More news on Ryton (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Kid

Each to their own of course. It's a training facility,we can get another. It's not like Highfield Road, nowhere near like it.

Yeh? You sure about that? I honestly don't think that is in SISU's plans mate.

torchomatic

Yeh? You sure about that? I honestly don't think that is in SISU's plans mate.

As I said, if we don't get another facility then we won't move. I'll let you and the others get hysterical over it. I'm not going to.

Sky Blue Kid

As I said, if we don't get another facility then we won't move. I'll let you and the others get hysterical over it. I'm not going to.

Of course you won't get hysterical, you don't give a f**k about our heritage do you... Unless it concerns you.. Wait a minute?

torchomatic

Hard not to be sceptical, especially with owners who took us 34 miles away.

And yet some of the same complainants on here want to be taken over by Wasps. They have form too, remember.

Sky Blue Kid

Absolutely right. Am I also allowed to be similarly sceptical about getting involved with owners who permanently moved their club 80+ miles in that case?

Whilst respecting your opinion Duffer, What has selling Ryton Training Ground got to do with Wasps?

torchomatic

Of course you won't get hysterical, you don't give a f**k about our heritage do you... Unless it concerns you.. Wait a minute?

Ah, you've resorted to your little swearing mode again. I'll leave you to it.

torchomatic

Whilst respecting your opinion Duffer, What has selling Ryton Training Ground got to do with Wasps?

We'd be able to move to the Higgs wouldn't we for a start?

Otis

And yet some of the same complainants on here want to be taken over by Wasps. They have form too, remember.
Not many want that though, Torch. Some would accept it, but hardly anyone apart from Italia and a few others actually embrace the notion.

And no, Duffer, we shouldn't just believe Wasps and trust them either.

Think we have to be very careful of who we are getting into bed with.

I don't particularly trust Wasps at all. That is at least 73.546% more than I trust Sisu though. ;)

D

Deleted member 2477

Bottom line is, there are plans to sell things and no plans to buy anything.

Hard not to be sceptical, especially with owners who took us 34 miles away.

Plus all the crap and false promises around our new stadium. This just smacks of the same

torchomatic

IIRC for 12-18 months, then after that........

No, if Wasps weren't here at all then there would be an option to move to Higgs permanently, all CCFC training facilities under one roof. Ideal. But not an option as from tens of sites, good ole Wasps chose that one.

chiefdave

1. There is a group of Sisu apologists, of which you are one.
Good one :rolleyes: was I also a SISU apologist when I was being accused of working for the council?
2. 'Dont poke a bear', nope-- the reality is a hedge fund was always going to be an asset stripper, it didnt need any poking;and spare us the sell them the Ricoh cheap and they would have sold at a good profit and would have gone crap... They blew it because they are a shit business
No a hedge fund would always want to make money. We know what their original plan was under Ranson. I think most people would then agree they wanted to get the Ricoh as cheaply as possible to add value to the club prior to a sale. With other avenues exhausted of course they are going to look to maximise their return.
3. Also spare us that it's a plus they are asset stripping Ryton it smacks of be nice to the bully (a 'bear' as you call this bunch of incompetents) and they will leave you alone
Haven't said its a plus, although I would say its likely a better option than those who are pushing for liquidation - which would undoubtedly also see us lose Ryton. I have been saying for months if we want rid of SISU we need to provide a viable exit strategy. That still stands, if anyone has a better option they should make it known.
4. Also spare us pointing at anyone but Sisu for communication (the media, or RBC, Sports England), Its down to Sisu to explain whats going on they own the facility and club ffs
SISU have explained it, but understandably nobody believes them, hence why I was hoping the media would follow up.
Try holding Sisu to account, for a change.
Holding SISU to account doesn't mean blindly shouting SISU out.

torchomatic

I'm tempted to swear after being called a hysterical girl for showing genuine concern for another asset being potentially sold off. Don't try and claim any high ground you condescending prick.

I won't.

Skyblueweeman

Some of the pro sisu club seem to have gone quiet since the whole training ground and housing news has come out. Cant see how anyone can defend sisu now as its pretty clear what they are doing and what the end game will be

See, this. Just bullshit. No offence mate. Absolutely NO ONE is pro-SISU. Why carry on with stuff like that?! Everyone has differing opinions on where the problems stem from but we're all pro-CCFC and no one is pro-SISU.

skybluetony176

But no one can seriously think we would leave ourselves without anywhere to train. If Warwick University offered us some permanent space then that would be great. I've not got any emotional attachment to Ryton or anything. It's not like it was HR.

It is the last remaining asset that the club own. Can you not see how this potentially mirrors leaving HR for the Ricoh? Should we not learn some lessons from that?

ajsccfc

Some of the voices in marcus' head have gone quiet since the news came out, more like

Oy oy!

torchomatic

Don't tell me.... Your little lad is reading the forum again eh? Like hill83 says you're a condescending prick. You can swear on here as good as the rest of us pal!

I sure can.

torchomatic

It is the last remaining asset that the club own. Can you not see how this potentially mirrors leaving HR for the Ricoh? Should we not learn some lessons from that?

Yes, I know it's our one remaining asset but I don't believe even SISU would sell it without having a permanent solution somewhere else. Warwick University maybe. I think Venus would have the sense to tell SISU we need somewhere else first.

I could be wrong, of course.

Sky Blue Kid

Yes, I know it's our one remaining asset but I don't believe even SISU would sell it without having a permanent solution somewhere else. Warwick University maybe. I think Venus would have the sense to tell SISU we need somewhere else first.

You very well could be!

colin101

And what happens when SISU fall out with Warwick University..........I guess another Court case to keep us amused LOL

Last edited:

torchomatic

Well once again, as already said by hill83... Don't fucking try taking the moral high ground then.

Fuck me. Do you now mention Hill83 in every post? I'm going to start mentioning Hill83 in every post too from now on.

HypocrisyMeter.gif

torchomatic

And what happens when SISU FALL OUT WITH Warwick University..........I guess another Court case to keep us amused LOL
DOn't worry, I'm sure we'll be taken over by Wasps and everything will be grreeeaat.

Skyblueweeman

the reality is a hedge fund was always going to be an asset stripper.

And they were the preferred bidder by ACL so doesn't CCC have to accept some culpability for allowing them in? And CCC allowed another Hedge Fund to purchase the Ricoh.

That's ok then.

I'm not a SISU apologist fwiw, I just see the bigger picture that although SISU are the main reason we are where we are, they're NOT the only party responsible.

torchomatic

rupert_bear

This is all assuming people will deal with sisu something I have doubts about frankly, their reputation goes before them. If they don't sisu look stuck with Ryton

Users who are viewing this thread