Match Thread Middlesbrough (4 Viewers)

Bugsy

....PUSB

Sky Blue Harry H

I know a lot on here will anyway (and a positive result or two will help) but please can I bang the drum and encourage City fans to buy ifollow match day passes for as many games as possible so that we can support the club financially. It may just make that small bit of difference come the end of the season (holding on to a key player, buying a new one in January, etc etc- even if it's difficult to envisage it now. I know some won't be able to afford it, but for those who can, please do!

steve101

I have personally put him in at RB as I don’t think Giles will make for a good LB and so McCallum has to play LB in a back 4.

I wouldn’t have Pask anywhere near the RWB role. We will play wing backs Tuesday I’m sure and MR will correctly play Giles on the left and McCallum on the right.
I wonder how far off Rowe is from having a chance? He looked favourite to play in the absence of Dabo early season after some impressive pre-season performances.

steve101

I find it really difficult to predict how we will do. For me the first few games reflected a lack of pre-season, considering sides in the Championship last season hadn't had such a long gap. I wonder in hindsight whether the week off mid mini pre-season was wise?
You can now see most players are looking sharper. Obviously, when we get a player sent off then that fitness improvement is lost in the extra effort needed.
Then we have players coming back from surgery (Dabo and Rose) quite quickly expected to play 90 minutes at Championship level without any pre-season.
It was a shame to go out of the League cup so soon as a little run there would have given some of these players and peripheral players some match fitness.
Hopefully, the injury situation will settle and once the squad start to get more minutes under their belts we will improve. Great that Hillsner is getting game time in u23s after his illness. If he can get fit he would provide something different. Scoring a free-kick for u23s will give him some confidence after a difficult start.

AFCCOVENTRY

Very long trip up to Boro today for the team and weather is horrible. I will be very happy with a point but depends who we have fit and available. Will be interesting to see how the team dynamic changes with Leo and Hamer back in.

wingy

Lovin that.
giphy.gif

Skybluebeliever

I find it really difficult to predict how we will do. For me the first few games reflected a lack of pre-season, considering sides in the Championship last season hadn't had such a long gap. I wonder in hindsight whether the week off mid mini pre-season was wise?
You can now see most players are looking sharper. Obviously, when we get a player sent off then that fitness improvement is lost in the extra effort needed.
Then we have players coming back from surgery (Dabo and Rose) quite quickly expected to play 90 minutes at Championship level without any pre-season.
It was a shame to go out of the League cup so soon as a little run there would have given some of these players and peripheral players some match fitness.
Hopefully, the injury situation will settle and once the squad start to get more minutes under their belts we will improve. Great that Hillsner is getting game time in u23s after his illness. If he can get fit he would provide something different. Scoring a free-kick for u23s will give him some confidence after a difficult start.

Skybluebeliever

I’m afraid Hilßner will not make it , not featured in any of the squads even though he’s played 3 90 minutes games . If he’s not on bench tonight then this has to be right , how many games does he need
Bapaga was out with dislocated shoulder played 90 minutes in u23 straight back in to first team squad
I think there will be a 3 or 4 bombed out in January
Think O’hare will be rested tonight

SeaSeeEffCee

I’m afraid Hilßner will not make it , not featured in any of the squads even though he’s played 3 90 minutes games . If he’s not on bench tonight then this has to be right , how many games does he need
Bapaga was out with dislocated shoulder played 90 minutes in u23 straight back in to first team squad
It’s a bizarre signing

Frostie

Being unable to breathe properly & having a dislocated shoulder are 2 very different ailments.

shmmeee

Pop quiz: which is more likely to affect your athletic fitness and therefore require more time to recover:

a) a shoulder injury after a full preseason
b) a breathing issue discovered during preseason

He may or may not make it, but you can’t judge yet.

Last edited:

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Was really looking forward to this game. First chance to watch a match with my best mate in year

Pop quiz: which is more likely to affect your athletic fitness and therefore require more time to recover:

I think Hillsner might genuinely have set a record for the fastest player to have been written off. That's some doing considering what's come before him.

Skybluebeliever

Was really looking forward to this game. First chance to watch a match with my best mate in year

Skybluebeliever

shmmeee

Playing 3 90 minutes games and training in between would need a lot of breathing

It would. Do you know what his issue was and what the recommended rehabilitation strategy is? Cos I don’t. What I do know is that generally we’ve used the U23s for fitness and kids and not as a bomb squad.

We know Hilßner has missed most of pre season, had to recover from a breathing issue, and is having trouble settling. And you want to write him off cos he’s not in the squad after three U23 games, the most recent of which was the day before a first team game.

Users who are viewing this thread