Match Thread Middlesbrough (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

Sweepstake on what time the Robins out threads will start tonight?

In all seriousness as with all games this season, I think we have a chance if we play with confidence and play our football. Unfortunately that if is getting bigger and bigger. The players have been disappointing and frustrating in equal measure so far; consistently showing too much respect to the opposition. The times we haven’t and we’ve played our game, we’ve looked more than capable.

I don’t think we need to ring the changes tonight, other than Ostigard for Rose and Dabo if he’s fit. Hamer is obviously a talent, but not sure MR will drop Sheaf.

Optimistic, 2-1.

Skybluebeliever

It would. Do you know what his issue was and what the recommended rehabilitation strategy is? Cos I don’t. What I do know is that generally we’ve used the U23s for fitness and kids and not as a bomb squad.

We know Hilßner has missed most of pre season, had to recover from a breathing issue, and is having trouble settling. And you want to write him off cos he’s not in the squad after three U23 games, the most recent of which was the day before a first team game.
Missed pre season ?
He played majority of the games

Jamesimus

2-1 to us. Godden pen, Hamer to make up for the other week. They get a goal to make up for having the worst accent you could ever hear.

baldy

If my Footy Manager's anything to go by,they predicted the last match v Blackburn spot on with the scoreline so expect a 2-1 defeat tonight boys & girls

ccfcmad1

Take any sort of win tonight even if a poor performance desperate need of three points, 1-0 city boro og

Sky Blue Harry H

I’m going for a 3v0 defeat unfortunately

It might happen, but I'd be bl**dy disappointed in that - I want us to make at least a fist of it, even should we get turned over. I will press the mental reset button regardless of what happens, but really want to rebuild confidence after Saturday, and before we face Reading on Friday night.

Esoterica

Heart is saying city win with much improved set pieces again, head is saying Middlesboro will be a big, strong, typical Warnock side and bully us off the park.

shmmeee

Missed pre season ?
He played majority of the games

His issue was discovered just after the Peterborough pre season game, it had been effecting his ability to get up to fitness up until that point. In this article

Robins says he has been a yard behind all preseason and hopes he can push on and build fitness. So at the end of August he clearly wasn’t at the fitness levels required and hadn’t been since he joined the club.

The fact you’re now nitpicking I’ll take as acceptance of my overall argument that it’s too soon to judge him and you don’t know what his fitness plan is.

Jesus the lengths some people will go to to slate a CCFC player.

Jamesimus

I can't remember what game it was, but was a Warnock managed side, playing us at the Ricoh and he kept on wandering onto the pitch while the ball was in play to chat to one of his players. Always hated him after that.

Barnsley

You’ll have plenty of the ball, it’s all about if you have the quality to make it pay. I’ve gone score draw.

AFCCOVENTRY

Happily take a point, but what I really want to see is more attacking desire in the final third. I’m hoping that comes with Hamer able to create.

AFCCOVENTRY

Apparently Dabo hasn’t travelled? If so then I worry about the defence. Even with Sam on the right it’s really unbalanced and he keeps getting caught as he naturally cuts in.

stevefloyd

Hmmm does Robins play stubborn and leave Hamer on the bench or decide a win is more important and play him probably at the expense of Allen...Is Walker out of isolation yet?

Johnnythespider

I'm finding it hard to see where the next win is coming from, i know it will happen but i would take a solid 0-0 to stop us shipping goals that come from our own mistakes. If we can do that then we can start nicking the odd 1-0 win. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for 3 points.

Users who are viewing this thread