Match Thread MK Dons (Away) (2 Viewers)

Hobo

It takes about 5 to 6 league games for all teams to settle.

When you go down to 10 men and have lost centre of midfield it is a hard rut to get out of.

Robins gambled with subs and formation and it paid off.

Both sides should have scored 2 or 3 today. First competitive game and several positives to take frpm this win and some lessons to learn.

Mucca Mad Boys

You can visibly see mkdons put everything into the first 60 minutes... Bad game management against 10 men... City looking to finish the game the stronger side..

I didn’t really rate MK Dons, to be frank. A weakened side for them, but they looked pretty flaccid in attack. Especially in the second half.

The changing factor for us was Kelly. He got some key interceptions and we managed the game better. Has to start the season for me.

Shout out to Robins for going for it with 10 men - made all the right subs.

Great_Expectations

Poor for 60 minutes, but we really upped the tempo which is especially impressive with 10 men.

I get it’s the cup against a lower league team, but people should surely stop doubting the impact of Kelly now.

Marosi (saves not footwork), Giles, Hyam, McFadz, Kelly, Walker, O’Hare and Baka all highlights for me.

Time for a few ales!

Evo1883

I didn’t really rate MK Dons, to be frank. A weakened side for them, but they looked pretty flaccid in attack. Especially in the second half.

The changing factor for us was Kelly. He got some key interceptions and we managed the game better. Has to start the season for me.

Shout out to Robins for going for it with 10 men - made all the right subs.
IL be very disappointed if kelly doesn't start next week, I imagine he will next to hamer

Mucca Mad Boys

I though Hyam was poor TBH.

Kelly really staking a claim as the first name on the team sheet. Just organised and offers an outlet so well.

Marosi deserves MOTM today, despite some v uncharacteristically poor distribution in the first 30 minutes. Hyam had some dodgy moments too. McFadz was a rock and Giles grew into the game well too. Before he was taken off, Hamer was my MOTM - we actually look dangerous from set pieces now.

Kelly has proven today that he has to start v Bristol. Defensively, he’s an asset and with our v inexperienced side McFadz and Kelly are needed to lead this team.

Tyler Walker has put in a good claim to start v Bristol. I like Gooden, but, Walker gives us more of an outlet when we’re on the back foot in games.

D

Deleted member 4439

dons forum

MKAylesburyDon
Was it a penalty?

cornerdon26
I couldnt tell if it was a penalty even from the replay.

larry_david

If anyone was expecting anything apart from a stop-start, disjointed & ‘not up to speed yet’ performance in that half then that’s just stupid. Not good by any means but also totally predictable & to be expected. I know it’s a waste of time saying this, but ffs give it some time & understand the stage we’re at before reaching for the cyanide capsules.
Mate are you alright?

Ring Of Steel

Mate are you alright?

Doing good, pretty much what I thought was gonna happen happened- ropey start, everyone moaning and complaining & making stupid observations as if we were getting hammered & it was 10 games in, we got better, MR made good decisions and we won. Didn’t see a red card coming (and it wasn’t worthy of one), but made no difference ultimately. A good day (y)

PeterNdlovu14

Kelly continuously just shows an awareness to either win the ball back through interceptions or cut off passes and slow attacks down. An all round, intelligent footballer and as so many have said the game changed when he came on.

Interesting to see how unlike MK who pressed us high, we were quite happy to let them build out from the back. Presumably so we could pinch it and counter attack. I wonder if we used this game as a 'glorified friendly' as a bit of prep for Bristol. At times Godden would press first half and the midfield were not as committed to follow suit, almost as if it was an instruction to allow them to have the ball?

robbiekeane

I watched this on my phone today so didn’t follow the comments on here like I usually would. So, interested to see how my view differs to others and how biased I am usually by the consensus!

Overall I’m happy with that given 10 men for the whole game. Impressed with Robins substitutions and love that we have strength in depth and something else to offer off the bench whereas in the past its been like for like.

Thought O’Hare was outstanding today. His acceleration is incredible and work effort immense, I think he’ll get the shit kicked out of him in the championship but will draw a load of fouls.

Baka put himself about massively and looks in fantastic shape. Chased everything down and I think he will be a nightmare for defenders coming off the bench in the last twenty minutes.

Walker looks great, should’ve passed to Godden though at one point and skied it instead. Think he will score goals.

Godden offside about 7 times.

Giles did really well and not only a great attacking outlet but also looked pretty solid defensively.

Bit nervy with the playing out from the back but think we will be fine just rusty. Oggy was pissing me off kept saying Marosi should play it long more but he’s obviously following instructions.

Ref was an absolute joke I have no idea how he didn’t give a red for their challenge at the end.

Also a great fitness session being 10 men for the whole game and we have a lot of new faces in the squad so going to take some time to gel.

Also it was different to have a team come at us and press us really high and all of our threat was from counter attacks, and we have the pace in players like O Hare and Giles to be effective at that.

I’m excited!

cooperskyblue

Buzzing for Walker.
Baka did well and made na impact.
Look at the amount of champ teams who lost to L1 or L2 teams. We did well considering we had 10 men for 70 mins.
Onwards and upwards

shmmeee

So who do we want round 2 & 3 considering there’s no much point in a big team while there’s no fans. Easy as possible?

lifeskyblue

Not very impressive...but a win with 10men. Robins will have lots to work on but will be pleased we in next round despite being second best for mich of game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread