Match Thread Middlesbrough (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

He is proven at League 1 and League 2 not Championship. Forest kept loaning him out then eventually sold him
36 goals in previous 2 seasons he certainly knows where the goal is my worry is service for him,agreed he’s not proven in the championship which was a worry before we even started making signings I felt we needed 2-3 experienced players at the level this year,I expect if we are struggling come jan we will make them signings

Garryb80

36 goals in previous 2 seasons he certainly knows where the goal is my worry is service for him,agreed he’s not proven in the championship which was a worry before we even started making signings I felt we needed 2-3 experienced players at the level this year,I expect if we are struggling come jan we will make them signings
Don't have the finances to sign them. Wages alone would be sky high

ccfcchris

• Middlesbrough are unbeaten in their last six Championship matches (W2, D4).
  • Coventry have lost three of their last four league games, shipping ten goals in the process.
  • Six of Boro’s seven outings this term have featured fewer than 2.5 goals.
Boro to Grind Out the Points
Middlesbrough may be sitting 13th in the Championship table, but they’ve made an extremely solid start to the campaign under Neil Warnock and can kick on further with a win over Coventry this Tuesday.

It’s fair to say that Boro have been far from a riveting watch with just six goals scored and five conceded in their seven matches thus far, but their tough, pragmatic approach is working as they haven’t been defeated since a 1-0 loss at Watford on the opening day.

Two wins and four draws have followed, and their last two results have probably been their most impressive to date, with Saturday’s 1-1 draw at Cardiff backing up a superb 0-1 success at second-placed Bristol City last week.

Warnock’s men sit just two points away from the Play-Off places and can make stealthy headway towards the top six when they take on the struggling Sky Blues.

Coventry began life back in the second tier fairly promisingly with a slender 2-1 defeat at Bristol City and a 3-2 home victory against QPR, but Mark Robins’ side have mustered just two points from their last five outings.

They were smashed 0-4 by Blackburn Rovers at St Andrews on Saturday and it’s hard to see where the Sky Blues are going to attain points from at present. Boro should have too much nous and mettle for them here, so we’re forecasting a 1-0 win for the hosts which would mark the seventh game in eight involving Warnock’s side where under 2.5 goals have been scored.

Christopher Kisby

SlowerThanPlatt

Then we don’t have the finances to stay in the league. That’s the facts.

In the 4 years Millwall have been in the Chanpionship the most they’ve spent on a player is £1.5m which is the same we’ve spent in our first season. It can be done but perhaps not the way we’re trying to play.

They finished 8th in their first season

shmmeee

In the 4 years Millwall have been in the Chanpionship the most they’ve spent on a player is £1.5m which is the same we’ve spent in our first season. It can be done but perhaps not the way we’re trying to play.

They finished 8th in their first season

Here’s their signings that year, several Championship players:Millwall FC - Transfers 17/18

The argument was we couldn’t afford Championship players wages. Nothing to do with transfer fees.

The style isn’t anything like as much of a problem as the lack of experience is IMO. It would’ve taken a massive overhaul to turn the squad of last season into some Warnock-esque cloggers.

Also Hamer was €1.5m not £1.5m.

Edit: also Milwalls wage budget that season was 50-100% higher than ours likely is.

Fergusons_Beard

Interesting we above them in expected goals table...
9db60788ae0949a977ddebe683356593.png

Doesn’t included Weekend result.

Happy_Martian

Middlesboro are starting to settle for the season ahead, we are not even close. It'll be tight but whichever sky blue glasses I wear, I can't see past another defeat. Either 1-0 or 2-1 to them.

johnwillomagic

I think we should try to match up with them formation wise and hope our guys can win their match ups which think we could do,
Therefore I'm up for a 3 - 1 - 4 - 2 formation with Baka or Walker accompanying Godden up top.

Marosi

Osti Fadz Hyam

Kelly

McCallum Sheaf Hamer Giles

Godden Walker/Baka

Subs: Wilson, Pask, Allen, O.Hare, Hilssner, Walker/Baka, Biamou

I fear the worst but am going to stick neck out and hope for a 1-1 draw.

cc84cov

I think we should try to match up with them formation wise and hope our guys can win their match ups which think we could do,
Therefore I'm up for a 3 - 1 - 4 - 2 formation with Baka or Walker accompanying Godden up top.

Marosi

Osti Fadz Hyam

Kelly

McCallum Sheaf Hamer Giles

Godden Walker/Baka

Subs: Wilson, Pask, Allen, O.Hare, Hilssner, Walker/Baka, Biamou

I fear the worst but am going to stick neck out and hope for a 1-1 draw.
Walker surely starts ahead of Baka at least walker has done it in leagues below consistently

shmmeee

Millwall didn’t either

First year wages were £13.3m four years ago (so there will have been inflation).

Say we take your £10m figure, that’s five or so players on £10-15k pw. That’s a significant addition to the existing squad.

You worked out which manager is going to get more out of this squad yet?

Last edited:

johnwillomagic

Yeah I want two up front but just think Walker won't start due to self isolation - I would like him too but if he doesn't want Baka to start so we have two up top and Walker to come on from the bench on 60 minutes with O'Hare those two subs if still in the game with 30 minutes to go ideal to go and snatch something on the counter!

Brighton Sky Blue

First year wages were £13.3m four years ago (so there will have been inflation).

Say we take your £10m figure, that’s five or so players on £10-15k pw. That’s a significant addition to the existing squad.

You worked out which manager is going to get more out of this squad yet?

This is the problem when your MO is to play contrary in most threads

Skyblueweeman

This is going to be a tough game but we'll have a good squad for it.

I still think the fact that we had a few months off for Covid compared to 21 other teams in this league, is going to affect us for a little while longer.

Users who are viewing this thread