Match Thread MK Dons (Away) (4 Viewers)

better days

Russel Martin already said MK fielding a second team for this, wonder if we will go full strength.
Interesting
Last season MK fielded their best team in the EFL Trophy game and we sent out fringe players and kids
Seems to be the other way round now based on who played in the friendly yesterday

SleepyGinger

Interesting
Last season MK fielded their best team in the EFL Trophy game and we sent out fringe players and kids
Seems to be the other way round now based on who played in the friendly yesterday

Who do you think will be first choice at rwb to start the season mate?

Sky Blue Harry H

Russel Martin already said MK fielding a second team for this, wonder if we will go full strength.

Not sure he has said this. The bit I read said that he would use the Cov game and midweek Trophy game (v Northampton) to get minutes into players legs and that the results weren't the most important thing. Not trying to be picky, but you would suspect that he is likely to go stronger for the City game and weaker for the Northampton game, in terms of timing before they start their league campaign. Who knows - we'll find out Saturday.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Would definitely use this as a final friendly to get the first team up to speed, with the caveat of leaving out anyone with even a slight knock just in case, which could well include Marosi and Kelly.

Marosi*
Hyam Fadz Drysdale
Pask Kelly* Hamer Mason
O'Hare Allen
Godden​

Wilson*, Giles, Hilssner, Shipley*, Jones, Walker, Baka (Billson and Eccles in if Marosi/Kelly out)

That's the team I'd play.

I reckon MR will favour Giles over Mason and the RWB could well be one of Burroughs or Rowe instead. If it was I'd move Pask into the centre at the expense of Drysdale but think MR would keep that back three.

Briles

I think this game will give a clear indication of our first 11 and formation

Cranfield Sky Blue

I had a chat today with the assistant referee (linesman) from our first game against Posh. He said we should be ok this season. Looked really good again. He also said we were by streets the best side he officiated with last season. As an aside he said that Godden was lightening quick and so clever with his runs, he made life hell for the Peterborough defenders..... and him for offside decisions! Interesting perspective from a neutral!

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I reckon the team will be
3-4-3

Marosi
Burroughs
Pask
Hyam
Drysdale
Mason
Eccles
Hamer
Jodi
Baka
Bapaga

Bench
(Wilson, Giles, McFadzean, Shipley, Allen, Walker, Godden)

Id say a 2-0 win
Goals from Jodi and Godden

Marty

Convincing win 5-1. Godden, Walker and Shipley with the goals.

Sky Blue Harry H

Win would be nice but this season is all about staying in the Championship for me

Agree - use this as first team warm up, get a bit of cash through winning, then throw the rest of the squad at the next game - depending on opposition we might still get through.

SleepyGinger

Play the strongest team possible ready for bristol city Game for me:

Marosi

Pask drysdale mcfadz hyam Giles

Kelly hamer

O'Hare allen

Godden

Users who are viewing this thread