Mental Health

Covstu

Aug 17, 2008
Costa del Cov
The whole situation is grinding on most now, the fact that there is no visible end in sight is soul destroying. Just keeping my self sane by trying to keep fit and setting goals (then the weather fucks me up!). Take the small wins while you can and keep talking

clint van damme

May 3, 2015
The whole situation is grinding on most now, the fact that there is no visible end in sight is soul destroying. Just keeping my self sane by trying to keep fit and setting goals (then the weather fucks me up!). Take the small wins while you can and keep talking
I'm mentally strong but it's just dawned on me that I'm voluntarily about to watch a game involving a Sam Allardyce team - help!!

Reactions: Covstu

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Another day that feels like Groundhog Day. Working all day then moping for the evening isn’t doing me any good.
Always darkest before the dawn mate. Days are getting longer, vaccines on its way, this time next year we’ll be watching City play Championship football hopefully in Cov and all this will be a memory.

Try and improve/learn something always helps me. Weight lifting, weight loss, language learning, anything you can see regular tangible progress helps with the feeling of endlessness IMO.

Sbarcher

Mar 23, 2011
Oxford
Always darkest before the dawn mate. Days are getting longer, vaccines on its way, this time next year we’ll be watching City play Championship football hopefully in Cov and all this will be a memory.

Try and improve/learn something always helps me. Weight lifting, weight loss, language learning, anything you can see regular tangible progress helps with the feeling of endlessness IMO.
Might seem a bit strange but I've become a crossword fiend. Improving not only my mental health but keeping my mind alert.

Reactions: shmmeee

Blind-Faith

Mar 19, 2018
Southam
Another day that feels like Groundhog Day. Working all day then moping for the evening isn’t doing me any good.
Your not alone buddy , feel the same! I’m all ok at work which I’m trying to do as much as I can to keep my head right.
As someone else mentioned, try and pick up a new hobby/skill , keeps your mind off things! Just remember your not the only one feeling like you are 👍

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry

To be honest shmmeee it feels like I have no time for anything other than being in front of a screen. Had to do a remote parents' evening this week which combined with lessons, marking, chasing students and making more lessons in the evening had me on for 15 hours. It's similar most days and there isn't much it seems I can do about it. Worse for the missus having essays to mark on a screen