Millwall Match Thread (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Bradfird will definitely be a different kettle of fish, any sniff of a chance against them has to be taken. That involves been clinical unfortunately Armstrong isn't clinical ATM, if they play Hanson he will drop to the far post on Phillips as well.
Unfortunately Phillips had a great game yesterday and was very influential but if Hanson plays. We need to protect Phillips for 90 minutes.

Last edited:

Grendel

We had 18 shots in total
If you check sky sports
Only 4 on target
I should have said 18 shots in total (not off target)
They controlled the first 20 minutes with their physicality.
The 5-10 minutes building up to the sending off. They couldn't get the ball off us. I was certain we were going to score and we did. (dissallowed)
Then the sending off disrupted things a little before we picked up where we were just prior to the sending off.
Stu just always has a glass half empty outlook on city

No he just knows about football - you haven't a clue.

stupot07

We had 18 shots in total
If you check sky sports
Only 4 on target
I should have said 18 shots in total (not off target)
They controlled the first 20 minutes with their physicality.
The 5-10 minutes building up to the sending off. They couldn't get the ball off us. I was certain we were going to score and we did. (dissallowed)
Then the sending off disrupted things a little before we picked up where we were just prior to the sending off.
Stu just always has a glass half empty outlook on city
No not at all don. You don't seem to accept the sending off had any impact on proceedings apart from initially "disrupting us".

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hobo

A win is a win after the run we have had. At least the last three games have shown an improvement and perhaps we can at least try and finish in the top ten.

Otis makes a good point about the bigger picture and us beating Bury was as much about them being poor as it was about us being good. Yes, you can only beat the team that is in front of you but you shouldn't take it as a sign that you are going to smash this league....which some of our fans did.

We were never good enough or consistent enough, the signs were there. Yes we got ourselves into a great position, but it always needed to kick on. Mowbray did what people wanted added to the squad with a bit of experience. Whether he got the wrong players or the right players weren't available I don't know. But the likes of Cole Henderson and Hunt just didn't have the Indian summer we hoped for.

Let's hope we can go out and battle against Bradford and at least get a point.

Otis

A win is a win after the run we have had. At least the last three games have shown an improvement and perhaps we can at least try and finish in the top ten.

Otis makes a good point about the bigger picture and us beating Bury was as much about them being poor as it was about us being good. Yes, you can only beat the team that is in front of you but you shouldn't take it as a sign that you are going to smash this league....which some of our fans did.

We were never good enough or consistent enough, the signs were there. Yes we got ourselves into a great position, but it always needed to kick on. Mowbray did what people wanted added to the squad with a bit of experience. Whether he got the wrong players or the right players weren't available I don't know. But the likes of Cole Henderson and Hunt just didn't have the Indian summer we hoped for.

Let's hope we can go out and battle against Bradford and at least get a point.

A draw would be great. That would be two positive results on the bounce and hopefully give us a bit more heart. Doncaster away next up after Bradford will also be very tough because they are fighting tooth and nail to stay in this league.

dongonzalos

No not at all don. You don't seem to accept the sending off had any impact on proceedings apart from initially "disrupting us".

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Of course it had an impact. Absolutely no question. I just think it is wrong to suggest we were not in the game prior to the sending off. I clearly remember expecting us to score when we did (dissalowed) and feeling relieved that after conceding the goal we were starting to control the possession. I felt whilst we had the ball they could get their set pieces which were were vulnerable at.
Grendel was pretty much saying without the sending off Millwall were going to be out of sight. I disagree.
He said until the sending off we hadn't created a single chance
I disagree.
The sending off definitely had an impact. However before it happened we were not a beaten team.

dongonzalos

No he just knows about football - you haven't a clue.

I take it you still believe we didn't create a chance before the sending off
Despite the keeper saving Phillips Volley. The post getting hit and the goal dissalowed
Welcome to planet Grendel

skybluegod

Someone just posted a picture in Twitter of our defensive set up for the corner; it was poor! Stephens was marking a blade of grass well away from where the Millwall players were! Not blaming him but if we can get the simple things right what hope is there?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgMHqgqWQAEQCuS.jpg:large

tbf, someone did need to defend that area where Stephens was, but not Stephens himself who should be marking.
Also two people marking one Millwall player, that is shocking. Leaving the other free. Just simple really.

steve82

Someone just posted a picture in Twitter of our defensive set up for the corner; it was poor! Stephens was marking a blade of grass well away from where the Millwall players were! Not blaming him but if we can get the simple things right what hope is there?

Stephens was actually backtracking into the box in the picture after it looked like millwall may play to there winger. However a fleck or Cole type player you'd prefer there. Tho Cole was near post I see and doing a job there.
I was happy to see AA and Lameries up on the half way line like we were early in the season.
With Bradford coming Tuesday expect a similar game.

steve82

Still some negativity after a win, nothing is going to change in personnel yet and yes we're still poor on many aspects. The win is nothing to get carried away with but you can only beat what's played against you.
On reflection on yesterdays game we were good value for the win. Millwall asked early questions of us and it looked like there physicality was going to be the undoing of us and they scored. We however grew in the game knocked the ball about well, millwall seemed to let us play and only looked a threat from set pieces, like everyone does against us!
After the sending off that seemed to give them more belief, and we continued to play down each wing, Ricketts worked forward well and was given a lot of space but always cut the ball back to Cole or fleck. tho just before he was subbed did he actually put a few half decent balls in, we needed a Tudgay type player in the box. TM made a good calculated sub and Tudgay was that fox in the box and linked up play well. Defended well too tho gave a needless corner away when RCC could of called him to leave it.
Phillips had a great game tho was not asked many questions, millwall really could of pressed him as Maddison gave him no protection playing very narrow tho came outside occasionally.
In all honesty millwall stopped playing against us and let us dictate play. A treat for us fans for a change, was not vintage but a job done against what was offered against us and 3 welcome pts claimed.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
tbf, someone did need to defend that area where Stephens was, but not Stephens himself who should be marking.
Also two people marking one Millwall player, that is shocking. Leaving the other free. Just simple really.

Yeah I think that was the point the tweeter was trying to make, and I agree with it too. Someone needed to be there but you don't expect one of your CB's to be marking thin air; leave that to a short arse midfielder :D

steve82

Looking back on the picture in clockwise positions it's martin, vincelot, rose and Ricketts in the pack, Cole on the post Phillips in front of goal. Fleck and Stephens on edge of box, Lameries and AA on halfway line. As the video plays on Martin makes the jump with his man misses it, and it's vincelots man who gets in front of him to claim the header.
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10246396/coventry-2-1-millwall

ajsccfc

Yesterday's win ought to be dedicated to the subtle old Millwall fan in block 17 who lost himself and stood up to punch the air when they scored, and never got off his seat for the rest of the game.

James Smith

Nice couple of wins there betting wise. Shut odds but makes a nice change having money coming back to me no matter how little :D

A mate left me a voicemail saying we'd ruined his accumulator. He had Villa, Chelsea and us losing, with Doncaster and the Blades winning. I spoke to him after work today and he wasn't very pleased about our return to form :D

Users who are viewing this thread