More news on Ryton (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Kid

And they were the preferred bidder by ACL so doesn't CCC have to accept some culpability for allowing them in? And CCC allowed another Hedge Fund to purchase the Ricoh.

That's ok then.

I'm not a SISU apologist fwiw, I just see the bigger picture that although SISU are the main reason we are where we are, they're NOT the only party responsible.

I think just about every forum member sees the bigger picture but some seem to blame CCC/ACL for the downright ineptitude of SISU to do at least one thing right. Of course CCC/ACL are culpable to an extent, but f**k me some need to wake up and see who, by a vast distance are the major protagonists in all this shitfest!

torchomatic

This is all assuming people will deal with sisu something I have doubts about frankly, their reputation goes before them. If they don't sisu look stuck with Ryton

True. However as i keep saying i don't think it'll happen anyway.

Astute

Yes, I know it's our one remaining asset but I don't believe even SISU would sell it without having a permanent solution somewhere else. Warwick University maybe. I think Venus would have the sense to tell SISU we need somewhere else first.

I could be wrong, of course.
I think that we will end up renting somewhere. Then it would be a similar situation to the Ricoh. We wouldn't have somewhere of our own and would rely on other owners. We all know that it is a bad situation to be in.

Skyblueweeman

I think just about every forum member sees the bigger picture but some seem to blame CCC/ACL for the downright ineptitude of SISU to do at least one thing right. Of course CCC/ACL are culpable to an extent, but f**k me some need to wake up and see who, by a vast distance are the major protagonists in all this shitfest!

True. But no one is pro-SISU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

No, if Wasps weren't here at all then there would be an option to move to Higgs permanently, all CCFC training facilities under one roof. Ideal. But not an option as from tens of sites, good ole Wasps chose that one.

It also seems "Good ole SISU" paid "Lip service" with an offer to buy into ACL but with a list of proviso's thrown in, whereas Wasps just made a straight forward offer. Wasps fault? And as you all know I hate Wasps with a passion, so can't be called a "Wasps Lover" I'm doing a "Nick"... Just for balance.

robbiekeane

I think you need to have a word with RFC on that one mate ;)
That's the thing though isnt it...even that deluded fool isn't "pro-SISU".

No-one that I know is, and noone i've seen on this forum. But that doesn't stop people from seeing past the pathetic "blind hatrid" that mean everyone points towards SISU for everything that possibly goes bloody wrong.

Sky Blue Kid

That's the thing though isnt it...even that deluded fool isn't "pro-SISU".

No-one that I know is, and noone i've seen on this forum. But that doesn't stop people from seeing past the pathetic "blind hatrid" that mean everyone points towards SISU for everything that possibly goes bloody wrong.

Do you mean the "Blind Hatred" of something that has ripped the heart out of every CCFC fan, and couldn't give a Fat One about the Club?
Do you mean the "Deluded Fool" that, even now, believes SISU will build a Stadium?

torchomatic

It also seems "Good ole SISU" paid "Lip service" with an offer to buy into ACL but with a list of proviso's thrown in, whereas Wasps just made a straight forward offer. Wasps fault? And as you all know I hate Wasps with a passion, so can't be called a "Wasps Lover" I'm doing a "Nick"... Just for balance.

Don't disagree. SISU messed up big-time over the Ricoh. They should have paid the price. Don't forget though there were fans on here and on the CT site wailing "Anyone but SISU, they'll just borrow on the Ricoh". And, of course it's not Wasps fault, they saw an opportunity and they moved, as ruthless with their fans and heriitage as SISU are. SISU are obviously the biggest culprits in all this but the reason I save a healthy dollop of hate for CCC is the fact they didn't need to sell to Wasps. They could have kept hold of the Ricoh until SISU either came up with the money or they buggered off. Never going to happen now and looks what's happened in two short years; No ground and the one we use is plastered in Wasps badges, a countdown on the Academy as Wasps chose that site despite many others being available, Wasps and CCC making Coventry a "City of Rugby", etc. The ground and training facilities built for CCFC are now owned by a LOndon franchise with zero chance of CCFC getting a stake in either. SISU at fault? Yep, but others too.

And as I said earlier, fans are up in arms about this, but they weren't when Wasps marched into town or when the Academy was in danger.

Last edited:

duffer

Whilst respecting your opinion Duffer, What has selling Ryton Training Ground got to do with Wasps?

You've no need to respect my opinion SBK, no other bugger does. The point is that I'm not convinced that selling the training ground per se is a terrible idea. I think it's the fact that SISU are doing it that bugs people. If Wasps hadn't bought up the Higgs centre then there was at least a half-feasible idea for moving the whole shebang there, which in fairness was mooted prior to the deal going through.

The brutal fact, for me, is that if Wasps hadn't been allowed to move up here and purchase the Ricoh we'd be in a better position all round and might not even be talking about this - whether our crappy owners were still with us or not.

Apologies for dragging Wasps into it again, I don't doubt that everyone here tires of my bitterness about it. However to my eyes the deals between Wasps, the Council and the Higgs will do far worse damage to the club than anything that SISU could ever do to us - including (if or when it comes to it) another insolvency. I'll try to shut up about it now... :)

torchomatic

You've no need to respect my opinion SBK, no other bugger does. The point is that I'm not convinced that selling the training ground per se is a terrible idea. I think it's the fact that SISU are doing it that bugs people. If Wasps hadn't bought up the Higgs centre then there was at least a half-feasible idea for moving the whole shebang there, which in fairness was mooted prior to the deal going through.

The brutal fact, for me, is that if Wasps hadn't been allowed to move up here and purchase the Ricoh we'd be in a better position all round and might not even be talking about this - whether our crappy owners were still with us or not.

Apologies for dragging Wasps into it again, I don't doubt that everyone here tires of my bitterness about it. However to my eyes the deals between Wasps, the Council and the Higgs will do far worse damage to the club than anything that SISU could ever do to us - including (if or when it comes to it) another insolvency. I'll try to shut up about it now... :)

Spot on. My feelings exactly. Wasps will do more damage to CCFC than SISU ever will.

Sky Blue Kid

Don't disagree. SISU messed up big-time over the Ricoh. They should have paid the price. Don't forget though there were fans on here and on the CT site wailing "Anyone but SISU, they'll just borrow on the Ricoh". And, of course it's not Wasps fault, they saw an opportunity and they moved, as ruthless with their as SISU are. SISU are obviously the biggest culprits in all this but the reason I save a healthy dollop of hate for CCC is the fact they didn't need to sell to Wasps. They could have kept hold of the Ricoh until SISU either came up with the money or they buggered off. Never going to happen now and looks what's happened in two short years; No ground and the one we use is plastered in Wasps badges, a countdown on the Academy as Wasps chose that site despite many others being available, Wasps and CCC making Coventry a "City of Rugby", etc. The ground and training facilities built for CCFC are now owned by a LOndon franchise with zero chance of getting a stake in either. SISU at fault? Yep, but others too.

And as I said earlier, fans are up in arms about this, but they weren't when Wasps marched into town or when the Academy was in danger.

A big point in what you say... "Anyone but SISU, they'll just borrow on the Ricoh". Surely you can understand the logic in your Quote? They hadn't been in Coventry very long before they Re-Mortgaged Ryton... and now they're looking to sell it!

torchomatic

A big point in what you say... "Anyone but SISU, they'll just borrow on the Ricoh". Surely you can understand the logic in your Quote? They hadn't been in Coventry very long before they Re-Mortgaged Ryton... and now they're looking to sell it!

But you forget. What was the first thing Wasps did? Who mentions that on here?

skybluetony176

It's not the fact that SISU are doing it that bothers me, it's the fact that there is no coherent plan of how this is going to benefit the club. The fact is that they've done more to convince me that Ryton will be sold and houses will be built on it in the last three weeks than they have to convince me that any new stadium, ground share at the BPA or any new training ground/academy will ever materialise in the last three years. That's worrying. And referring to an interpretation, maybe misinterpretation of something that RBC have said only worries me even more.

Last edited:

torchomatic

If that happens it will be because SISU are a willing victim. SISU already have done more damage to CCFC than all the others combined and they aren't finished yet.

We'll agree to disagree. Whomever you blame, the combination of all of them have ensured we will die a slow lingering death. Roll on 2264.

Sky Blue Kid

Spot on. My feelings exactly. Wasps will do more damage to CCFC than SISU ever will.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing ain't it. If only.... If only... If only....... If only SISU had bought into the Ricoh on the start of their tenure... If only SISU had bought into the Ricoh when it was offered some 2-3 years into their tenure... If only SISU had made a FIRM OFFER instead of that "Lip Service" when Wasps had made their firm, and without any proviso's offer. things would be all fantastic today... *Shakes**Shivers**Snaps out of daydream*

tim07

I'm not too sure I see any relevance.
i) SISU hated having ACL as a landlord (because they hate CCC and Higgs)
ii) there's been a change of landlord, now they hate them as well.

Did they want the Ricoh?
Of course, but didn't want to pay for it.

So what has changed?

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Apparently Venus' company not involved.

Does anybody have better pictures of the drawings? They usually have the builder / planner name on them don't they?

tim07

We'll agree to disagree. Whomever you blame, the combination of all of them have ensured we will die a slow lingering death. Roll on 2264.

Hindsight's a wonderful thing ain't it. If only.... If only... If only....... If only SISU had bought into the Ricoh on the start of their tenure... If only SISU had bought into the Ricoh when it was offered some 2-3 years into their tenure... If only SISU had made a FIRM OFFER instead of that "Lip Service" when Wasps had made their firm, and without any proviso's offer. things would be all fantastic today... *Shakes**Shivers**Snaps out of daydream*
Beg to differ, Kid.

I'm frequently staggered to see that some subscribers on here think that Ricoh would ever have been in CCFCs ownership under SISU.

This was NEVER, EVER going to happen.

SISU's plan was to take ownership for free and rent it back to the football club at a commercial rent. That's why tiers of ownership were created from day one.

This does not have anything to do with Wasps.

torchomatic

Think we're planned to have a stripey kit that year Torch. Just when things were looking better, eh?!

Well, at least I won't be around to see it.

torchomatic

eastwoodsdustman

From what I can see, people are up in arms about what Sisu may or may not do if Ryton is sold off. With the academy losing use of the higgs centre it would make sense to get the academy and 1st team facilities together but this can't happen at Ryton. If they need to sort one out why not get them both together instead of at a later date and at more cost?
The real issue isn't the sale but whether Sisu actually go ahead and purchase a new piece of land further on down the line and build a new facility. I fully understand peoples concerns after the 'new ground debacle' that's been rumbling on.
Like others have said though, Wasps are the reason we are now at this point and the council are the reason that Wasps are here.

Sky Blue Kid

Beg to differ, Kid.

1) I'm frequently staggered to see that some subscribers on here think that Ricoh would ever have been in CCFCs ownership under SISU.

2) This was NEVER, EVER going to happen.

3) SISU's plan was to take ownership for free and rent it back to the football club at a commercial rent. That's why tiers of ownership were created from day one.

PS. As an add-on, If by some miracleSISU built, or went in half shares at the Butts, How much would they charge CCFC rent... I'll bet it would be astronomical. Just saying this for balance like ;)

4) This does not have anything to do with Wasps.

1) I've always said CCFC wouldn't own a Stadium, only "Rent" off SISU.

2) Refer to point No 1.

3) Refer to point No 1.

4) It does to a certain degree. SISU should have made a firm offer like Wasps did, not a "Piss in the wind" one ;)

Last edited:

shmmeee

Everyone's had an impact, and I'm sure on the CCC and ACL fans forums they must be fuming. But this is a CCFC forum, we discuss CCFC.

It's the constant whatabbouttery and acting as if Sisu are just poor dears being buffeted around by these massive forces, rather than the sole owners of our club and the people responsible for its outcomes.

Sounds like a teenager that hasn't done his homework: everyone's fault but the person responsible for it.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Just curious have wasps started changing the stadium like seats ect around the place does it still feel like ccfc or more wasps when you visit? is there any date when wasps will change everything over?

Samo

Everyone's had an impact, and I'm sure on the CCC and ACL fans forums they must be fuming. But this is a CCFC forum, we discuss CCFC.

It's the constant whatabbouttery and acting as if Sisu are just poor dears being buffeted around by these massive forces, rather than the sole owners of our club and the people responsible for its outcomes.

Sounds like a teenager that hasn't done his homework: everyone's fault but the person responsible for it.

But the fact remains that CCC have endangered the future of our club by selling to wasps. Yes SISU may have had it coming but they have damaged the club in their eagerness to fuck up SISU and shown scant regard for it's plight beyond SISU or the tradition and heritage of our club in the city.

The Gentleman

But the fact remains that CCC have endangered the future of our club by selling to wasps. Yes SISU may have had it coming but they have damaged the club in their eagerness to fuck up SISU and shown scant regard for it's plight beyond SISU or the tradition and heritage of our club in the city.

So are you saying that Sisu haven't endangered the life of our football club too?

Users who are viewing this thread