Michael Byng on twitter (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

So are you admitting you wouldn't mind going bust and starting again?

Would you? I mean assuming all sorts of stuff about the identity going on and such like.

Surely it's either that or hoping that somehow Sisu write the debt off and give us away, otherwise we'll be lumbered with a massive debt for decades and no way of paying it off.

Honest question: what's the alternative? Even if the new ground was given to us for free it'd take decades to pay down the debt at the moment. At some point, we're going to have to go pop like all the other mismanaged clubs from the late 90s aren't we?

Grendel

Would you? I mean assuming all sorts of stuff about the identity going on and such like.

Surely it's either that or hoping that somehow Sisu write the debt off and give us away, otherwise we'll be lumbered with a massive debt for decades and no way of paying it off.

Honest question: what's the alternative? Even if the new ground was given to us for free it'd take decades to pay down the debt at the moment. At some point, we're going to have to go pop like all the other mismanaged clubs from the late 90s aren't we?

So a plc with a large debt has an uncertain future does it in your view does it?

bigfatronssba

So are you admitting you wouldn't mind going bust and starting again?

I certainly think its something worth looking at, don't you?

Or do you think we should have a closed mind on such matters?

torchomatic

M&B Stand

Really? Where are these "loads of people" then?

It's a bit rich on a site containing loads of people that would prefer damage to CCFC if it meant trying to get one up on SISU.

Open minded to a lot of things me.

Earlier in the thread you questioned the view that some want the club to fail because they want Sisu out. It then turns out you might be open to the club going bust and starting again.

No problem if that's what you think, but don't deny that's what people want on one post, then admit it's what YOU want later on.

bigfatronssba

Open minded to a lot of things me.

Earlier in the thread you questioned the view that some want the club to fail because they want Sisu out. It then turns out you might be open to the club going bust and starting again.

No problem if that's what you think, but don't deny that's what people want on one post, then admit it's what YOU want later on.

All of us want sisu out apparently so then it just comes down to the method.

Some people see getting rid of them, at all costs, gives the club the best chance of survival. Those people want Sisu out because its best for the club, not because they hate sisu, which was the original point.

Also I have not stated here that it is something that I want have I?

Samo

All of us want sisu out apparently so then it just comes down to the method.

Some people see getting rid of them, at all costs, gives the club the best chance of survival. Those people want Sisu out because its best for the club, not because they hate sisu, which was the original point.

Also I have not stated here that it is something that I want have I?

That's just it though Ron, many fans seem completely blinded by their hatred of SISU and cannot be objective about what is good for the club. Yes I want SISU gone but there are ways I would prefer it happen, not simply at any cost. Don't you think that is a reasonable point of view?

bigfatronssba

That's just it though Ron, many fans seem completely blinded by their hatred of SISU and cannot be objective about what is good for the club. Yes I want SISU gone but there are ways I would prefer it happen, not simply at any cost. Don't you think that is a reasonable point of view?

Yes I think that's reasonable.

However when you look at the club without any emotion involved, only two scenarios can improve the current situation. Either a massive cash injection, or completely starting again and building the club up from scratch.

At the minute we just seem to be hoping some rich person buys us, whilst at the same time saying no one rich person would ever buy us because the club is in such a state.

Nonleagueherewecome

It's a bit rich on a site containing loads of people that would prefer damage to CCFC if it meant trying to get one up on SISU.

Don't talk aboslute nonsense, there's maybe one or two loonies who think like that. Then about 20 deluded loonies like you and Grendel who think that there's "loads" of them.

skybluetony176

The danger is they stay and it ends up costing us more. It isn't always better the devil you know.

Nonleagueherewecome

The club. I can't remember the exact quote but it stated that the sooner CCFC was wound up the better so a phoenix could be started.

That was when we were in Northampton with no prospects of coming back, wasn't it? I wasn't far off feeling like that at the time.

Grendel

That was when we were in Northampton with no prospects of coming back, wasn't it? I wasn't far off feeling like that at the time.

No it was said recently. Also been said that it's great wasps have got the ground means that sisu can't get hold of it.

Nonleagueherewecome

No it was said recently. Also been said that it's great wasps have got the ground means that sisu can't get hold of it.

By a couple of people. Certainly the vast majority of Phoenix talk was whilst we were in Northampton, I've heard zilch about it since we came back to Coventry. Most people couldn't quite get behind it yet, but another full season at Sixfields and I think that may have changed.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Calista

No last week.

Correct – I’m sure somebody did raise this a week or so back. Talked about backing Coventry United instead I think. But only one person as far as I recall, and it’s a viewpoint that has been extremely rare since we returned to Cov.

Nonleagueherewecome

Correct – I’m sure somebody did raise this a week or so back. Talked about backing Coventry United instead I think. But only one person as far as I recall, and it’s a viewpoint that has been extremely rare since we returned to Cov.

That thread? That wasn't about a Phoenix CCFC, that was about supporting a different team. It has not been seriously suggested this season, to my knowledge.

torchomatic

Here you go. Funnily enough, he's deleted his original post. Luckily, I quoted him.

The sooner CCFC is closed down the better. Sisu can never turn this around and they'll never sell due to hubris.
A Phoenix club cannot work while the old one continues to go through the motions.

Nonleagueherewecome

That's just one extremist though, isn't it? And probably a throw away comment. Not a serious discussion.

torchomatic

That's not a throwaway comment. You don't say you want your club wound up. As you say more likely an extremist - the polar opposite to RFC.

That's just one extremist though, isn't it? And probably a throw away comment. Not a serious discussion.

Nonleagueherewecome

That's not a throwaway comment. You don't say you want your club wound up. As you say more likely an extremist - the polar opposite to RFC.

If he's deleted it, is that not indeed literally a throw-away comment? :)

fernandopartridge

No. People are being deflected from the real problems of CCFC, Wasps did not destroy CCFC. They are here as a result of the problems.

They're here as a result of ACL's problems you mean. The stadium wasn't reserved for CCFC, it was always made for a sports franchise.

Alan Dugdale

They're here as a result of ACL's problems you mean. The stadium wasn't reserved for CCFC, it was always made for a sports franchise.

I don't agree. The stadium was built with funding through CCC when CCFC couldn't afford it, but it was clearly built for CCFC. ACL was set up to run it until a point CCFC could afford to buy into it. If SISU had exercised that option to buy in when they first took over we would now have a stake in it. SISU had not burned bridges with ACL at that time and could have bought in at that point if they had chosen to. Not exercising that option was in retrospect the first of many disastrous decisions which SISU have made that have brought the club to the position it now finds itself in.

Captain Dart

Shame they made the seats Sky Blue, a more neutral colour might have enhanced its marketability.. :facepalm:

dongonzalos

I don't agree. The stadium was built with funding through CCC when CCFC couldn't afford it, but it was clearly built for CCFC. ACL was set up to run it until a point CCFC could afford to buy into it. If SISU had exercised that option to buy in when they first took over we would now have a stake in it. SISU had not burned bridges with ACL at that time and could have bought in at that point if they had chosen to. Not exercising that option was in retrospect the first of many disastrous decisions which SISU have made that have brought the club to the position it now finds itself in.

Anyone who doesn't understand that is beyond reproach

lordsummerisle

Wouldn't the club have massively overpaid for it then though?

Alan Dugdale

Depends what your angle is! If they had bought in at that point, by now they would have had 7 years of access to associated stadium income, and would have not moved to Northampton (with the resulting disassociation from our club of much of its core support). In my opinion that 7 year wait wasn't worth it even if they had got the stadium at a lower rate 7 years, on rather than Wasps.

lordsummerisle

Depends what your angle is! If they had bought in at that point, by now they would have had 7 years of access to associated stadium income, and would have not moved to Northampton (with the resulting disassociation from our club of much of its core support). In my opinion that 7 year wait wasn't worth it even if they had got the stadium at a lower rate 7 years, on rather than Wasps.

I always thought the angle was that we had to pay around £12million total in order that childrens taxpayers and local ratepayers wouldn't be ripped off?

Astute

Our club was GIVEN 50% of ACL. Our club then loaned 6.5m against this share. SISU then took over and didn't want to pay for this share to get it back. Our club could have had this share back for less than they got for it. So how could this have been massively overpaying for it? That is unless you count the millions wasted in legal fees :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread