Match Thread MK Dons (Away) (6 Viewers)

NortonSkyBlue

Don't think there is anything more tedious than the blokes that sit on here, not commenting on the football, but instead become Captain Hindsight at the end of the game and moan that people were criticising a poor performance in the thread specifically designed to discuss the game as it happens.
There are some things more tedious such as so called supporters venting their spleen on their own team. It’s one team against another team and you have to earn the right to prevail as we did today.

curly_tom

On the subject of people getting annoyed about people being negative during the game: I think it's fine to express the emotion you feel at the moment you feel it. We all know that feeling when a player is pissing you off with shit passes or missed tackles etc and then they score a screamer and you're going wild. It's ok to resend someone's previos comment and we should all be willing to laugh at ourselves in this situation! I've spent whole matches moaning about some idiot in Sky Blue and then chanting their name when they score the winner, it's part of the theatre of sport I think

Paxman II

I felt disappointed after throwing in a tenner to watch this micky mouse season opener. Some players still need minutes like Shipley. He was not effectivein his role today. Pity as he has much to offer. Kelly getting more minutes is good. Hamer looks quality as do the usual suspects like O'Hare, and co. But this was not the team that will start the next game. We played differently today, and did not look comfortable at it. Yet we were ultimately better than them with 10 men.
Looking forward to Hamer and Kelly together, Sheaf asap, Dabo's return, Rose return, and of course Jones itching for a starting berth.
Walker looks a great signing and Hilsner is yet to show his quality.
We are in good shape.

Liquid Gold

We will not play 3 games in a week.
If you want to be Uber pedantic then we’ll be playing to 5pm on a Saturday, a week from then will be 5pm the next Saturday which will be 2 games but if you take it from half time then you’ve got 2 and a half games in a week and kick off basically three games.

Despite all that we’ll be playing Fridays and Sundays too so yes, he will be playing 3 games a week if he has to.

skybluesam66

If you want to be Uber pedantic then we’ll be playing to 5pm on a Saturday, a week from then will be 5pm the next Saturday which will be 2 games but if you take it from half time then you’ve got 2 and a half games in a week and kick off basically three games.

Despite all that we’ll be playing Fridays and Sundays too so yes, he will be playing 3 games a week if he has to.
its a bit like somebody working monday to friday, saying they do 6 days in a week

Covkid1968#

I don't think that is the case. He often praises him. He just doesn't think he should take risks when it's not needed - like today, which could have cost us.
Whenever I hear Oggy co-commentate I think he makes s lot of sense.
I think he’s been brilliant as the side kick....makes listening to the bumbling Tranmere fan bearable 🤓

Magwitch

I felt disappointed after throwing in a tenner to watch this micky mouse season opener. Some players still need minutes like Shipley. He was not effectivein his role today. Pity as he has much to offer. Kelly getting more minutes is good. Hamer looks quality as do the usual suspects like O'Hare, and co. But this was not the team that will start the next game. We played differently today, and did not look comfortable at it. Yet we were ultimately better than them with 10 men.
Looking forward to Hamer and Kelly together, Sheaf asap, Dabo's return, Rose return, and of course Jones itching for a starting berth.
Walker looks a great signing and Hilsner is yet to show his quality.
We are in good shape.
You do realise we played for an hour with ten men.
Shipley had to move across from wide left and did a good job breaking up their midfield who possession wise were dominant think Robins only took him off because he was knackered and starting to give little fouls away and as he was on a yellow risked getting a red. Candidate for man of the match for me.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Shipley had to move across from wide left and did a good job breaking up their midfield who possession wise were dominant think Robins only took him off because he was knackered and starting to give little fouls away and as he was on a yellow risked getting a red. Candidate for man of the match for me.

Really hope this is sarcasm, but it's hard to judge. 😂😂

fernandopartridge

Christ

Sky Blue Harry H

How many game ban does Drysdale get - if it's two then at least one of them will be the next round of the cup. That may well be the game that MR has targeted for Rose's comeback (as he was on the bench yesterday), so not much harm done overall. For Bristol, CBs are Osti, Fadz and Hyam. have Pask as RWB and move him back inside if any of those 3 have an issue with Burroughs on the bench to cover for Pask.

Irish Sky Blue

Apart from Birmingham in the FA Cup
In the record books that will count as draw after extra time. During the actual game we were undefeated.
I had Derby to beat Barrow yesterday, which they did on pens. The bookies won't pay out as after 90 mins it was a draw.

Sky Blue Harry H

it’s almost like a pre season friendly. Win or lose it’s not a big deal it’s more fitness levels and formation

it’s going to be interesting to see formation wise how we set up. If we go 3 at the back and one up front on Saturday it will be interesting especially if Kelly doesn’t start.

I think very early in he will have to change it and Marosi will have to adjust his distribution

Other than that it’s ok but next week is when it begins

If a team set up against us like we did against MK, it'd be fine playing out from the back, as we let Lewington have the ball unchallenged, so neither he nor their keeper felt pressured. If opponents play tight against our defence then I agree we are going to have to play longer, but at that point we can't have Godden as isolated as he was today (albeit with 10 men for a long period). The difference of having 2 up top if we were playing longer was tangible.

Evo1883

We should look for a short 3 month loan of a RWB and loan drysdale out for a season if possible, I can't see him improving much at all from the bench here and at that age we need to find out if he's going to be good enough, game time will tell us this.. pask covers at CB then along with the 4 other 1st team CBs at the club.

I would feel quite uncomfortable if I saw the team sheet and drysdale was being used in a championship match when he's not ready at all, he needs a loan move to progress

Last edited:

clint van damme

He gave cheap possession away several times in dangerous areas.
I'm a huge fan and nominated him as a player to watch on this forum when someone asked who will be a surprise package for us in the Chmpionship but he had a poor game yesterday.

SlowerThanPlatt

It is a difficult one with loans - they have to go somewhere they’re going to play for a season. Williams and Drysdale went to the NL last season but only for a month to cover injured players. Ponticelli didn’t get much of a game either

Evo1883

It is a difficult one with loans - they have to go somewhere they’re going to play for a season. Williams and Drysdale went to the NL last season but only for a month to cover injured players. Ponticelli didn’t get much of a game either

I agree, however you'd imagine if he's good enough he can secure a loan In league 1 or 2 at the age of 20 at a club he will get 1st team football... Me personally don't think he's good enough... However he still has alot of time to improve his game

clint van damme

I can't see Shipley starting much this season tbh.. In the league anyway.

I think we'll see a lot of rotation next season with 14 mid week games it's really going to be a squad game. Not just for us but for every club

Evo1883

I think we'll see a lot of rotation next season with 14 mid week games it's really going to be a squad game. Not just for us but for every club

I dont think the rotation will be as extreme as some believe, could only be several matches accross the whole season in reality

SlowerThanPlatt

I agree, however you'd imagine if he's good enough he can secure a loan In league 1 or 2 at the age of 20 at a club he will get 1st team football... Me personally don't think he's good enough... However he still has alot of time to improve his game

I would be surprised if him or any of our fringe players got a League 1 club for the season

fatso

I’ve never been a big fan of Baka, but credit it where it’s due, he looks like he has put in the effort since lock down to get himself in shape, and he now offers some serious competition, not to mention options for MR.
Well done big boy!

robbiethemole

I know it's fashionable to slag refs, but I read that Mr Kettle also reffed our last game of last season against Ipswich, that means we are unbeaten in games reffed by him! Shouldn't we cut him some slack??

ACTUALLY no!! the bloke is a class one fucking bellend, who can't keep up with play and whose decision making is fucking horrendous, red for Drysdale, nothing for the blokes who hacked O'Hare and Shipley down, especially the one at the end ( a lunge Nick would have been proud of) The man is an absolute disgraceful ref and thank fuck we wont get him again this season.

Gibbo

I know it's fashionable to slag refs, but I read that Mr Kettle also reffed our last game of last season against Ipswich, that means we are unbeaten in games reffed by him! Shouldn't we cut him some slack??

ACTUALLY no!! the bloke is a class one fucking bellend, who can't keep up with play and whose decision making is fucking horrendous, red for Drysdale, nothing for the blokes who hacked O'Hare and Shipley down, especially the one at the end ( a lunge Nick would have been proud of) The man is an absolute disgraceful ref and thank fuck we wont get him again this season.
From the tele, the decision on Drysdale was terrible. Kettle was so far away it was a full on example of the 'paralax' I was taught about in year 2 Physics all those years ago...

Paxman II

You are not serious surely?

cc84cov

🤣🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread