More Wasps BS? (4 Viewers)

shepardo01

What is happening here then?... why this interview now!?
Their "Christmas Cracker" Saturday.....
Are we expecting a telegraph story and trust statement in line with this!?
It will certainly whip up the "all SISUs fault" lot.
Why is he also making out that the "legals" (complaint) can be dropped!? Misleading and done to whip up a frenzy from those less informed?
Thoughts!?....

fernandopartridge

The BBC at national level are criticised for acting not as journalists but just uncritically passing on false information fed to them by CCHQ / Dominic Cummings etc.

Good to see the standards are the same at local level as well. I hope the full report does a bit of research on the EC investigation and whether or not it can be 'withdrawn'.

shepardo01

The BBC at national level are criticised for acting not as journalists but just uncritically passing on false information fed to them by CCHQ / Dominic Cummings etc.

Good to see the standards are the same at local level as well. I hope the full report does a bit of research on the EC investigation and whether or not it can be 'withdrawn'.
Eastwood knows it can't be withdrawn. Why is he lying. Somebody should call HIM out on it....

shepardo01

The Save Henley guy has also been quiet recently.
Have Wasps got to him to tell him to tone it down??

Last edited:

chiefdave

Bit odd, why's he bringing this up? Didn't some people guess, based on previous cases, that around this time would be when the EC decided if they were going to proceed or not, maybe something is imminent.

shepardo01

Bit odd, why's he bringing this up? Didn't some people guess, based on previous cases, that around this time would be when the EC decided if they were going to proceed or not, maybe something is imminent.
Good shout,
Could it possibly be that the complaint may be being taken forward, they have had a sniff that this may be the case.
Que interview from Cowboy Clint saying drop legals... all of a sudden, case made public, guess who are the bad guys and the barrier of evil to get back to Ricoh, yes, that's right SISU, who did not drop the undroppable complaint!!!

Skyblueweeman

Not a totally daft suggestion
Hotel operators can get long term funding to put up a building, it is then franchised out
If they cannot buy the site - the landowner can grant a long lease with an upfront premium and ongoing rentals. A budget hotel could raise £5k a year per room.
As an aside, major hotel operators are stepping further away from an owned and operated model and moving more towards franchised properties. Less outlay on bricks and mortar etc etc.

As an example, in 2010, Hilton had less than 5 franchised properties in the UK out of about 120.

Today, out of about 155 hotels, I'd say about 90-100 are franchised.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

oldfiver

As an aside, major hotel operators are stepping further away from an owned and operated model and moving more towards franchised properties. Less outlay on bricks and mortar etc etc.

As an example, in 2010, Hilton had less than 5 franchised properties in the UK out of about 120.

Today, out of about 155 hotels, I'd say about 90-100 are franchised.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hilton's portfolio now swapped in to REIT

shepardo01

Let's get back on track.
Why is Nick Eastwood doing an interview on TV saying if CCFC / SISU drop legals (that can't be dropped and aren't legals, and aren't against Wasps) that the club can play at the Ricoh....
Why this, why the inaccuracies and why now!?

covmark

Let's get back on track.
Why is Nick Eastwood doing an interview on TV saying if CCFC / SISU drop legals (that can't be dropped and aren't legals, and aren't against Wasps) that the club can play at the Ricoh....
Surely the trust, our group of fans with CCFC at the forefront of their thinking, should be the first in the queue to question Mr Eastwood on his bullshit interview??

No? Thought not.....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Let's get back on track.
Because he can, nobody seems to question it.

russ15

The Save Henley guy has also been quiet recently.
Have Wasps got to him to tell him to tone it down??
Hello mate, no chance of that ever happening. We're waiting on a couple of things that have legal ramifications and have been for a while now. The College announced that the facilities were being taken over by new tenants as of December 3rd, and out of the goodness of the new tenants heart, they were giving us access up to the end of December, before shutting it to the public. We're all wondering why they might be renting it to them in the first instance???????? Perhaps this saves them from having to apply for planning permission and having this refused? Good to see that Wasps are still actively pushing their work in the community scheme. We're still confident that this will not go through on a permanent basis. Incidentally, if this ever did get approved, they would be in for a fun time, as the feeling towards them round here is toxic.

chiefdave

Touchy. I must have missed where the BBC corrected Eastwood's bullshit with the basics.
Even if it was a genuine mistake not to challenge him as he didn't realise what he was saying was BS you'd expect a follow up tonight correcting it. Along the lines of 'it has now emerged that CCFC can't drop the legals'. We all know that won't happen and that ignores the issue that the most basic of fact checking hasn't been done.

Nick

Administrator
Even if it was a genuine mistake not to challenge him as he didn't realise what he was saying was BS you'd expect a follow up tonight correcting it. Along the lines of 'it has now emerged that CCFC can't drop the legals'. We all know that won't happen and that ignores the issue that the most basic of fact checking hasn't been done.

I doubt it:

It looks more like a PR piece to sell tickets to their Christmas Match.

I wonder how much of the things from the past 5 years they will actually mention?

Liquid Gold

I hope they cover 5 years of falling attendances, players leaving, falling down the table, failing to qualify for Europe, promises broken about the training ground and redeveloping the area around the Ricoh, the attempt to kick the accademy out, the attempt to kick the sports centre out, actually kicking the club out etc.

Nick

Administrator
I hope they cover 5 years of falling attendances, players leaving, falling down the table, failing to qualify for Europe, promises broken about the training ground and redeveloping the area around the Ricoh, the attempt to kick the accademy out, the attempt to kick the sports centre out, actually kicking the club out etc.

Maybe they will mention how they gave falsified evidence to auditors as well and got fucked off by the auditors?

jordan210

Funny how local journalists always use sound bites about SISU dropping the legals that cant be dropped as its a complaint but never about wasps indemnity clause

Grendel

Maybe they will mention how they gave falsified evidence to auditors as well and got fucked off by the auditors?

Lol you seemed to have upset Dan

jordan210

I know wasps are a bit strapped for cash. But you would think they might have given the seats a little wash before going on TV.

chiefdave

It's weird, even when questioned they refuse to even acknowledge it.
That's the giveaway. If it was a genuine oversight you'd acknowledge the correction and as it doesn't air until tonight either edit it appropriately or point out the issue when it airs. We all know that won't happen.

Nick

Administrator
That's the giveaway. If it was a genuine oversight you'd acknowledge the correction and as it doesn't air until tonight either edit it appropriately or point out the issue when it airs. We all know that won't happen.
Same as when the trust don't mention it either.

chiefdave

Hello mate, no chance of that ever happening. We're waiting on a couple of things that have legal ramifications and have been for a while now. The College announced that the facilities were being taken over by new tenants as of December 3rd, and out of the goodness of the new tenants heart, they were giving us access up to the end of December, before shutting it to the public. We're all wondering why they might be renting it to them in the first instance???????? Perhaps this saves them from having to apply for planning permission and having this refused? Good to see that Wasps are still actively pushing their work in the community scheme. We're still confident that this will not go through on a permanent basis. Incidentally, if this ever did get approved, they would be in for a fun time, as the feeling towards them round here is toxic.
Who will be the tenants? Seems a bit odd to me. Are they bringing someone else in so that they can kick everyone out and then when Wasps takeover they can claim it was nothing to do with them as everyone had already been thrown out?

Grendel

Chris W I see is dating it’s nothing to do with Wasps and is being backed up by his buddy John Fletcher

Nick

Administrator
Who will be the tenants? Seems a bit odd to me. Are they bringing someone else in so that they can kick everyone out and then when Wasps takeover they can claim it was nothing to do with them as everyone had already been thrown out?
Wasps will be the tenants I think.

chiefdave

A bit strange though considering it was meant to be sale.

I am sure Eastwood being on the board of both was able to sort a compromise though.
Would be hard to justify from the college side if they've made out there is a need to sell it and then don't purely to suit Wasps financial situation.

What it needs now is someone local with a bit of cash to come in and make an offer!

Users who are viewing this thread