers it has or the ones its trying to attract

clint van damme

The cynic in me thinks they're trying to distract everyone from this Henley business. I'm sure there's a perfectly innocent explanation though.

Users who are viewing this thread