MK Dons - Ticket Sales Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Local away game, decent record against them, always take big number with a decent atmosphere and the magic of the FA Cup.

What is there not to get excited about?

Yes the league takes priority and it’s a shame there isn’t the same big rush to get up the Ricoh but it’s a nice distraction away from all the troubles the club currently has.

I'm more excited about Swindon to be fair!

Nick

Administrator
Can’t say I’ve ever been excited about playing Swindon, but it’s definitely a more important game to win

I meant the game against them and other league games. It's hardly as if MK Dons are a team to be massively excited about either.

SKYBLUES90

I meant the game against them and other league games. It's hardly as if MK Dons are a team to be massively excited about either.

The team itself no, but the last few games we have had at MK stick out for me as being the best away games I’ve been to.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Got mine and my boy's ticket this morning and he'll be well chuffed and hopefully will make up for me not taking him to the Stoke game :(

For those driving, I use JustPark where people rent out their driveways (was excellent when I've been to Edgbaston). Looking at my account, they've got a referral programme where new users get a fiver (and for openness, I do too!). So if you register on this link, you'll basically get free parking for the MK game :)

Get £5 free!

CovBurty

I'm going. last away games Wolves. long time. It's F A cup, so special game. Even more special as so many City fans in the ground. Reminds me of Stoke FACup game in 87. Well worth the trip. Just wish MK Dons would give us more. 10k fans is doable if they did. Just need the City to turn up now. Enjoy

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Maybe people should tweet MK about fans missing out and giving more to CCFC, I still don't get the commercial logic of having something you can sell but choosing not to sell it. Complete madness but football clubs don't seem to run on commercial logic unless in the top division.

Calista

I don’t get why people don’t get it, as this match is so different from a run-of-the-mill L2 encounter, and it was always going to be a scramble for tickets. It’s not a huge deal for me to miss it, but it might be a memorable one.

The ST holder is king when buying tickets for cup ties like this, which is fine. But in my case, an ST isn’t viable, as circumstances dictate that I can’t get to very many games these days. So I use match packages instead, and I’ve missed out on MK this time.

CCFC obviously need to encourage more fans, and I guess by rewarding ST holders the idea is that more ST’s will be sold in future. But is trying to build support via. existing ST holders really the way to grow?? It’s only a hunch, but I imagine ST holders tend to be more affluent, probably a bit older and possibly leaning more towards places outside the city? When they can get hold of four tickets for a game like this (or six in the case of Wembley last year), a small group of ST holders could have 8, 12, 18 or more tickets to dish out. How many will end up with potential regular fans, and how many people will be having one-off family days out?

I don’t mind missing out personally this time. But the club has a massive task on its hands to build a bigger young fanbase. There’s a whole generation (arguably TWO generations) in the city who’ve never seen the kind of football that would get them fully committed to CCFC. The “occasionals” have to be converted into regulars. Some will have the Sky Blues as their second team, after one of the big six, and only watch the City when they feel like it. Money is tight, they won’t have an ST, and a lot of them won’t get to the MK game which is just the sort of event that could get them more on board in future.

2 or 3 tickets per ST holder would have been better IMHO.
PUSB

pusbccfc

Nick

Administrator
I don’t get why people don’t get it, as this match is so different from a run-of-the-mill L2 encounter, and it was always going to be a scramble for tickets. It’s not a huge deal for me to miss it, but it might be a memorable one.

The ST holder is king when buying tickets for cup ties like this, which is fine. But in my case, an ST isn’t viable, as circumstances dictate that I can’t get to very many games these days. So I use match packages instead, and I’ve missed out on MK this time.

CCFC obviously need to encourage more fans, and I guess by rewarding ST holders the idea is that more ST’s will be sold in future. But is trying to build support via. existing ST holders really the way to grow?? It’s only a hunch, but I imagine ST holders tend to be more affluent, probably a bit older and possibly leaning more towards places outside the city? When they can get hold of four tickets for a game like this (or six in the case of Wembley last year), a small group of ST holders could have 8, 12, 18 or more tickets to dish out. How many will end up with potential regular fans, and how many people will be having one-off family days out?

I don’t mind missing out personally this time. But the club has a massive task on its hands to build a bigger young fanbase. There’s a whole generation (arguably TWO generations) in the city who’ve never seen the kind of football that would get them fully committed to CCFC. The “occasionals” have to be converted into regulars. Some will have the Sky Blues as their second team, after one of the big six, and only watch the City when they feel like it. Money is tight, they won’t have an ST, and a lot of them won’t get to the MK game which is just the sort of event that could get them more on board in future.

2 or 3 tickets per ST holder would have been better IMHO.
PUSB

The younger fanbase get free season tickets up to about 13 or 14 don't they if they sign up as a JSB and they will more than likely be going with an adult season ticket holder so could have gone to MK off theirs?

I am not sure it is "so different" to a normal League 2 match, don't buy all of the "bigger ground and local" stuff as we play at a local big ground every couple of weeks and struggle to fill a stand.

pusbccfc

The three things that make it a bigger occasion for people are:

1) Cheap tickets and even cheaper travel. As I said previously, tickets and travel for this is the price of a ticket on the day at the Ricoh.

2) Good memories from previous trips to MK. The two wins we had there probably make it onto people's list of favourite away games.

3)The Stoke game was better than any league game for the atmosphere and excitement. Beating MK Dons would take us to the 5th round which would provide better 'scenes' than any league game half way through the season would.

Obviously, I'd love people to go to the home matches, but I'm not surprised people have jumped on the bandwagon for this.

coop

Got mine and my boy's ticket this morning and he'll be well chuffed and hopefully will make up for me not taking him to the Stoke game :(

For those driving, I use JustPark where people rent out their driveways (was excellent when I've been to Edgbaston). Looking at my account, they've got a referral programme where new users get a fiver (and for openness, I do too!). So if you register on this link, you'll basically get free parking for the MK game :)

Get £5 free!
Looked on there some decent parking spots but where are the pubs.

Calista

The younger fanbase get free season tickets up to about 13 or 14 don't they if they sign up as a JSB and they will more than likely be going with an adult season ticket holder so could have gone to MK off theirs?

I am not sure it is "so different" to a normal League 2 match, don't buy all of the "bigger ground and local" stuff as we play at a local big ground every couple of weeks and struggle to fill a stand.

I didn’t mention bigger ground, I agree with all PUSB’s 3 reasons (post 341).

The younger generation I’m talking about* aren’t children – people in their 20s or 30s have never known a successful City team have they, which is shocking. How many of our ST holders are in that age group, and how does it compare to other clubs (obviously I don’t know, but I suspect the answer might be worrying).

And I know we struggle to fill a stand at the Ricoh, which is why I’m looking for ways to slowly change that. We need new blood, and I doubt if prioritising existing ST holders so heavily over everyone else is the best way to do it. No problem at all with rewarding them, just not quite so much ;)

* Edit - just realised that I'm probably several decades older than you, which explains why our definitions of "young" differ :)

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Tickets for Non ST holders were £17 before any fees etc in advance, you can get tickets for £22 in advance so it's not a massive difference is it in terms of price?

So many people I can see are looking for a day out on the piss, so again a fiver isn't really that massive is it by the time you have had to travel down there, get your beers, get to the ground etc?

I don't see the issue with rewarding ST holders with it, it went to the next priority this morning and if the allocation was bigger there would have been more there. How many of the 8,000 odd are the people in their 20's and 30's?

Obviously I'd prefer people who will be going to Swindon or Cambridge to get priority, but that would be a logistical nightmare to try and calculate which user can have access to tickets at certain times and for one game a season it isn't really worth investing in a system to do it.

wingy

I'm going. last away games Wolves. long time. It's F A cup, so special game. Even more special as so many City fans in the ground. Reminds me of Stoke FACup game in 87. Well worth the trip. Just wish MK Dons would give us more. 10k fans is doable if they did. Just need the City to turn up now. Enjoy
Bloody hell.
Last and only time I went to Wolves they were still wearing white butchers coats. No joshing really but not too long after that era.
They were waiting under the underpasses for us with their blades out. Scary shit! :$

Last edited:

Calista

Tickets for Non ST holders were £17 before any fees etc in advance, you can get tickets for £22 in advance so it's not a massive difference is it in terms of price? So many people I can see are looking for a day out on the piss, so again a fiver isn't really that massive is it by the time you have had to travel down there, get your beers, get to the ground etc? I don't see the issue with rewarding ST holders with it, it went to the next priority this morning and if the allocation was bigger there would have been more there. How many of the 8,000 odd are the people in their 20's and 30's?

Obviously I'd prefer people who will be going to Swindon or Cambridge to get priority, but that would be a logistical nightmare to try and calculate which user can have access to tickets at certain times and for one game a season it isn't really worth investing in a system to do it.

And neither do I, as I said! It’s just a matter of where you draw the line – for me, priority and a couple of tickets each would have been enough. Then the limited allocation wouldn't have been so much of a factor. Match package holders, who surely we want to reward as well, stood almost no chance this morning.

I definitely get why an occasional fan on a limited budget would rather spend (say) £30 on the buzz of the MK trip than (say) £25 on a home League 2 match. And ironically, it’s games like MK that might slowly turn “occasionals” into regulars, so we need to think hard about how the tickets get distributed.

Edgey95

If people are sitting in the home end, what stand is anyone buying their tickets in?

Marty

I'm a season ticket holder in the 20's and 30's age bracket, and I don't see many in my age bracket, even less taking young kids up and the club really need to address that.

This will be my 4th time to Stadium MK. I'm really looking forward to it. I only think it's fair ST holders get priority. The amount of crap we watch and the money we put into the club, I can't see there being any justification for any other system. We need more fans at home games on a regular basis, I'd welcome free/heavily discounted tickets though.

rob9872

If people are sitting in the home end, what stand is anyone buying their tickets in?
A colleague of mine who goes occasionally (lives in MK but is a Rangers fan) said block 3 - 1 &2 closed and in the past the police have let away fans then move across.

Nick

Administrator
And neither do I, as I said! It’s just a matter of where you draw the line – for me, priority and a couple of tickets each would have been enough. Then the limited allocation wouldn't have been so much of a factor. Match package holders, who surely we want to reward as well, stood almost no chance this morning.

I definitely get why an occasional fan on a limited budget would rather spend (say) £30 on the buzz of the MK trip than (say) £25 on a home League 2 match. And ironically, it’s games like MK that might slowly turn “occasionals” into regulars, so we need to think hard about how the tickets get distributed.

It is MK Dons away though, it isn't Man Utd or Chelsea. We had people whinging how Stoke was a bad draw, a Premier League Team at home but MK Dons is being hyped up like it's Man City away.

I can understand why people might want a day out on the piss with their mates and make a night of it after but then it sort of rules out the limited budget and price side of it.

Edgey95

A colleague of mine who goes occasionally (lives in MK but is a Rangers fan) said block 3 - 1 &2 closed and in the past the police have let away fans then move across.
Sound mate - Block 3 it is then if i cant get an away ticket on the day! Shouldn't have a problem buying on the gate as I don't have a Cov postcode

Calista

It is MK Dons away though, it isn't Man Utd or Chelsea. We had people whinging how Stoke was a bad draw, a Premier League Team at home but MK Dons is being hyped up like it's Man City away.

I can understand why people might want a day out on the piss with their mates and make a night of it after but then it sort of rules out the limited budget and price side of it.
That's not how I see it at all - it's mainly just the atmosphere of travelling in large numbers to support your team. More people leads to even more people. Beer might be a slight factor for some though :)

Users who are viewing this thread