More news on Ryton (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 2477

Im sure the next statement will be that weve found a training ground to rent whilst plans are being drawn up to build our new training facilities on a mysterious piece of land we have identified for it.
In other words we can sell ryton and bullshit rugby council and sports england until the money is in the bank and then goodby ccfc

D

Deleted member 2477

If they are planning to stay then why wont they provide answers to the following
1/ whats the plan regarding losing the ricoh in 18 months time ?
2/ why are they selling ryton when it was large enough for us in the premiership ?
3/ what is in place to replace ryton if its sold ?
4/ when sisu are clearly in financial trouble how are they funding the new stadium and training ground
5/ whats going to happen to the academy and why no action b by the club ?

SkyBlueZack

Maybe they could build a first team and academy facility. Get a sponsor to pay for it. They keep the money and go. We get facilities and them gone. Win win. Now, anyone know any sites?

D

Deleted member 2477

May be ill win 140 mil on the euro and buy the club. Problem solved

rupert_bear

No they didn't the statement is.. "Implementation of site allocation DS3.9 can only occur when adequate replacement of pitch provision is made to the satisfaction of Rugby Borough Council and Sport England in accordance with national planning policy". That could mean something different, it certainly mentions nothing about training facilities just requires 2 replacement pitches as far as I can see.
Two pitches is still a large piece of land I assume unused at the moment and maybe in itself could be used for housing anyone know a piece of land that size around the area ?

tim07

Grendull a really WOEFUL attempt at Sisu apologist diversion.
Must do better.
You were shit.
The fact is Sisu are stripping our last asset and Venus is fronting it with some embarrassing bullshit story. Normal fans wouldnt be happy with that. then there's you.....
Poor GrenDullard....SISU's mouthpiece may be waking up.

Is he hoping that Less Read will come over the hill on his white charger with scoop on how the City Council have somehow conspired with Wasps to bring a property developer onto CCFCs board?

Doh!

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

Some of the pro sisu club seem to have gone quiet since the whole training ground and housing news has come out. Cant see how anyone can defend sisu now as its pretty clear what they are doing and what the end game will be

Although tbf sisu are just doing the best for their business. Playing devils advocate here but if you were owed 10m then would you care who you hurt as long as you got it back? (Legal of course)

torchomatic

But that's not actually going to happen if we can't find another training facility, is it?

skybluetony176

But that's not actually going to happen if we can't find another training facility, is it?

Read what RBC actually said, not CCFC's spin on it. It says playing surfaces. Nothing more nothing less. It's so ambiguous and by no way confirms us moving to a new training facility owned by the club. We really shouldn't take our eye of the ball on this one.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So taking the report (plus previous ones) and what was said at face value.

The intention is to have this modern integrated site that covers the first team and academy needs. That the site at Ryton is not big enough. That the process has been on going for sometime. We know that the sale of Ryton has been looked at by the present owners before (2014?)

- so what exactly is the song and dance at the Higgs Centre? Clearly this report quoting a club director and agent indicates there is no long term intention of being at AHC doesn't it?
- What are they looking to construct as a replacement? How many pitches ? because if it covers the Academy then the club need 6 or 7 don't they? The bigger it is the bigger the cost?
- what is the likely cost of acquiring & building this new site. Surely they will have conducted "due diligence" on that to confirm it is the right option so must know in general terms at least?
- How when we do not have a pot to pee in do we afford this new build, will the Ryton sale be fully applied to the new site?
- When are the club going to engage properly with its customers over this and other infra structure projects for the club?

All pretty much rhetorical questions as I think I can guess the answers

It is not so long ago that managers/players were being quoted about how the Ryton set up attracted players to the club - what changed?

letsallsingtogether

Who knows what's on store or their thinking they need bigger facilities I believe Villa looked at buying it off us a few years back is it big enough for that small club?

chiefdave

Some of the pro sisu club seem to have gone quiet since the whole training ground and housing news has come out. Cant see how anyone can defend sisu now as its pretty clear what they are doing and what the end game will be
Is there really anyone who's pro-SISU? Not sure what people expect, as the saying goes don't poke a bear. The Ricoh being sold to Wasps removed any chance of SISU being able to sell the club at anything close to a price they will deem acceptable. They are looking for a way out, does anybody really believe SISU want to own a football club.

So they will look to alternatives. On the plus side it means we might see them gone sooner rather than later and it also means liquidation is less likely in my opinion.

Of course the key here is what we are left with. This is why I was hoping our local media would speak with RBC and Sport England to get further detail on what has to happen to allow SISU to sell Ryton. For example some sort of partnership with Warwick Uni which sees the whole training setup, including academy, moving there wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. That's a very different prospect to a 12 month deal to train at some run of the mill facility.

chiefdave

so what exactly is the song and dance at the Higgs Centre? Clearly this report quoting a club director and agent indicates there is no long term intention of being at AHC doesn't it?
They were talking about moving the first team to Higgs as well. If that was the plan, which fits in with the stated requirements, then the sale to Wasps has put a huge spanner in the works.

And even if the long term plan was to leave the Higgs what do we do in the interim? If we lose academy status its not going to be easy to get it back.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
sorry if I am being a bit cynical CD but the idea of moving the first team there as expressed by CA was after the transfer of the site to CAWAT and Wasps confirmed involvement. Cant help thinking it was a statement by CA to try make people think again rather than a plan. Did CSF actually get asked to consider such a move before 18 March 2016? Did the Higgs Charity?

What if losing the Academy is part of this Ryton move?

chiefdave

sorry if I am being a bit cynical CD but the idea of moving the first team there as expressed by CA was after the transfer of the site to CAWAT and Wasps confirmed involvement. Cant help thinking it was a statement by CA to try make people think again rather than a plan. Did CSF actually get asked to consider such a move before 18 March 2016? Did the Higgs Charity?
Anderson has publically stated it, CSF have not made any statement to the contrary. Given the PR spin put on everything I can't imagine CSF would miss such an open goal. All they need to do is drop out in one of the interviews given to the CT that Anderson never mentioned moving the first team to Higgs.

oucho

Sorry if this has been mentioned above, but why is MV involved in all this??? Even as technical director, he's only meant to be overseeing football matters. Now that his most immediate responsibility os managing the first team, I am even more surprised to see him burning time and effort on such topics as selling the training ground for housing. Surely he could leave this to our full-time board members, oh, wait....

GaryPendrysEyes

Is there really anyone who's pro-SISU? Not sure what people expect, as the saying goes don't poke a bear. The Ricoh being sold to Wasps removed any chance of SISU being able to sell the club at anything close to a price they will deem acceptable. They are looking for a way out, does anybody really believe SISU want to own a football club.

So they will look to alternatives. On the plus side it means we might see them gone sooner rather than later and it also means liquidation is less likely in my opinion.

Of course the key here is what we are left with. This is why I was hoping our local media would speak with RBC and Sport England to get further detail on what has to happen to allow SISU to sell Ryton. For example some sort of partnership with Warwick Uni which sees the whole training setup, including academy, moving there wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. That's a very different prospect to a 12 month deal to train at some run of the mill facility.

1. There is a group of Sisu apologists, of which you are one.
2. 'Dont poke a bear', nope-- the reality is a hedge fund was always going to be an asset stripper, it didnt need any poking;and spare us the sell them the Ricoh cheap and they would have sold at a good profit and would have gone crap... They blew it because they are a shit business
3. Also spare us that it's a plus they are asset stripping Ryton it smacks of be nice to the bully (a 'bear' as you call this bunch of incompetents) and they will leave you alone
4. Also spare us pointing at anyone but Sisu for communication (the media, or RBC, Sports England), Its down to Sisu to explain whats going on they own the facility and club ffs

Try holding Sisu to account, for a change.

torchomatic

Read what RBC actually said, not CCFC's spin on it. It says playing surfaces. Nothing more nothing less. It's so ambiguous and by no way confirms us moving to a new training facility owned by the club. We really shouldn't take our eye of the ball on this one.

But no one can seriously think we would leave ourselves without anywhere to train. If Warwick University offered us some permanent space then that would be great. I've not got any emotional attachment to Ryton or anything. It's not like it was HR.

Captain Dart

Although tbf sisu are just doing the best for their business. Playing devils advocate here but if you were owed 10m then would you care who you hurt as long as you got it back? (Legal of course)

TBF I don't care a fig about SISU's business woes, if they didn't understand the true costs then they should never have got involved.

Captain Dart

It is not so long ago that managers/players were being quoted about how the Ryton set up attracted players to the club - what changed?
Haven't you noticed SISU's storey is as changeable as the wind.

Wheelfass

Is Mark Venus actually the devil within........
Isn't it strange how Mark Venus incorporated Dedham Vale Homes with companies house on 26th August 2015.... it's on companies house.... I was told this would happen some time ago
I recall reading on this forum in recent months that Dedham Vale Homes was set up by Mark Venus, his wife and two builders and that the companies portfolio was "empty". Could it have been set up because of the planned re-development of Ryton and that this company already has the franchise for the site?
Maybe he actually does want the job, if he is prepared to put his name to selling our training ground for houses.
How would it be perceived by the fans should Venus be appointed the new team manager. He could spin the fans that as "Manager" we would be heading in the right direction by looking to move away from Ryton and that the new facility could only benifit the team and the club as a whole. At the same time he may have a completely different agenda in mind. It could be a very clever move by him to be wearing two hats.......don't you think?
I think Venus is their next puppet frontman just to see it through now..................Mowbray for all his managerial mistakes wasn't and therefore quite honourably fell on his sword and got out of this toxic disgusting charade !
I wonder if Tony Mowbray knew what was being planned by his "mate" Mark Venus and had disagreed with the morals of the plan. Mowbray had a disastrous start to the season, that cannot be denied and that can probably be attributed to to his budget, poor choices, tactics or maybe even the undercurrent of apathy from the owners. But maybe he really did fall on his own sword. Maybe the writing on the wall was very clear to him and he needed to escape from the evilness that is destroying our football club.

duffer

Straight question: Who the hell here is pro-SISU? Where is this pro SISU club, and does it serve alcohol?

As for Ryton, from the club's point of view I couldn't care over much about selling it as long as we've got somewhere with broadly similar facilities to train. However I entirely accept that given the nature of the owners we're not going to end up with anything as good as Ryton, this because they're crap.

However at one point, that alternative could've been the Higgs. But the place that was built with us in mind has been taken over, permanently, by Wasps - even though they didn't actually need to. There weren't half as many complaints about that, because it screwed over SISU, and to some that seems far more important than the actual future well-being of the club.

Plenty here who seem happy for us to do a deal with Wasps regarding renting the stadium, and also now for us to be renting bits from them for the academy. Is there much difference between that and renting training facilities for the first team? Maybe we could do a deal with Wasps again, eh.

The issue here is that the Ryton money probably isn't destined for the club, or at least much of it. Heads up: None of the money that we give to Wasps comes back to the club either.

torchomatic

However at one point, that alternative could've been the Higgs. But the place that was built with us in mind has been taken over, permanently, by Wasps - even though they didn't actually need to. There weren't half as many complaints about that, because it screwed over SISU, and to some that seems far more important than the actual future well-being of the club.

Absolutely the crux of it. Not a whisper with Higgs, not a whisper when Wasps grabbed the Ricoh, because it buggered SISU. And the club, of course, but hey, thems the breaks. As long as SISU get it, who cares?

Sky Blue Kid

But no one can seriously think we would leave ourselves without anywhere to train. If Warwick University offered us some permanent space then that would be great. I've not got any emotional attachment to Ryton or anything. It's not like it was HR.

But I have Torchy. I've had many Cup matches played there, and it's always been (In my lifetime) part of CCFC. Like I said to you in another post We had problems back in the 30's but because it was before your time with CCFC it didn't count, well I've got news for you. It f**king does!

hill83

Absolutely the crux of it. Not a whisper with Higgs, not a whisper when Wasps grabbed the Ricoh, because it buggered SISU. And the club, of course, but hey, thems the breaks. As long as SISU get it, who cares?

Whilst you aren't wrong that's no reason to casually brush this latest travesty off.

torchomatic

Whilst you aren't wrong that's no reason to casually brush this latest travesty off.

I'm not as I'm not an hysterical girl as I genuinely believe this will a) never happen or b) won't happen until be have a permanent facility to move to.

torchomatic

But I have Torchy. I've had many Cup matches played there, and it's always been (In my lifetime) part of CCFC. Like I said to you in another post We had problems back in the 30's but because it was before your time with CCFC it didn't count, well I've got news for you. It f**king does!

Each to their own of course. It's a training facility,we can get another. It's not like Highfield Road, nowhere near like it.

Users who are viewing this thread