Mental Health (1 Viewer)

Covstu

The whole situation is grinding on most now, the fact that there is no visible end in sight is soul destroying. Just keeping my self sane by trying to keep fit and setting goals (then the weather fucks me up!). Take the small wins while you can and keep talking

clint van damme

The whole situation is grinding on most now, the fact that there is no visible end in sight is soul destroying. Just keeping my self sane by trying to keep fit and setting goals (then the weather fucks me up!). Take the small wins while you can and keep talking

I'm mentally strong but it's just dawned on me that I'm voluntarily about to watch a game involving a Sam Allardyce team - help!!

shmmeee

Another day that feels like Groundhog Day. Working all day then moping for the evening isn’t doing me any good.

Always darkest before the dawn mate. Days are getting longer, vaccines on its way, this time next year we’ll be watching City play Championship football hopefully in Cov and all this will be a memory.

Try and improve/learn something always helps me. Weight lifting, weight loss, language learning, anything you can see regular tangible progress helps with the feeling of endlessness IMO.

Sbarcher

Always darkest before the dawn mate. Days are getting longer, vaccines on its way, this time next year we’ll be watching City play Championship football hopefully in Cov and all this will be a memory.

Try and improve/learn something always helps me. Weight lifting, weight loss, language learning, anything you can see regular tangible progress helps with the feeling of endlessness IMO.
Might seem a bit strange but I've become a crossword fiend. Improving not only my mental health but keeping my mind alert.

Blind-Faith

Another day that feels like Groundhog Day. Working all day then moping for the evening isn’t doing me any good.
Your not alone buddy , feel the same! I’m all ok at work which I’m trying to do as much as I can to keep my head right.
As someone else mentioned, try and pick up a new hobby/skill , keeps your mind off things! Just remember your not the only one feeling like you are 👍

Brighton Sky Blue

To be honest shmmeee it feels like I have no time for anything other than being in front of a screen. Had to do a remote parents' evening this week which combined with lessons, marking, chasing students and making more lessons in the evening had me on for 15 hours. It's similar most days and there isn't much it seems I can do about it. Worse for the missus having essays to mark on a screen

clint van damme

Thanks for reaching out, but honestly, awful.

I didn't really want to reply to this because I don't have much positive to say, but I'm still here at least.

Hang on in there.
One thing that seems to be going right is the vaccination program so there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Maybe speak to a mental health professional in the mean time?

CCFCSteve

I didn't really want to reply to this because I don't have much positive to say, but I'm still here at least.

We really are hopefully finally edging towards normality. Fingers crossed case numbers are dropping and the vaccine roll is probably going better than expected so far...both of which will hopefully mean restrictions will start to be reduced in the not too distant future !

As Greggs said Spring is also on the way.

There’s better times ahead mate ! Keep focussing on the positives whatever they may be

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

Maybe book something for later in the year to look forward to. I've just booked some gig tickets for Nov, hotel in Bristol with 3 mates and that did lift my mood. I know it's a long way away, but it did seem something 'normal' at last.

shmmeee

When you’re going through hell, keep going mate. You’re still here and that’s half the battle. Hope we get a win tomorrow to cheer you up.

Even the most pessimistic are saying next year at the latest, so absolute worst case you’ve only got to do what you’ve already done once and survived. But it won’t be, this summer well all be out in beer gardens again mark my words.

Also: still another ten days for Baka to get offloaded!

Ccfcisparks

Need some time away from this Forum and Cov for a little bit. Tonight’s tipped me over that edge. See you on the flip side fellas.

Skybluefaz

When you’re going through hell, keep going mate. You’re still here and that’s half the battle. Hope we get a win tomorrow to cheer you up.

Even the most pessimistic are saying next year at the latest, so absolute worst case you’ve only got to do what you’ve already done once and survived. But it won’t be, this summer well all be out in beer gardens again mark my words.

Also: still another ten days for Baka to get offloaded!
But it won't be this summer we'll all be out in beer gardens again, mark my words... Is how I read that first time around, and nearly soiled myself.

Ian1779

To be honest shmmeee it feels like I have no time for anything other than being in front of a screen. Had to do a remote parents' evening this week which combined with lessons, marking, chasing students and making more lessons in the evening had me on for 15 hours. It's similar most days and there isn't much it seems I can do about it. Worse for the missus having essays to mark on a screen
Its felt very much more like this since we went back. Meetings, lessons, checking work, sending emails... feels like it’s an endless rotation from Mon-Fri where the days don’t seem to differentiate from one another. Coming on here bitching about Boris, Cov-ID and our inability to not repeatedly give the ball away in dangerous situations is the only thing keeping me sane.

Brighton Sky Blue

Its felt very much more like this since we went back. Meetings, lessons, checking work, sending emails... feels like it’s an endless rotation from Mon-Fri where the days don’t seem to differentiate from one another. Coming on here bitching about Boris, Cov-ID and our inability to not repeatedly give the ball away in dangerous situations is the only thing keeping me sane.

Got 2 more virtual parents' evenings this term, the missus is being called in on weekends to mark essays with gloves on. Think I've been doing 12 hours+ screen time a day, Fridays and occasionally Saturdays excepted

Ian1779

Got 2 more virtual parents' evenings this term, the missus is being called in on weekends to mark essays with gloves on. Think I've been doing 12 hours+ screen time a day, Fridays and occasionally Saturdays excepted
I assume she’s being paid overtime for that surely??? If not that’s discgraceful.

Users who are viewing this thread